Some Common Questions

Clare

So I recently got an update for the Reddit Q+A I was helping out with. A fair number of the questions were console based so I asked the guys at TTG to have a look at them.

Now a lot of this has already been said before either as a response from the teams posted by me, by other mods, or myself. But I figured it would be worthwhile to post it here as well so it's all together.

-----------------

The console and PC games branched during development, in order for us to focus on maximizing console features such as the split screen experience and bringing a fully feature console experience to market. We are striving to continue to improve the game with future patches as well and greatly value input from the community!

With regards to the increase in the size of the multiplayer games/dedicated servers and adding further features to the console version of the game (eg: marketplace/splitscreen online) -

We are considering many future options and features or the game. At present, we can't say for certain but we know these could be very cool features. We'll keep the community posted on all future release plans - one is planned within the next few weeks! (I hope to have an update on patch 3 from the teams by the end of the week - Clare)

Will Alpha 15 be added to consoles?

While we are not able to announce an official date at this time for future patches and releases, please know we are striving to improve the game in core areas and will have more to say in the coming weeks.

Will everything update at the same time?

As console and PC are two different beasts from an approval and submissions standpoint the answer is “probably not”. The console version of the game will update in blocks instead of the more fluid update system PCs can employ on a regular basis. This is partially due to approvals needed from both Microsoft and Sony when updates are submitted.

Because of the branching nature of the games - the games are very similar at the core - but will continue to vary in features in some ways as time goes on.

Updating the console fans

We are working on getting a regular message out to the Console players so we can keep you up to date with what's happening, as well as answering some common questions.

(I am working on getting a regular version of the "Message from the Team" posted in the News and Announcemnts section. But please note, due to times when the teams are really busy working on the game, the gap between some messages may be longer than others. -Clare)

----------------

As always, please don't post bug reports in these threads, please head to the Bug Reports section.

If you do have suggestions of topics you'd like me to put to the teams for the "Message from the Team" sections, please post em below.

Clare

Thank you. Excited to hear about next patch and new features. I read about possible wolves you can tame, motorcycles, and even a mini helicopter! But right now I'm just anxious to play without horde night lag. That's all I want right now. Hope that's coming soon.

Well there was this one bug where.... hahahaha jk jk. I had to. You guys are doin great. This sort of stuff to read and know things are bein worked on is awesome. It whets my whistle for the game. I'm out of town until the beginning of next week and can't play right now ;-( ;-(. Hopefully there is an update on patch 3 by that time. I would love to have stuff to read in the form of "message from the team" stuff, even if its jus we are working on it or it might be 2-3 weeks away. Whatever. I jus love to read it all. The forums is my daily read haha. Keep up the good work and still love the game

Excellent news. This section had a tumbleweed feel to it.

I try to sweep em out the door but in busy times they tend to tumble on back in when I'm not looking!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks as always Clare! Happy almost Friday!

Thanks! So close >_<!

Thanks for the update! I know a lot of our fellow console players have been dealing with the recent frustrations poorly (and loudly), just remember that many of us love what you guys are doing and can't wait for more of it!

Would definitely like to have the regular update from the crew, even if it's just in the form of "We're aware of problems x,y, and z and are working to get them smoothed out!" or "Here's what we're hoping to add to the console version next!"

I know a lot of that info is available, but sometimes forums can be a little difficult to navigate (especially when people get loud....) and the sticky post notices are nice!

Hello' date=' I would I ask you a few questions? You will sometimes added in the future, the next model car wreck or any aircraft or [b']rail[/b]? And will future also a vehicle for multiple people? I thank you in advance for your answer.

Hi Jiri,

Please see the section above about new features ....

With regards to the increase in the size of the multiplayer games/dedicated servers and adding further features to the console version of the game (eg: marketplace/splitscreen online) -

We are considering many future options and features or the game. At present, we can't say for certain but we know these could be very cool features. We'll keep the community posted on all future release plans - one is planned within the next few weeks! (I hope to have an update on patch 3 from the teams by the end of the week - Clare)[/Quote]

...I know the Fun Pimps are considering the possibility of more vehicles, and if they work out, we will hopefully see them coming to console too.

So I recently got an update for the Reddit Q+A I was helping out with. A fair number of the questions were console based so I asked the guys at TTG to have a look at them.

Now a lot of this has already been said before either as a response from the teams posted by me, by other mods, or myself. But I figured it would be worthwhile to post it here as well so it's all together.

-----------------

The console and PC games branched during development, in order for us to focus on maximizing console features such as the split screen experience and bringing a fully feature console experience to market. We are striving to continue to improve the game with future patches as well and greatly value input from the community!

We are considering many future options and features or the game. At present, we can't say for certain but we know these could be very cool features. We'll keep the community posted on all future release plans - one is planned within the next few weeks! (I hope to have an update on patch 3 from the teams by the end of the week - Clare)

Clare

Any news yet on patch 3 since we are at the end of the week? I really want to play together with friends again this week if possible.

Thanks

When will console get alpha 15 I'm not asking for a release date but an estimated time period after pc like will it come out this year?

Idt console is exactly getting alphas like PC does. Console is considered a full release game so the features they chose for it will be selective, what telltale and Sony/Microsoft will allow. Although I am bout to die waiting to see what is up there sleeve for console. Someone in the staff please correct me if I'm wrong.

Idt console is exactly getting alphas like PC does. Console is considered a full release game so the features they chose for it will be selective, what telltale and Sony/Microsoft will allow. Although I am bout to die waiting to see what is up there sleeve for console. Someone in the staff please correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand but when madmole teases alpha 15 like he does I just hope we get the same treatment as pc if not like 90% of what pc gets would be fine even if its a dlc it needs to be a major dlc tbh

I understand but when madmole teases alpha 15 like he does I just hope we get the same treatment as pc if not like 90% of what pc gets would be fine even if its a dlc it needs to be a major dlc tbh

Oh definitely. I am dying hoping that we get some major features too. It will jus kill me if console don't get major stuff eventually. I understand fixing whatever first but I am going to be so depressed if big features aren't added later on. I'd love to have the alpha 15 stuff on console. My laptop is so old and I need to eventually get a new one, I have seriously considered getting PC version also cause of how sweet stuff looks that they are goin get.

Update on status

Hi,

for me it is difficult to wait on something without having any information about it.

I am missing information about a time schedule. For example:

What issues the team is working on?

What is the planned date to eleminate this issue?

I stopped playing this game and i am very unsatysfied with it!

Hi,

for me it is difficult to wait on something without having any information about it.

I am missing information about a time schedule. For example:

What issues the team is working on?

What is the planned date to eleminate this issue?

I stopped playing this game and i am very unsatysfied with it!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?49063-08-30-Message-from-the-Team-Patch-3-Update!

try this, or cry a river. whatever floats your boat.

Archived