Hey Console players, would you pay for a DLC update? I sure would.

GrouchyDevotee

I keep hearing about all the updates and mods for the PC version of 7 days to die, and I know consoles will always be way behind.

I suppose it'll be up to whomever owns the rights to this game, but I have to wonder, would anybody else be willing to purchase a DLC update?

I would.

I keep hearing about all the updates and mods for the PC version of 7 days to die, and I know consoles will always be way behind.

I suppose it'll be up to whomever owns the rights to this game, but I have to wonder, would anybody else be willing to purchase a DLC update?

I would.

They've actually been very generous in providing all of the PC updates for console. The reason we haven't seen them in a while is because of the situation with Telltale. TFP would love to be going strong if they had the option.

no, DLC wont fix the overwriting of my game saves.

if they released an actual working game for the next, next generation consoles I might consider buying that but would be very wary of another broken game being released as a finished product. sadly this stigma will always be associated with TFP.

That boat came and gone. They bvb hadvtheir chances to make more money. Their baby is the pc. The only thing they care about.

One thing I would pay for though is for TFP to keep their unfinished alpha games on pc where they belong.

Who wants unfinished games,that are marketed as complete. Not me

They got my money on. This one. Never again. Rather flush $30 down the toilet then give to TFP and help support them to make more. Broken games

That boat came and gone. They bvb hadvtheir chances to make more money. Their baby is the pc. The only thing they care about.

One thing I would pay for though is for TFP to keep their unfinished alpha games on pc where they belong.

Who wants unfinished games,that are marketed as complete. Not me

They got my money on. This one. Never again. Rather flush $30 down the toilet then give to TFP and help support them to make more. Broken games

Of course the PC is their baby. That was the goal all along. They had support for kickstarter to start PC. So not sure what the problem is? They sold the rights to TT for console when TT seen a good enough game to call it a finished game. Like I said before you seen the PC version and assumed console was the same. That is like me seeing minecraft java edition and assuming console version was the same and get made that it wasn't. But guess it is someone else's fault you didn't look into something before buying. But they sold the rights so they didn't handle console the company that went bankrupt that bought the console rights handled it. Now TFP are trying to work out the legal stuff to be able to continue console the best it can be. Right now nobody not one soul can touch the console version due to legal issues. TFP could and they still might who knows but they could decide ok console is what it is. But last they said they still working on things so they haven't as of yet given up.

Seems like someone don't even know what is actually goin on because they don't do research before talking. But hey like I said on the last post you made we all need a good laugh every now and then. Lol

no, DLC wont fix the overwriting of my game saves.

if they released an actual working game for the next, next generation consoles I might consider buying that but would be very wary of another broken game being released as a finished product. sadly this stigma will always be associated with TFP.

So, if a paid DLC came out, perhaps fixing some of the known issues, you wouldn't buy it?

would you pay for a DLC update to the console version?

As for me, this is "yes" without hesitation.

I bought previous toons DLC skins even as I didn't liked them, so developers could eat.

[Cynical point of view]

My two cents "super money maker" proposal : a paying DLC with full toon nudity (sex == sales) rated "AO" so the base game can stay "Mature" rated.

Of course with third person view enabled even in single play like in Conan Exiles.

Don't be fooled, the ones who will be crying "scandal" will be the first ones to buy the DLC.

On the other hand, it wouldn't be off-lore in this game as in the introduction movie the man starts naked and also your toon in (censored for no AO rating) the start of a new game.

Seems like someone don't even know what is actually goin on

So, the question remains, would you pay for a DLC update to the console version?

Depends on exactly how you are saying it. As of now why would I? A paid DLC isn't going to happen no faster then a free DLC. Updates are not happening right now regardless while the legal stuff is goin on.

I don't see anyone making a paid DLC for the game. If they needed money sure I would pay for it. I have bought several console copies and several PC copies for friends to play and also some stream to do giveaways. So yeah if they wanted money I help more i have no issue with that right now. But like I said charging for DLC or not isn't the reason console isn't getting updated right now. I just personally don't see then charging. I could be wrong but don't think they are hurting for money. Not sure how much profit they got from console sales but they have sold loads of PC copies.

So, if a paid DLC came out, perhaps fixing some of the known issues, you wouldn't buy it?

no, 3 years+ later, I shouldn't have to pay for them to fix a game that was broken on launch.

we buy multiple copies for multiple platforms and I have no problem buying DLC. more often than not we order the premium /season pass versions of games. I just dont see myself doing that for the only game I own that has overwritten my game saves for 3 years running with no fix / work around.

Depends on exactly how you are saying it. As of now why would I? A paid DLC isn't going to happen no faster then a free DLC. Updates are not happening right now regardless while the legal stuff is goin on.

I don't see anyone making a paid DLC for the game. If they needed money sure I would pay for it. I have bought several console copies and several PC copies for friends to play and also some stream to do giveaways. So yeah if they wanted money I help more i have no issue with that right now. But like I said charging for DLC or not isn't the reason console isn't getting updated right now. I just personally don't see then charging. I could be wrong but don't think they are hurting for money. Not sure how much profit they got from console sales but they have sold loads of PC copies.

The current console version is locked in limbo because of legal mumbo-jumbo that I'm sure I don't understand.

The fact that all of the official replies specific to console are basically "no comment" leads me to believe that the creators of the game are not allowed to say anything until the legal snafu is sorted out.

I'm wondering if having a large segment of the console community clamouring for a paid update would help break the deadlock.

The current console version is locked in limbo because of legal mumbo-jumbo that I'm sure I don't understand.

The fact that all of the official replies specific to console are basically "no comment" leads me to believe that the creators of the game are not allowed to say anything until the legal snafu is sorted out.

I'm wondering if having a large segment of the console community clamouring for a paid update would help break the deadlock.

It wonآ’t break the deadlock. As some have said I donآ’t think TFP want to play in the console arena.

Sorry donآ’t believe the legal mumble-jumbo excuse. Maybe if they mentioned anything of what kind of legal action is happening then maybe, but total silence to me means nothing legal is going on at this point. TFP said they terminated the rights they sold to TTG. That agreement assuming both sides were smart covered this type of incident.

The Console code is owned by someone. TTG wouldnآ’t have been allowed to sell the asset in the auction by Sherwood Partners if someone had a legal case on it.

My best guess and we are all guessing at this point is TFP donآ’t want to mess with the costs of moving the console version forward. Plus it is doubtful that console could be updated to alpha 18 do to hardware limits. So TFP would be required to support two different versions of the game on different systems. Unless TFP have a money tree growing somewhere the costs far out weight the rewards for a free or at this point even paid DLC. Best guess is the next generation of console will get a new 7 days to die release and maybe even be on par with PC.

You can put me in the update is not going to happen. 8-2-2019 mark it down. If we are lucky TFP will say something at some point, but it is possible they might pull a TTG and just not say anything at all. Watching the video about alpha 18 for the PC and seeing how TFP body language, voices, and even talking 6 seconds about console seemed awkward. Thank goodness for the well buy a PC copy to break the tension. I own both and sorry but gameplay I prefer the console solo mode. Graphics, and pvp is a no brained PC.

I hope I am wrong and people re-post my post when the update happens. I will gladly eat crow and apologize for being wrong and an idiot. Unfortunately I think I am right, and we are just waiting for TFP to come out and say it.

It wonآ’t break the deadlock. As some have said I donآ’t think TFP want to play in the console arena.

Sorry donآ’t believe the legal mumble-jumbo excuse. Maybe if they mentioned anything of what kind of legal action is happening then maybe, but total silence to me means nothing legal is going on at this point. TFP said they terminated the rights they sold to TTG. That agreement assuming both sides were smart covered this type of incident.

The Console code is owned by someone. TTG wouldnآ’t have been allowed to sell the asset in the auction by Sherwood Partners if someone had a legal case on it.

My best guess and we are all guessing at this point is TFP donآ’t want to mess with the costs of moving the console version forward. Plus it is doubtful that console could be updated to alpha 18 do to hardware limits. So TFP would be required to support two different versions of the game on different systems. Unless TFP have a money tree growing somewhere the costs far out weight the rewards for a free or at this point even paid DLC. Best guess is the next generation of console will get a new 7 days to die release and maybe even be on par with PC.

You can put me in the update is not going to happen. 8-2-2019 mark it down. If we are lucky TFP will say something at some point, but it is possible they might pull a TTG and just not say anything at all. Watching the video about alpha 18 for the PC and seeing how TFP body language, voices, and even talking 6 seconds about console seemed awkward. Thank goodness for the well buy a PC copy to break the tension. I own both and sorry but gameplay I prefer the console solo mode. Graphics, and pvp is a no brained PC.

I hope I am wrong and people re-post my post when the update happens. I will gladly eat crow and apologize for being wrong and an idiot. Unfortunately I think I am right, and we are just waiting for TFP to come out and say it.

I don't know. I agree no update for 2019 that much for sure. If by some miracle console gets one I mean great but like you don't see it happening for 2019. Everyone has a right to a opinion so not going to say you are wrong in feeling the way you do. I just have a opinion of my own regardless if I'm right or wrong about it. If I'm wrong for me life goes on and it is what it is. I'm not getting my hopes up either way. I have PC as well so I'm good either way. But by having the PC version and keeping up with it as well I have personally yet to see anything TFP have posted on this thread and it be lies. Have they posted something and changed something yes but they have came out and posted it. I just have yet to see where they have said this and not stuck to it regardless of if it stays the same or changes. Now the forums are big and I don't catch everything so maybe I missed something. Just my view of it is.... A- they said they would do what they can for every platform the game is on.

B- they have said they are in a legal mess and can't talk about it. (As said I have yet seen the lie so for me I don't feel they say this if it wasn't true).

C- MM said just recently after that video when someone ask that they would make a official statement at some point. Now who knows it might come out and say they just can't do anything for console. Or they might say something good.

I just sayin is all that until they come out and say something official I go by what they tell us for the simple fact I have yet to see them lie about something. Also just because of that doesn't mean I believe an update is 100% goin to happen. I understand it might not happen. They said they would do what they could for all platforms doesn't mean that it is guaranteed console gets any more updates. But I do believe they are doing everything they can before giving up. So once they have news one way or the other until it is said officially I believe what what little they have said. But this is just my opinion right or wrong.

Once again I'm at work so sorry for the big wall of text lol.

I 100% would pay for any kind of dlc that would improve our game. I bought most of the skin packs, obviously not for much cosmetic view as you cant even see your person, but more to support telltale at the time.

So whoever owns it now, I'd be totally down in lending my support. This game is so badass & would love to see it continue to grow!

There's a whole issue that's being missed here....

In order to have DLC, you would have to have someone working on the console port.

That isn't going to happen until after the legal issues are resolved. Even then, the first thing they are most likely to do is finish the update they were already almost done with. At best, you're probably looking at Spring of 2020 before that update happens. Then they could work on DLC, but will most likely put a hard push into more bugfixes and aligning the console closer to the PC version.

DLC is something you do after the game is finished. And though the Console port was sold as a finished product, they very obviously want to align it as close to the PC version (that is still being developed) as they can.

There's a whole issue that's being missed here....

In order to have DLC, you would have to have someone working on the console port.

That isn't going to happen until after the legal issues are resolved. Even then, the first thing they are most likely to do is finish the update they were already almost done with. At best, you're probably looking at Spring of 2020 before that update happens. Then they could work on DLC, but will most likely put a hard push into more bugfixes and aligning the console closer to the PC version.

DLC is something you do after the game is finished. And though the Console port was sold as a finished product, they very obviously want to align it as close to the PC version (that is still being developed) as they can.

Wouldn't the smarter deal be that they want it as close to PC as possible is by this time to scratch what they was working on and start fresh. Several updates have happened with unity and the game it self. They would have to pay IG or whoever if they have to pick someone else to finish that no matter what. Then turn around if able and do more updates. Now wouldn't be smarter to save that money and start from scratch and get what they can with one big update and pay ome fee instead of several?

I mean it could be that what they was working on pushes the limits and nothing more can be added so paying to finish that would be the best choice. I'm just saying if more optimization has been done that could even improve the console version more then what they was working on why bother with that update anymore? Besides the fact to just push something out to please people. Console done wait this long so what is a little longer.

Yeah I agree and even said the same thing. Free or paid DLC wouldn't matter that isn't the reason why console isn't being updated. If the legal stuff gets sorted and TFP need help to push the console update I wouldn't mind paying. Besides that I don't see why console version wouldn't have a free DLC like all the other updates have been.

The issue isn't who's gonna work on dlc, who's gonna finish the update, or any of that. All we care about is them adding whatever they can to the game & continue any optimizations they can. That's what we are willing to for.

Personally, i don't care who ends up with the console port, as long as they continue to support it. That's who I'll support and that's who I'd pay to continue this awesome game.

Wouldn't the smarter deal be that they want it as close to PC as possible is by this time to scratch what they was working on and start fresh. Several updates have happened with unity and the game it self. They would have to pay IG or whoever if they have to pick someone else to finish that no matter what. Then turn around if able and do more updates. Now wouldn't be smarter to save that money and start from scratch and get what they can with one big update and pay ome fee instead of several?

Actually, the updates to Unity and some of the system optimizations that went into a17 were already in the build they were about to release.

Scrapping and starting over would be a huge waste of time and money.

Actually, the updates to Unity and some of the system optimizations that went into a17 were already in the build they were about to release.

Scrapping and starting over would be a huge waste of time and money.

Wasted time yes to a point. Waste of money not so much. The money that was put into it already was from TT and well that doesn't matter now. But wouldn't it be a waste of money to finish something that at this point is outdated? Like ok so you spend whatever amount is left to pay to finish if not all the money then turn right back around and spend more money to get it updated. I mean that of course would come down to if it can even be updated more than what they already started on. I mean just my opinion. I feel if the game can be updated more past what they was working on then what they was working on is a little out dated now. So for me I wouldn't want to spend any money on it if I have to turn around and pay more money to update it again. To me that is a waste of money but then again I'm not a business owner so I don't know.

I don't know. I agree no update for 2019 that much for sure. If by some miracle console gets one I mean great but like you don't see it happening for 2019. Everyone has a right to a opinion so not going to say you are wrong in feeling the way you do. I just have a opinion of my own regardless if I'm right or wrong about it. If I'm wrong for me life goes on and it is what it is. I'm not getting my hopes up either way. I have PC as well so I'm good either way. But by having the PC version and keeping up with it as well I have personally yet to see anything TFP have posted on this thread and it be lies. Have they posted something and changed something yes but they have came out and posted it. I just have yet to see where they have said this and not stuck to it regardless of if it stays the same or changes. Now the forums are big and I don't catch everything so maybe I missed something. Just my view of it is.... A- they said they would do what they can for every platform the game is on.

B- they have said they are in a legal mess and can't talk about it. (As said I have yet seen the lie so for me I don't feel they say this if it wasn't true).

C- MM said just recently after that video when someone ask that they would make a official statement at some point. Now who knows it might come out and say they just can't do anything for console. Or they might say something good.

I just sayin is all that until they come out and say something official I go by what they tell us for the simple fact I have yet to see them lie about something. Also just because of that doesn't mean I believe an update is 100% goin to happen. I understand it might not happen. They said they would do what they could for all platforms doesn't mean that it is guaranteed console gets any more updates. But I do believe they are doing everything they can before giving up. So once they have news one way or the other until it is said officially I believe what what little they have said. But this is just my opinion right or wrong.

Once again I'm at work so sorry for the big wall of text lol.

I never said they lied. Once again, I think they are just withholding information not lying about the information. I donآ’t know why you and others always jump to that conclusion when I say I donآ’t believe the legal mumbo-jumbo that I say they are lying. I think they know the future of console, and they just donآ’t want to be upfront and tell us. The legal mumbo-jumbo is someone on the legal team saying lets just not say anything rather then we didnآ’t buy the code back front the auction and it is too risky to add console to the mix, when the original goal was to make a game for PC. If you donآ’t say anything, it cannot come back to bite you in the butt. If there is a court filing just tell me what city/state and I bet I can find it online, or call and email someone enough to get a reply.

Their first post said support all platforms. The next post said support PC but aid console. I like you do believe they want every platform to be a success. Unfortunately they donآ’t have console experience and I think the risk of aiding or supporting console isnآ’t worth the reward of said cost.

But you are correct until they say something. Assuming they say something we have to wait. My opinion is that they know console is dead, but they are waiting for the آ“right timeآ” to break the news that they donآ’t want to incur the cost of an update that was promised by TellTale Games, who is no longer in business.

Do you wanna bet an آ“I told you soآ”? You saw my post and my opinion of the future for console and the TTG update.

I never said they lied. Once again, I think they are just withholding information not lying about the information. I donآ’t know why you and others always jump to that conclusion when I say I donآ’t believe the legal mumbo-jumbo that I say they are lying.

Look at it from out point of view for a moment. TFP say they can not talk about it because of legal matters. Then someone says they don't believe the legal mumbo-jumbo. Where I come from and only speaking for me not others that is saying they are lying. Of course they know more then what they are telling us but again they can't talk about it until the legal mess is over.

Not sure they are obligated to give you details on what state and so on. Like said before this might be something that isn't in court yet. This could be something that isn't public knowledge. It might not have nothing to do with the rights to the game. We don't know what legal issues are going on and from my point of view it really isn't non my business. If they want to share it great if not that is great as well.

Look at it from out point of view for a moment. TFP say they can not talk about it because of legal matters. Then someone says they don't believe the legal mumbo-jumbo. Where I come from and only speaking for me not others that is saying they are lying. Of course they know more then what they are telling us but again they can't talk about it until the legal mess is over.

Not sure they are obligated to give you details on what state and so on. Like said before this might be something that isn't in court yet. This could be something that isn't public knowledge. It might not have nothing to do with the rights to the game. We don't know what legal issues are going on and from my point of view it really isn't non my business. If they want to share it great if not that is great as well.

I slightly disagree that they are not obligated to give us details on the update for console, even if it is that it isnآ’t going to happen. The last statement they made was they were trying to get the rights back and that they would support all platforms, and then changed that to aid console players. So I do believe at some point they owe us an answer to the question of the update happening for console. Or they could pull a TellTale Games and just leave us in the dark, but I kind of expected more from TFP then TTG.

I agree we donآ’t know what the legal issue is, but only because they are not telling us anything. I agree they havenآ’t lied to us, but you yourself said آ“of course they know more then they are telling usآ”. The legal issue IMHO that is out there right now is it would be better to not say anything else about the update because it isnآ’t going to happen. Anything said at this point could be used against them. For all we know TFP might want to tell us the update isnآ’t going to happen, but the legal team says donآ’t say anything.

I am sorry you think that I am calling them liars. I donآ’t think withholding information makes you a liar. I think the legal issue would come from any thing said now about an update for console. Which would allow you to say, because of legal issues we cannot talk about the update for console. Which would unfortunately mean they would never tell us that they are not doing the update. So that is why I think they owe us something at some point.

Would you not agree?

Archived