PS4 player with a couple gameplay comments and questions.

GrouchyDevotee

I've been playing 7D2D on PS4 on and off for awhile. I like it, it's a fun game with the sort of building stuff I enjoy.

I'm at level 200, with a couple of bases built, and a sorta kinda nice-ish house I'm half-way working on. I haven't tried to collect a single treasure because of either land-mines or white-out.

Scavenger with mostly default settings. Navezgane.

I have comments and a couple questions...

1. Can people log into my unpublished game?

I have had the game day-length time settings vastly altered on at least one occasion, and I almost routinely have a different in game clock time compared to when I've logged out... I normally eat and drink to 100% before logging out and sometimes I'm down to 70% when I log in.

2. Are there going to be any changes or updates FOR CONSOLE to this game? ( not yelling, just don't want to hear about PC ) Paint? Powered traps?

3. When I first started playing, I hit several land-mines in the burnt forest, now there doesnآ’t seem to be any there. Are the land-mines in the destroyed zone going to be the same? I don't go there at all now, because it's a dumb part of the game. Seriously, I don't have any in game reason to go where it'll take me 3 or 5 deaths to get my bike and gear back.

4. Are they going to give console players a method of measuring the gamma settings for when in the dark of night, and the snow during the day. The default setting had it almost impossible to see at 4pm, and now whenever I'm in the frozen zone and it snows I'm basically in pure white-out.

5. Is the skill point system flawed, or is it me? I start a "your nothing special" quest, and I will not see one of the classes of things I'm suppose to kill during the time limit, same thing happens with 'kill male zombie'.. specific ones will not appear during the time limit. Screamers basically won't appear at my base if I have a sniper rifle on my tool belt. I cannot imagine even trying to kill however many chickens with a nail gun in a set time. Same goes for "kill da wabbit".. I've maybe killed 4 to 8 rabbits total.

Also, I'm at almost day 300, and I've seen a total of 4 wasps.

6. Is the rest of the map going to unlock? There are 2 city zones in the south of the map that are red, what the hell?

7. Where is the wildlife?

My comments;

This is a good game, it is fun, and can seemingly be played endlessly...

until it's boring..

The jump scare zombie noises combined with the purposefully misleading sound directions as well as sounding closer than they should be, spoil the game immersion completely.

The random land-mines should have a setting to disable them. Keep them at the military bases, sure. but randomly throughout the map?

The zombie dogs.... what can I say... the console controller moves slowly when turning around, so the dogs are a jump scare pain in the butt. and needlessly difficult to hit. Perhaps if they had a setting to make them bark all the time or something.

I like the game, but I'm playing it less and less. Broken skill point system, misleading zombie sounds, and reliance on jump scares spoil it for me.

1. If you aren't running the game, it's not running and no one can connect.

2. Likely, but it's going to take a while thanks to Telltale.

3. As far as I am aware, mines do not respawn. If you look carefully, you can see them pretty easy.

4. Night is meant to be dark. Adjusting your gamma to compensate is kinda cheating. What you describe as default is darker than normal. May want to check setting on your TV.

5. These quests are kinda like that. I try to set an area up before starting one so I'll be able to complete it.

6. For the moment, the map is what it is. The next update should bring the console more up to speed on the a16 version of the PC game, which will have some expansion of the Navezgane map. In the current version of the console, those lands hadn't been developed at all yet.

7. If you hunt the same area, you won't have any. Once you mill all the animals in a biome, it takes 5 days for them to re-spawn. You need to hunt across several biomes, and don't repeat hunting in the same places.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

1. No people canآ’t log in to your game when youآ’re off the world that YOU are hosting. The only way people can log in is when youآ’re on and if it is an open world. If it private, others would need an invite. And for the food/water part, the game saves every couple minutes or so. Look for the gameآ’s logo at the top right. My best guess is that you exit the world right after eating/drinking without the game saving your current progress.

2. As of the legal issue of the rights and such for TFP and the other companies involved with the game, donآ’t expect anything soon or for a while. Itآ’s been a year almost two since 7D2D had an update. So, no, there wonآ’t be updates/changes to the console version.

3. I joined 7D2D in July of 2017 (keep in mind I play PS4, shouldآ’ve stated that a while ago). I donآ’t know about mines in the burnt forest. But, there are mines in wasteland. When it first came to PS4, it was horrible. There was a mine every 3 blocks or something like that. But now, itآ’s all spread out and such. Travel on the asphalt roads or if you want, travel slowly in wasteland. There are grass patches where it is safe, no mines. Zombie bears and dogs tend to spawn more in wasteland, I think cops and ferals too.

4. I canآ’t answer about the changes to that as Iآ’m not a developer. But, play with your TV settings and the game settings. I think my gamma is about 3/4 to the end of the bar (left to right). For my TV setting (I have a Samsung TV), I play on آ“dynamicآ”. So if your TV has that, play on that. I sometimes play with the آ“naturalآ” setting too. (Dynamic makes it bright, natural makes it darker but clearer too). Also, check to see if youآ’re getting a glare from the sun (in real life). Adjust your TV or cover where the sun is coming in from. (Also to mention, if you want to remove the fog in wasteland and fireland, turn on آ“Display Distant Terrainآ” in the options of the menu before you load into a world).

5. I donآ’t know about the skill point system. It hasnآ’t happened to me. And I agree about the time for the bonus point. But, I ignore the quest with chickens and rabbits. Itآ’s too time consuming. But if you want to do it, I think chicken and rabbits spawn more in the Sahara biome (the one that looks like the desert but it has more vegetation and such). Iآ’ve noticed deer spawn more in the Sahara too. But those problems youآ’re having with the skill points and seeing the wasps hasnآ’t happened to me. But tbh, I donآ’t know why youآ’re worried about the wasps.

6. The rest of the map آ“unlocksآ” when there are updates. That goes back to what I said in #2. I donآ’t what youآ’re talking about for the south side. Are you in navezgame or random gen?

7. Look for the terrains I said. Oh also, rabbits spawn a lot more in snow now that I remember. Not Sahara/desert. And like SylenThunder said about this too.

Extra:

The sounds are just based on the biomes. The screams are only featured in wasteland. Itآ’s supposed to give you a horror/creepy vibe. 7D2D is supposed to have horror built into it. It doesnآ’t spoil the game completely, that may be your opinion but thatآ’s a dumb reason to think about.

Yeah, the dogs are honestly annoying. For me, I can hear them. Buy a good mic that suits you. Turn up your sound for your TV/mic. But I wouldnآ’t really rely on your TV for sounds. The console/PS4 controller doesnآ’t move slowly. Iآ’m pretty sure you can alter the sensitivity. Dogs do run fast, when they get close to you, I noticed they zig-zag run. I hope you know this already but carry cloth fragments/bandages on your 24/7. You can bleed out anytime. Dogs are more capable of making you bleed out.

-If you have a hard time killing dogs, consider the spiked club and shotguns. If you hit them in the head with any firearm or some melee weapons, itآ’ll kill them instantly. Another thing to consider is to build up about 2, 3, or 4 blocks high. Dogs can run fast and can jump up a block. I said 3 or 4 blocks b/c of slopes.

Good luck with the info I said!

Quick Edit: I don’t know why آ was inserted, that happened on its own

6. For the moment, the map is what it is. The next update should bring the console more up to speed on the a16 version of the pc game, which will have some expansion of the navezgane map. In the current version of the console, those lands hadn't been developed at all yet.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah..

Archived