Possible Sale Idea

Sunshine_goody

I was thinking about it and not that many people actually know about 7 Days to Die. I have a solution though and it could greatly increase sales. You could request for 7 Days to Die to be one of the free PS+ monthly games or the Xbox equivalent. This could help spread and diversify the popularity of the game.

I was thinking about it and not that many people actually know about 7 Days to Die. I have a solution though and it could greatly increase sales. You could request for 7 Days to Die to be one of the free PS+ monthly games or the Xbox equivalent. This could help spread and diversify the popularity of the game.

it already was free a few years ago - not to far off from when i bought on sale for like $10. Spreading word about this game at this point is kinda of stupid imo. Its bugged to hell, doesnt really even run on xbox and there is close to 0 chance TFP will ever do anything for console players. I would rather see the game removed from all stores then have more console players sink any amount of money in to this. Whatever money people do continue to spend is likely going to support PC since TFP have the rights back now

As mentioned before me, there would be zero incentive to release the game for free. They just spent money reclaiming the console right's back, to release it for free would be counter productive.

Now, let's say for hypothetical sake, if they had an A16 update in their hands, and they released that as a DLC, then there could be a reason to attempt this tactic. Draw in new players with the current version for "free", then cash in with a full A16 (at minimum) DLC.

Current players would rejoice (let's face it, unless you don't play it anymore), majority would buy it, and the newer players who have come to love the game would possibly buy the update as well

But alas, they would need an A16 DLC to use as a carrot to draw people back in. Without it, offering it for free simply wouldn't be logical.

Topic already answered in TFP official statement :

We are exploring all options that would eventually deliver a new version of 7 Days to consoles but this would likely happen after the PC version has gone gold and could end up being an entirely new product or on the next console.

As mentioned before me, there would be zero incentive to release the game for free. They just spent money reclaiming the console right's back, to release it for free would be counter productive.

Now, let's say for hypothetical sake, if they had an A16 update in their hands, and they released that as a DLC, then there could be a reason to attempt this tactic. Draw in new players with the current version for "free", then cash in with a full A16 (at minimum) DLC.

Current players would rejoice (let's face it, unless you don't play it anymore), majority would buy it, and the newer players who have come to love the game would possibly buy the update as well

But alas, they would need an A16 DLC to use as a carrot to draw people back in. Without it, offering it for free simply wouldn't be logical.

A16 as dlc wouldnt be enough to bring people in. TFP would really need to at least hit a17 before i would consider sinking another dime into the game. Give people traps, electricity, new zeds, paint and new animals and you can attempt to sell them something. If instead TFP was like here is the update you were supposed to get last year and by the way pay for it people would hopefully flame them to no end

Archived