Why no one is doing anything for 7 days to die

Doggman1414

What is on with 7 days to die. What is it to have a update on a game that all we ask for. Why get into the game business if u don't to go through with a game that so great to play. Why someone just push the dam button and give the PS4 and Xbox there update.

do you know anything about legal battles? anything about programming? how about porting? do you know anything at all about ANY of the topics I listed?

all of those reasons...

to quote Roland

Iron Galaxy isn't going to port for free.

Telltale isn't paying them to port any longer.

TFP can't pay them to port yet.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?105909-Telltale-stuff-just-happened-but-no-console-updates-for-over-a-year

What is on with 7 days to die. What is it to have a update on a game that all we ask for. Why get into the game business if u don't to go through with a game that so great to play. Why someone just push the dam button and give the PS4 and Xbox there update.

Because... PC first and always!!! Seriously though, I can imagine its a PITA to port every iteration of the various stages of the game, and there have been soooo many over the years. They need to focus on the PC first, get it where they like it and port updates to the final phase. Then from there they can just do the major updates to all platforms when finished. Thats just my guess, but I've been watching them progress since ver A4 and they've done amazing work. Still the best game of its genre out there. Havent seen anything come close. If you only have an Xbox or PS4, you have my condolences. I'd be pulling my hair out too in anticipation.

The reality of the matter is these consoles aren't strong enough to really run this game. I wish it were different and they made a good attempt at it but the console is fighting like hell to even run that version, there's no way it will run A18. Next gen MAYBE, but I wouldn't count on it. Save up for a PC this go around, you have more freedom and just...more. You can get a mid range gaming PC or around 1000 bucks more or less.

That would be my honest advice for all console players who want to really play this game.

PC is great to play if that is your preference but is game is never spend a grand just so can play it no game is that great and I hate keyboard and mouse so can’t play it on PC anyway I prefer console and hope I does get further advance on a new version or whatever but not holding breath. But have feeling they set date for it so far out that interest is lost and don’t have to pay for console port but who knows will see

PC is great to play if that is your preference but is game is never spend a grand just so can play it no game is that great and I hate keyboard and mouse so can’t play it on PC anyway I prefer console and hope I does get further advance on a new version or whatever but not holding breath. But have feeling they set date for it so far out that interest is lost and don’t have to pay for console port but who knows will see

You can get a halfway ok PC to play it on for about $300, and a mostly decent PC for $500. Your estimation of $1000 for a PC shows that you don't shop around or know hardware very well.

Also, contollers are supported on the PC. You can just take the controller from your PS4 or X-Box, plug it into your PC, and game away.

Really, the biggest issue is how ill-informed all the complainers are.

Also, contollers are supported on the PC. You can just take the controller from your PS4 or X-Box, plug it into your PC, and game away.

yep and well supported too. i only got 7dtd on pc because console was lagging behind. it was the right choice for me. now i play the pc version on the couch with a controller on the big screen tv. bliss.

No have seriously shopped around for pc played one back in the day but never cared for it perfer consoles and just seen on here time and time again this game only supports mouse and keyboard for the pc could be wrong let know if I am but that definitely a deal breaker for me know saying anything those that like or perfer that just not for me

- - - Updated - - -

Have not seriously shopped around i mean

The reality of the matter is these consoles aren't strong enough to really run this game. I wish it were different and they made a good attempt at it but the console is fighting like hell to even run that version, there's no way it will run A18. Next gen MAYBE, but I wouldn't count on it. Save up for a PC this go around, you have more freedom and just...more. You can get a mid range gaming PC or around 1000 bucks more or less.

That would be my honest advice for all console players who want to really play this game.

You see.. that’s the thing. I’ve always read on here that console isn’t strong enough to to support it. I’m gonna sound stubborn or something for this but.. why? There’s so many others games out there with a larger content, graphics (which takes a lot of running), etc. For example, the call of duty games. They have so much content, more than 7. So, why is 7 such an ass to run on console? 7 doesn’t have that great of graphics (I’m mentioning graphics a lot because it is one thing that makes games harder to run) but yet it’s an ass to run. There’s another game, The Forest, on my console, it takes up a storage of 4.41 GB, and 7D2D takes up 3.04 GB. I’m probably looking at the wrong thing but again, why the hell can’t console run 7?

You see.. that’s the thing. I’ve always read on here that console isn’t strong enough to to support it. I’m gonna sound stubborn or something for this but.. why? There’s so many others games out there with a larger content, graphics (which takes a lot of running), etc. For example, the call of duty games. They have so much content, more than 7. So, why is 7 such an ass to run on console? 7 doesn’t have that great of graphics (I’m mentioning graphics a lot because it is one thing that makes games harder to run) but yet it’s an ass to run. There’s another game, The Forest, on my console, it takes up a storage of 4.41 GB, and 7D2D takes up 3.04 GB. I’m probably looking at the wrong thing but again, why the hell can’t console run 7?

I cover this in great detail in the Sticky thread.

All of your other games don't require a lot of "work" from the console to calculate everything being rendered. Only the GPU is heavily used. 7 Days to Die is a fully 3D Voxel game. Each 1m block is rendered individually with structural integrity mechanics. One block in 7 Days uses about the same amount of processing power as the entire landscape for one of your other games. Now with that in mind, realize that the game is rendering close to a million blocks around you at once. Now add AI calculations to that, and other game mechanics.

I cover this in great detail in the Sticky thread.

All of your other games don't require a lot of "work" from the console to calculate everything being rendered. Only the GPU is heavily used. 7 Days to Die is a fully 3D Voxel game. Each 1m block is rendered individually with structural integrity mechanics. One block in 7 Days uses about the same amount of processing power as the entire landscape for one of your other games. Now with that in mind, realize that the game is rendering close to a million blocks around you at once. Now add AI calculations to that, and other game mechanics.

Hmm.. understood. My bad and apologies for the inconvenience. But to also say.. 7D2D is similar to Minecraft, no? The block is kind of similar. I’m just thinking, if the 3D Voxel format is difficult, or maybe the rendering that goes on with it, is there any way to help the process? Or is that time consuming or money costing?

Hmm.. understood. My bad and apologies for the inconvenience. But to also say.. 7D2D is similar to Minecraft, no? The block is kind of similar. I’m just thinking, if the 3D Voxel format is difficult, or maybe the rendering that goes on with it, is there any way to help the process? Or is that time consuming or money costing?

A lot of differences in minecraft and 7dtd. Build on a different engine for starters, texture differences, AI difference, mechanics in general difference such as minecraft allows blocks to not fall and 7dtd has to have that extra coding and resources to account for structures to collapse if not supported and such. Plus a lot more, so you add all that plus all the other stuff the current consoles can only handle so much. So it isn't really about the time or cost which is still probably a part of it but even with all the money in the world and all the time you can still only do so much with the specs you have in front of you. So with what all he said in the thread he made plus the little unprofessional things I said hope that helps understand that part of it for ya. But hopefully fingers crossed next gen will have enough specs to run the full version after it goes gold and is polished more. One more year for next gen and (just speculation here) hopefully within 2 more years this game will be out of alpha. So still a ways away but it is really is what it is type of thing.

41sjTGjDLeL.jpg

I snuck into TFP offices and pushed it a couple times last week but it doesn't seem to be hooked up to Tell Tale Games or Iron Galaxy anymore...

(There might be a bit more to it than pushing a button after all)

I snuck into TFP offices and pushed it a couple times last week but it doesn't seem to be hooked up to Tell Tale Games or Iron Galaxy anymore...

Ahaha good one. But you're missing a vital step: you need to push the blue button while riding a zipline. Since you're the only one in possession of one, you're the only one who can do it.

You're the console players' only hope, Obiwan Rolandoli.

41sjTGjDLeL.jpg

Now that TFP have the rights back, it could be that simple. Not sure why you bring up TTG when they nothing to do with 7D2D anymore. What is the quote from Iron Galaxy to do another update? If someone in a C level position said make the update happen pretty sure it would happen.

The fact is I fell for the we are working on getting the rights back to support all platforms. When the TFP changed it to support PC and aid console I felt like the writing was on the wall. Now TFP have the rights back and all of a sudden they realized they donآ’t know anything about porting to console. Well we all know IG can do it, and then it became about money. I am not sure why they didnآ’t think this out before they attempted to get the rights back.

So I understand sometimes when we are emotional such as angry we might spout off something that can be misunderstood. I would also assume most console players are younger and might act before thinking. I have seen you change a post Roland after you appeared to get angry with some other user.

So if the console forums are just a place to hear complainers, and insult or make fun of peoples opinion then close the console forums. Until PC goes gold, which no one, not even TFP have an idea of when that will be nothing is going to happen. Otherwise it is the same argument as it has always been.

Sylen, you might be right about a $300 PC playing the game, but I would say on average it will be closer to $500 unless you want console type graphics. While not $500 is not $1000, I donآ’t believe someone is ill-informed when they at least know they are going to be spending 10X the cost of the game just to play it. But I understand you are just a PC guy. I like my PC but at times the console has it advantages for me and my friends.

Pretty insulting and unprofessional comment from a moderator. Most off the shelf PCs that can run A18 even remotely decently are not going to cost $500. Perhaps if someone builds it themselves maybe they could pull it off. Not everyone is down for that. Console players also like their cold adult beverages. Doesn't mean they should have to build a refrigerator just so that they can enjoy a beer.

Most console gamers like just having a machine they can turn on for 5-10 years and never have to mess with anything.

Just look at the jump in spec requirements between A17 and A18. A cheap machine at $500 (still more expensive than current Gen8 consoles btw) could very easily require additional upgrades post-patch.

Informed or not I personally prefer console gaming over PC because it is less fuss. My time is limited. My time is money. I don't get pleasure out of building PCs anymore. For the record I'm well informed, well educated, financially capable, and technologically savvy.

I know this isn't a new argument to anyone here, but someone in a position of authority and addressing customers should know better. Bad form friend.

Pretty insulting and unprofessional comment from a moderator. Most off the shelf PCs that can run A18 even remotely decently are not going to cost $500. Perhaps if someone builds it themselves maybe they could pull it off. Not everyone is down for that. Console players also like their cold adult beverages. Doesn't mean they should have to build a refrigerator just so that they can enjoy a beer.

Most console gamers like just having a machine they can turn on for 5-10 years and never have to mess with anything.

Just look at the jump in spec requirements between A17 and A18. A cheap machine at $500 (still more expensive than current Gen8 consoles btw) could very easily require additional upgrades post-patch.

Informed or not I personally prefer console gaming over PC because it is less fuss. My time is limited. My time is money. I don't get pleasure out of building PCs anymore. For the record I'm well informed, well educated, financially capable, and technologically savvy.

I know this isn't a new argument to anyone here, but someone in a position of authority and addressing customers should know better. Bad form friend.

You have to understand the mods on here play on PC and give no cares for the plight of console users. I mean really why would they care when it was our money that helped their version get to where it is? It's pure idiocy to suggest buying a $300 computer to run this game and goes to show they have 0 clue. The original OP was right in suggesting a half way decent gaming rig would cost about $1000 and this game isnt worth that cost. Sly is merely playing puppet to TFP and telling people to buy a pc since he knows the console version is doomed while under the control of TFP

Now that TFP have the rights back, it could be that simple.

No it could not. That you think it could be is a problem. That was the whole point of my post that developing games is never as easy as people who primarily play them think it is.

The fact is I fell for the we are working on getting the rights back to support all platforms. When the TFP changed it to support PC and aid console I felt like the writing was on the wall. Now TFP have the rights back and all of a sudden they realized they donآ’t know anything about porting to console. Well we all know IG can do it, and then it became about money. I am not sure why they didnآ’t think this out before they attempted to get the rights back.

There was nothing to fall for. There was always a hope that they might be able to continue with console. It has always been about money. TFP has always known that they don't know anything about porting to console. None of these things were sudden revelations to TFP and they never promised otherwise. I'm sorry you had impossible expectations. Those do lead to disappointment.

So I understand sometimes when we are emotional such as angry we might spout off something that can be misunderstood. I would also assume most console players are younger and might act before thinking. I have seen you change a post Roland after you appeared to get angry with some other user.

So if the console forums are just a place to hear complainers, and insult or make fun of peoples opinion then close the console forums. Until PC goes gold, which no one, not even TFP have an idea of when that will be nothing is going to happen. Otherwise it is the same argument as it has always been.

I'm working to convince the developers to reduce the console forum down to one simple General Discussions forum and One simple meet up forum. As for why I responded as I did, part of what I do is to debunk false speculation and incorrect information for the benefit of all those younger and impressionable console users. I didn't like the fact that the idea that all it takes is a push of a button and *poof* there can be more console updates was being preached. There is so much more to it. Obviously you needed me to correct this misconception yourself as even in your response you still seem to think all that is needed is one C level guy to say, "Make it so".

Nope.

You have to understand the mods on here play on PC and give no cares for the plight of console users. I mean really why would they care when it was our money that helped their version get to where it is? It's pure idiocy to suggest buying a $300 computer to run this game and goes to show they have 0 clue. The original OP was right in suggesting a half way decent gaming rig would cost about $1000 and this game isnt worth that cost. Sly is merely playing puppet to TFP and telling people to buy a pc since he knows the console version is doomed while under the control of TFP

It's true that TFP are PC developers and this site is primarily for following their development. If you are wanting more than what the console version is currently offering, the only way to do that is to switch to the PC version.

No it could not. That you think it could be is a problem. That was the whole point of my post that developing games is never as easy as people who primarily play them think it is.

There was nothing to fall for. There was always a hope that they might be able to continue with console. It has always been about money. TFP has always known that they don't know anything about porting to console. None of these things were sudden revelations to TFP and they never promised otherwise. I'm sorry you had impossible expectations. Those do lead to disappointment.

I'm working to convince the developers to reduce the console forum down to one simple General Discussions forum and One simple meet up forum. As for why I responded as I did, part of what I do is to debunk false speculation and incorrect information for the benefit of all those younger and impressionable console users. I didn't like the fact that the idea that all it takes is a push of a button and *poof* there can be more console updates was being preached. There is so much more to it. Obviously you needed me to correct this misconception yourself as even in your response you still seem to think all that is needed is one C level guy to say, "Make it so".

Nope.

Who is running TFP? IF that person said lets get the update out it would happen. Or are you telling me that the person running TFPآ’s couldnآ’t make it happen?

I get the update wouldnآ’t be out tomorrow, but it could happen if TFP wanted it to happen. I think your expectation of the OP being instant buy pressing a button is an over reaction.

Correct me if I am wrong, but did you yourself say at one point that the last update being worked on was almost finished? I can comb though the old posts if needed, but I figured I would ask you directly. So if TTG was so close to pushing out the next update why could TFP not just get with IG to re-do or finish the update? Did you ask for a quote to finish or restart the update? Is that dollar amount not something that could be put to kickstart and then let the console community speak with their money??

You said آ“there was always hope they might continue the with consoleآ”. I believed that statement when TFP made the initial post telling us about TTG and how they wanted to get the rights back and support all platforms. That statement changed in the next post to aid console. At that point why not come clean you donآ’t want to spend money on a system you have zero experience with, or the fact TFP didnt want to waste cash resources on the console for economic and experience reasons. IMHO TFP knew almost a year ago that console was dead(current version own by TFP and for sale in the console stores currently). So now, I am still stuck in eternal limbo, because TFP said they might do something. Either there is a plan in place or there isnآ’t. So now I wait for PC to go gold, to hear the next step. Which I think we all know is the current console is done. I donآ’t have impossible expectations, my expectations are what I read posted by TFP, when they decide to post in the console section.

I like you generally only post to debunk false statements. You talking to the developers is excellent. Not sure why not just close this section at least until PC goes gold. Because it was stated that nothing is going to happen until then. So my current expectations are when PC goes gold. TFP if they need/want more money for the company they will re-release 7D2D 2. Or whatever TFP want to call it. I also expect them to say at that time something to the effect of sadness or unfortunately the reason the current console code will not be updated. Are those impossible expectations?

Please point out my false statements. I can accept us disagreeing on pushing the damn button and if it is or isnآ’t easy. if you can accept my point of view not being false on when the boss says it is going to happen, you make it happen.

Look man, video game programming isn't as simple as "update(PS4, XboxOne)". There's been posts explaining this, and you can google how rough it is to update games on consoles. MS and Sony make it a big pain in the ass to do it and have 9 million rules to this and that, including breaking previous game saves. More or less, Telltale made it even worse when they published it as a "Complete game" and not early access/alpha/in progress -- putting it in an even more strict ruleset. And the update was in IG's code, not TFP. TFP have programmed nothing for the consoles. They're also a small team, why they chose a 3rd party to do it. 1 team can't build 3 bridges across the world simultaneously.

You're getting angry over the wrong thing.

You can get a halfway ok PC to play it on for about $300, and a mostly decent PC for $500. Your estimation of $1000 for a PC shows that you don't shop around or know hardware very well.

Gonna have to strongly disagree here, $300-$500 is nowhere near enough unless you go used and even then I highly doubt it. If you want to run this game at 1080p you will be getting close to the $1000 mark. The gpu alone costs you around $300. Then you need..

Motherboard

A cpu.

cpu cooler if you go Intel

16gb ram

500 watt psu

A case

SSD

If you go cheap and shop around maybe $800 but then you will be turning down some gfx and you aren't buying a pc to play it how it looks on console. $1000 dollars is a good budget to aim for, you want a mid-range pc to really enjoy the game.

PC

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R8WJMW6

GPU

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PHWBHHX

$710

If you find them on sale, you can get as low as $500. (I know, because I did this a year ago for a gift.)

It will get a stable 60FPS with almost everything on max at 1080p.

If I were to really shop around some, I guarantee I can find a better deal. That's just from two minutes on Amazon.

Archived