Console section stay open or close

Freestyle604

Since Roland closed the other thead, I have to question Sylen post here.

Sylen, you said

آ“And you have the audacity to sit here and blame TFP for something they had little control over. You guys sure have a hard time facing reality. What would you do if TFP just said "♥♥♥♥ it" and shut this entire section of the forum down? Then culled any further discussion on the Console port, and told you to just deal with the fact that TellTale ♥♥♥♥ed you over.آ”

Just so we are clear TFP have these two choices

1) Leave the current console section open. Which they have said nothing will happen until PC goes gold, which we all know there is no date set for that. TFP have zero console experience, zero porting experience, and the months of time and millions of dollars you say it would cost to finish the update or do anything for current or future console versions.

2) Close this entire console section of the forums down.

ok, sounds pretty simple close it down.

Since TFP now own the rights, they could do something, so dont say we have the audacity to blame TFP when they clearly picked up where TTG left off and gave us the impression they were going to support all platforms. Oh, sorry Support PC but aid console players. So what aid have console players seen since TFP got the rights back? Nothing. What is going to happen? Well until PC goes gold nothing.

So do it close the console section with a last thread that reads. Dear Console Players. The current version of 7D2D for console is dead. IF and that is a big IF PC does go gold, and we feel like we want to wade back into the console platforms we will make a new section and discuss it at that time. Slyen, you say we cant face reality, when it seems pretty clear that TFP are the ones that cant face reality.

Otherwise every day someone posts here (console section) for the 1st time and has no idea they game they are playing is over. Just a section of the forum were most playing questions go unanswered, and there isnآ’t even a start date for anything to happen in the future. Sorry after PC goes gold, which TFP donآ’t even know IF that is going to happen. Yes, I said IF because without any date at all, it technically will never go gold. There was a time when I felt this was all TTG fault. But you Sylen have said main times, TTG approached TFP about the idea. TFP said yes, and well here we are. I dont blame TFP for what TTG promised the console fans. I am starting to blame TFP for kicking the can down the road when we know and you have posted many times why the update isnآ’t going to happen (cost of money, time factors, and lots of other things). Yet, TFP still need to be the ones to say its over. I just hope long before PC ever goes gold.

So why keep the console section open? For dialogue on nothing? Remember nothing is going to change until PC goes gold. Until I see anything that resembles a date for that there is no dialogue to be had. Since it will be ready when it is ready, there is no need for a console section at this time is there?

Hey Freestyle,

The following console sections have been merged into this General Discussions thread:

Bug Reports

General Support

This should tell you all you need to know. TFP is happy to provide a place for those who are still playing the game to be able to meet up and talk about things they wish to discuss. Players can help each other out with tips and troubleshooting advice. However, there is no longer any official support or bug fixing going on because there are no planned updates for the current version.

We don't want to send a false message that support and fixes for any issues with the current version of the game are forthcoming and so those sections were closed.

That being said, there does still appear to be a small but dedicated base of fans who haven't had a bad experience with the game and who are still enjoying it for what it is and who continue to be happy to meet up with others and start a new map and play.

For those people this section of the forums is planned to remain open indefinitely.

Leave open.

I have to question the logic though of blaming telltale at this point.

If you buy a coke and it tastes flat do you blame coke or the independent bottlers who made it and got it to the shelf of the store you got it at. No one is going to blame Reyes for there bad tasting coke that they purchased in California they blame coke stock ticker KO even though they did not produce it or distribute it, Reyes holding did, so who suffers? Is this individual going to say bad Reyes I'm boycotting all your products including bud light because u made a flat coke. The average consumer is oblivious but do hold grudges.

If you never plan to make a 7 days to die 2 on consoles again then it does not matter, but if they do they had better at some point improve there product with an update.

Roland,

That is new. I love that “this should tell you all you need to know”. Would have been nice to see that in the news and announcements.

That being said, there still appears to be a ever growing group of people who show up here every day with no knowledge of the situation. Glad to know it is over.

Roland,

That is new. I love that “this should tell you all you need to know”. Would have been nice to see that in the news and announcements.

That being said, there still appears to be a ever growing group of people who show up here every day with no knowledge of the situation. Glad to know it is over.

I thought it was pretty clearly stated in the news blog that hardly anyone bothers to actually read.

Roland,

Seems reasonable, so I cross-posted this message to the News & Announcements section. However, every moderator here can tell you fighting ignorance is an ongoing effort, no matter how visible information is made. :indecisiveness:

Archived