Could we at least get a free game key to the PC version for our troubles?

Y34RX3R0

I know it's not entirely The Fun Pimps fault for the sad state of the console game and the game breaking bugs still in the game. I love this game and I love the devs who made this game, however I paid full price for a game that is now dead in the water because of legal issues consumers never could have forseen.

I think it would be a great gesture on The Fun Pimps part to at least offer console players a PC key to the game so we can experience it the way it is intended and it would cement me as a consumer to purchase all future games from them.

What do you guys think? Am I out of line?

I have suggested this before. It didn't get very far.

Well I appreciate the honesty and you willing to try and get that for us. It's just a shame all around really. It's hard enough to build a new IP with a small dev team, let alone having to screw with legal battles on the side and unfortunately the customer is caught in the friendly fire.

How would someone prove that they have the console game and how do we then "check off" that the proof of purchase has been used once. As far as I know we don't have any records of sale with registration numbers for the console versions. TFP was not involved with the sale of console games at any level. Without some sort of way to document that a particular game has been used to get a PC code, people could share their proof of purchase with friends and family to get multiple keys per game instead of 1:1

Even when Telltale was in business I received multiple requests from people who wanted to exchange their console key for a PC key. This was not possible because the console keys were administered by Telltale and the PC keys are administered by TFP-- 2 autonomous and separate companies.

How would someone prove that they have the console game and how do we then "check off" that the proof of purchase has been used once.

Show a bill of the purchase. If you don't have a bill anymore, bad luck.

Or send the original disc and so exchange it for a steam key. But the console version is then gone. ;)

What i understood from the steam keys so far Steam charges TFP a fee for the key generation. So even TFP itself could not hand out Steam-keys without additional costs.

Is that correct?

Show a bill of the purchase. If you don't have a bill anymore, bad luck.

Or send the original disc and so exchange it for a steam key. But the console version is then gone. ;)

What i understood from the steam keys so far Steam charges TFP a fee for the key generation. So even TFP itself could not hand out Steam-keys without additional costs.

Is that correct?

Yes, this is correct. And the reasons Roland mentioned are exactly why it's a problem. Even with a bill of purchase, the system isn't going to be automated.

• 5 weeks later...

I'd be happy with the MD5 bug fixed on XBOX1. I just started playing this again last night after not playing for a very long time. I started a new generated map and password for friends. Wow its a blast playing.

I was just worried to build to much stuff. So I only dug a trench all the way around a broken brick wall area in the wastelands. I plan to build a tower or house later on. But worried to build to much and lose it all in a blink of a eye. Even has a river not to far away for a water source. Also seen a chicken running around. So luck is in the air.

Even found a pistol in the toilet first minutes into the game. Just worried I goofed and didn't save the game last night. Cant remember if the game auto saves or I had to dig in the menu for a save option. If not oh well i'll start over again if needed. Getting burned out with BF5. I need another goof around inbetween game.

Only played 2 days cause it was getting late and was ready for supper.

Archived