An alternative to 7 Days for Console Players

Diamond Dave

So I found myself wanting something that would give me the same 7 days to die feel and experience and was still getting updates. I purchased DayZ and it is fantastic. Graphics are great. Similar gameplay to 7 Days. Can't dig underground or destroy buildings though but you can build bases and take bases down. The map is huge too.

It is online all the time so even if you are not online people can come take your stuff at your base or tear it down. When you die you respawn at the beach with nothing. Everything you had on you is gone. You can pick which server you are on and switch servers anytime but you keep only what you have on you. Everything at the base stays on the server you built it on.

The game feels a lot like playing a simulation of The Walking Dead. Trust no one. You can tie people up, kill them, steal from them, hold them for ransom, even eat them after you kill them if you really want. And there's of course zombies. Highly recommend the game if you liked the looting, survival, scavenging, and hunting part of 7 days. Now is the perfect time to pick it up and learn it since by the end of this month they are completely wiping everyone's characters and servers to fix the duping glitch which is supposed to fix the lag spike issues.

It's ok imo. Unfortunately console doesn't have mods to make it better and unless it changed or going to change doesn't have private servers. For me personally between mods and private servers to actually have a RP server is what makes the game more fun. So the vanilla version for me is just ok lol.

Ok are you talking about on pc cause only find it for preorder on console

It is out for console. It was $59.99 when I bought it. Pretty laggy at times. Total freeze ups for a second and up to about 3 seconds sometimes. I believe you can build bases, but I think it requires way to many resources and with the limited space you can carry almost not worth it. I would say DayZ currently is like H1Z1 except not a battle royal. No poison forcing you in to fight and no time limit.

I would wait and read the forums after the 1.04 update comes out for console. That update almost puts it on par with the PC version game wise. There are a lot of people who say it is broken right now, with all the server hopping that goes on. Since you can jump from one server to another and currently you arrive in the exact same spot you left on a new server. So some people jump from server to server while in the better looting locations, or jump servers to gain a better shooting position to log back in to your server and in a room with you without coming through the only door in the room.

I do agree the graphics are way better. The zombie part is nothing compared to the pvp which seems to lean on the shoot first talk second part.

Actually with this next update this week or next they are adding the ability to have a private server. They are also trying to bring some modding to it later in the year.

Cool, even just private servers to actually have RP servers would be great. If they get to have mods like skyrim and fallout even better. I just personally prefer the PC version over console just for those 2 reasons. Everything else plays out the same for the most part so if we just talking vanilla version on either PC or console then it is just an ok for me anyway.

As for graphics I mean sure they look better but it isn't a voxel game so I would hope it does look better. Just sayin lol.

Have not even looked at or noticed about the switching servers part. That kinda blows, I heard the duplication glitches been causing server problems so hope that gets worked out as well.

It is out for console. It was $59.99 when I bought it. Pretty laggy at times. Total freeze ups for a second and up to about 3 seconds sometimes. I believe you can build bases, but I think it requires way to many resources and with the limited space you can carry almost not worth it. I would say DayZ currently is like H1Z1 except not a battle royal. No poison forcing you in to fight and no time limit.

I would wait and read the forums after the 1.04 update comes out for console. That update almost puts it on par with the PC version game wise. There are a lot of people who say it is broken right now, with all the server hopping that goes on. Since you can jump from one server to another and currently you arrive in the exact same spot you left on a new server. So some people jump from server to server while in the better looting locations, or jump servers to gain a better shooting position to log back in to your server and in a room with you without coming through the only door in the room.

I do agree the graphics are way better. The zombie part is nothing compared to the pvp which seems to lean on the shoot first talk second part.

It's only $50 now if I remember correctly. It does require a lot of resources to build a good base so you want to have friends helping with it. There are some lag spikes in the heavily congested areas but the claim is it is because of all the players exploiting a duplication glitch which is going to be fixed with the 1.04 update. I actually only run into the lag on the north military base. But I agree you could wait till the update and see how that addresses the lag. The server hoping is supposed to be fixed as well by making you spawn random instead of in the exact place you left in the previous server.

Well don't hold out on a updated game for the next gen console. As of now they talking about the console being $1,000 US dollars because of the China trade war stuff goin on. If you paying that much for a console you should definitely just buy a PC. Just sayin. Bright side it still over a year before console is out so things most likely will change by then. Lol

Archived