[Known Issue] Multiplayer Disconnection

Clare

[sTATUS: LOGGED - IN PROGRESS]

NOTE: THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL POST ONLY!

- IF YOU WISH TO SHARE YOU INFORMATION ABOUT THE ERROR YOU EXPERIENCED, PLEASE DO SO BELOW

- IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION FOR ME, OR WISH TO REPORT A BUG I WILL LIKELY MISS IT AS I DO NOT CHECK THIS THREAD OFTEN OR CHASE THINGS HERE

- IF YOU WOULD LIKE A DIRECT RESPONSE OR DIRECT CONTACT, PLEASE CREATE A NEW THREAD IN THE MAIN BUG REPORTS SECTION. ANY DEVELOPMENTS WILL BE UPDATED HERE AND IN "NEWS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS"

While this can often occur due to limited bandwidth or a spotty connection for some players, after patch 2 this became a more widespread issue where players are not able to join multiplayer games.

There are reports of a 50% chance of getting into the game if you immediately accept the popup invite although I have not confirmed this myself. It may work for some, and not for others.

Update 1: While a large number of multiplayer issues fixed, the team are aware there are still persisting connection issues for a large number of players an are actively working on this issue.

Update 2: Some things you can check that may help - If you are hosting, make sure your NAT type is set to OPEN or 1. If you are a client Moderate-Open or types 2-1 are best. Strict may present some problems.

If you are hosting 2 players, minimum upload speed should be 1mb/s, if you are hosting for 4, minimum upload speed should be 2mb per section.

Some players have asked about Port Forwarding, below is the original response given.

We don't expect expect players to have to do any kind of port forwarding to get the game to work. However if you're on a restricted NAT type you could try opening port 26900 as well to see if it helps. But to be clear there is no guarantee that it will change anything. If it does ofc let me know, but I wanted to give you full warning as I dont want you to get your hopes up.

Update 3: We are currently investigating the potential link between ISP providers and the connection issues with some players. For example, the BT Infinity ISP with the Home Hub 5 router is a common thread in a lot of reports. Players have found upgrading to the HH6 has helped them connect again. We do not expect players will need to change ISPs or their hardware in order to play the game so we are trying to source the cause of this. One player mentioned the HH5 blocks certain packages the HH6 does not, this will also be further investigated.

I know how frustrating this is for players and I will update you as soon as I know more on the issue.

Update 4: Below is a message passed onto me from the team.

----------

Hey all!

We know that some of you have been experiencing issues with online multiplayer. Unfortunately, we still have been unable to recreate this issue internally, so finding a solution has not yet been possible. That said, we are still hard at work investigating and trying to get the information we need to fix this bug. We really appreciate your patience and support!

---------

Thank you all for all the help you have given so far in trying to find the source of this bug. If you have any info or details you want to share, please do so in the Console Bug Reports section to make sure I see it.

Clare

-----

UPDATE: asl fateddavis said this has helped them connect...

Go to all settings

Network

Network settings

Test your network connection

Then test your multiplayer connection

Now go to advance settings

Alternate mac address

Then press clear

Your Xbox will automatically shut down and restart

**PLEASE NOTE** I have not tested this myself but other players have mentioned it working.

--------

Further suggested workaround that works for zzBuLLeTzz - this is their post on the issue:

Possible Xbox ONE Multiplayer fix:

Not sure if this has been shared so I apologize if it has. There's a technique that works quite often for Xbox ONE gamers with multiplayer issues. (me, my dad, and my brother have used it many times successfully)

For some reason, Xbox doesn't like it when games resume when it comes to multiplayer. I have this same issue with GTA V online. Before starting the game, make sure the game is fully quit first. If you load the game and it doesn't go through the developer logos and take a while to load up the main menu, follow the steps from Xbox support to close the app and re-open. (all players should do this)

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...ne-app-or-game

So now anytime I know I want to play multiplayer, I always go to the home screen, hit menu, and verify that the game doesn't have the option to quit. If it does, I quit and then launch the game from scratch and multiplayer has worked every time. Hope this helps.

Not sure if PS4 also stores game states and has a similar process, but it's worth a shot if it does. Hope this helps.

Notes: if you're gonna play single player or split screen, then this is unnecessary. Single player / split screen doesn't seem to be affected by the resume feature.

--------

UPDATE:

User guyking who uses ISP BT has faound they are able to connect by using "BT wifi with FON". FON has hotspots all over the world, if you are BT or another ISP and try this, please let us know how you get on.

guyking - Ive found a solid work around that will work for anyone who is experiencing the problem and has BT as their ISP.

I have connected to the free 'BT wifi with FON' service, and since haven't had a single issue connecting. There might be similar work arounds for other people experiencing the problem with different ISP's. If you are going to use this method you'll need to consult google on how to get your xbox or device to connect to 'BT wi fi with FON', its very simple will only take 5 minutes.

-------

User jgibo1 added that this helped them:

I figured out something by myself. After the last update for the game on Xbox One something changed that gets effected by my Adaptive QOS on my Asus RT-AC88U. I tested different things in my router and turning of QOS where I had Gaming as top priority did the trick. I guess with a 1GB connection I don't need to really worry to much for prioritizing. Now the game is back to playing my Private MP map for around 1.5 hours before the whole game crashes.

Hopefully this little bit of information may help someone else.

---------

Player Schlombat found removing the game disk helped reconnect their game.

Details of issue and solution they found are here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?64684-XboxOne-Multiplayer-Connectivity-Issue

---------

Workaround posted by breadheadboy. Full forum post is here - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69410-Multiplayer-Connection-Issues-Xbox-1

Trimmed down to just the workaround:

Finally my "solution" i currently have the samsung S8+ running andriod 7 which had the mobile hotspot feature, which also allows me to share my current wifi connection. So my solution is to simply connect to my home network through my phone and use that as my router to connect my Xbox. Tracked my data usage on my mobile network and it used zero over a two hour period so I'm confident it was defiantly using my BT internet and not mobile data.

This would lead me to agree with the people saying something on the hub five settings is the issue.

------------------

While this can often occur due to limited bandwidth or a spotty connection for some players, after patch 2 this became a more widespread issue where players are not able to join multiplayer games.

There are reports of a 50% chance of getting into the game if you immediately accept the popup invite although I have not confirmed this myself. It may work for some, and not for others.

I recently persuaded 3 of my friends to buy this game so we could play a world together. We have each tried starting a world with both random gen and Nav but no matter who hosts we cannot play together. Sometimes 1 person can join a world and it last for maybe 10 minutes at most, but then there is a disconnect and sometimes it's impossible to join again. We have tried both MP and private but it makes no difference. I'm getting a lot of stick from my friends now as it turns out they have wasted their money as the single player is ok, but we want to play together, which means we end up playing something else and 7dtd is only played when friends are not online (which is rare)

How soon can we expect a fix for this, as I fear my friends will end up selling the game on to pay for something else if it's not soon :(

Why is the broken random gen maps(missing POI and roads leading nowhere not listed as a confirmed known issue? It has been reported broken since this game came out on ps4/xbox one

Sorry Graemed, I hadn't gotten around to filling in all the confirmed issues yet.

I recently persuaded 3 of my friends to buy this game so we could play a world together. We have each tried starting a world with both random gen and Nav but no matter who hosts we cannot play together. Sometimes 1 person can join a world and it last for maybe 10 minutes at most, but then there is a disconnect and sometimes it's impossible to join again. We have tried both MP and private but it makes no difference. I'm getting a lot of stick from my friends now as it turns out they have wasted their money as the single player is ok, but we want to play together, which means we end up playing something else and 7dtd is only played when friends are not online (which is rare)

How soon can we expect a fix for this, as I fear my friends will end up selling the game on to pay for something else if it's not soon :(

Exact same situation for me. Convinced 2 friends to buy it, then the next day no one can even play together, and i feel like a jerk who made them waste money.

We have been waiting, for over a MONTH to play with eachother, and still nothing...

Like wtf....

- - - Updated - - -

Why is the broken random gen maps(missing POI and roads leading nowhere not listed as a confirmed known issue? It has been reported broken since this game came out on ps4/xbox one

Damn dude...who gives a ♥♥♥♥?? That is so far down the list, dont even speak of it while this other stuff is going on.

Such a minor issue...wow.

His issues been a complaint since the beginning that's never been address. And while I'd agree the games got far more concerns then a dead end road, everyone got an equal right to voice their concerns. No need to prioritize your thought processes over another persons. Simple dignity and respect towards others is such a lost art these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Multiplayer issues

Hi all.......I am still having multiplayer issues, Or should I say lack of multiplayer!! Since the first update I haven't been able to join any multiplayer games of any description, Friends can join my private game but after about 5 mins it goes pear shaped and I cant see them and they cant do anything and then just get constant boots.......I used to like this game before there were any updates done as I never had any issues!! Hope I'm not the only one still pised off at spending money on an online game and only being able to play on my own :neglected:

• 2 weeks later...

This is a pretty big issue in my eyes! Navezgane is boring after a few playthroughs. Random gen maps are the only reason i want to play this game as it keeps it fresh. I try to play multiplayer on navezgane to liven things up but can never connect with friends or randoms without being disconnected every 5-15 minutes. My complaint is just as valid as yours.

• 4 weeks later...

Also have this issue.

Private game. Can join sometimes. Doesnt last more than 10 min before I can't loot anything and the game world doesn't load. I can actually walk off the edge of the world.

Lots of times its broken right after I log on. Sometimes I get booted immediately.

This is by far the most crucial issue my friends and I are having. I have also seen many threads on different websites describing this issue. I hope to see a resolution soon. Thank you

People seem to think the issues affecting them are the most important. If you can't play online for more than 10 mins you need better internet, if you are still crying about missing poi then you need to sit down stfu and wait for the fix that has been announced to be put out. If it's taking a while you should cross your fingers and pray to Allah that it's because they are trying to fix more than missing poi and cramming the patch with treats from A15 as well.

Private Game Connection Issues

While my friend was in town he downloaded the game and we were able to play split screen. I had a BLAST!! So when he returned home, I bought the game so we could play online. Problem is...if we're lucky...we get MAYBE 10 minutes of play before he gets booted from the game.

I confirmed my upload speed to be 5+ (my buddy's was 2 at best so we decided I'd host) and both of our NAT types are open. We are simply trying to do 2 people in a private online game however...if he's even able to join the game...in 10 minutes or less he's unable loot, the map ceases to load and then he gets booted from the game. I've read where people think there are glitches with a couple of characters...we aren't playing as them. i saw that someone cleared out their blue-ray cache and that worked for them...didn't work for us. Are there any other proposed work arounds?

It's highly frustrating when a game says that it supports online multiplayer...yet...it doesn't work. I see where people say this issue is actively being worked on...but is there any sort of timeline? The only reason I bought this was for the multiplayer...

I cabn't connect to friends on Xbox One

Sorry Graemed, I hadn't gotten around to filling in all the confirmed issues yet.

Hi

I bought this game on Xbox one a month ago and I am unable to play this game online, either with friends or a random game and nor can anyone join me. I feel like I have wasted £30 on this game and no matter what I've tried to do to sort my connection it does nothing to improve the status of this game's server issue that I am experiencing.

People seem to think the issues affecting them are the most important. If you can't play online for more than 10 mins you need better internet, if you are still crying about missing poi then you need to sit down stfu and wait for the fix that has been announced to be put out. If it's taking a while you should cross your fingers and pray to Allah that it's because they are trying to fix more than missing poi and cramming the patch with treats from A15 as well.

And if u don't know what the really problem is about the Internet then u have to stfu. Because most of my friends have much better internet than me. I can play but they can't. So Mr. Iknoweverything what's the reason? U don't know then stop blaming other people internet because u don't know better

Any update regarding this issue? I noticed patch 5 did not address the disconnect issue?

Just like RapidGlitch i have not been able to play any multiplayer since purchasing the game about a month ago..

It sucks because I feel the only chance of me getting into a game is if I change my ISP which is insane to even think about as every other game I own plays and connects with no issues?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Claire, I am having issues with one of my mates not being able to connect to ANY games, including public games. The game loads all the way up to the "Joining Game" screen, then states "you have been disconnected from the server". It seems to only happen to him, as me and my other friend can both connect to one another and also public games. I have tried going through a variety of possible fixes i found including hard resetting the xbox, not using certain characters etc but no luck. His nat type is

Open, ISP is BT and can connect on any other multiplayer game. He has a fast enough internet connection aswell, any further suggestions? Bit annoying for us as we all wanted to play together.

• 4 weeks later...

Still disconnect

Me and my boyfriend play this game all the time. We actually went and bought 2 xbox one s and then we have 2 tvs and we play but itkicks us out randomly. The game wont freeze or crash just... Poof..... I got rid of minecraft for this game but now i rather minecraft

4 months. Still no fix 😐

Not fixing anything

These guys are not fixing anything. I have given up. I posted 2 months ago about the multi-player issues and I know people have posted before that. Nothing has been fixed and all Claire wants to do is lock out forums and tell people they are posting in the wrong spot. Unbelievable! But the silver lining is that you can call Microsoft and request a refund for the game. It's really sad that this game had so much potential, but like so many others they just absolutely fail to reach it. I urge everyone to contact Microsoft and request a refund. If these guys don't want to fix the game they should not be able to live off of our money.

That is untrue, I ask people to post in the correct location so I can actually grab issues and information correctly and efficiently. I spend most of my time in console bug reports section, which is where I ask players to post their issues so we can keep all information together. You are welcome to discuss issues in other areas, but if you want any assistance that is the place you should be posting because that is where the console support is being run from.

Please see this post about the forum sections: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?53647-INFO-The-Sections-of-the-Forums

Connection woes- Detailed connection routes and player Setup

As with everyone else, myself and fellow survivors are not quite able to survive to together. Everyone is posting in here crying its not working but barely anyone is giving detailed specifications on their setup, ISP's, location etc. So to help the team here is my current Situation:

Player A: Xbone One S - on Preview Program - Virgin Media up to 200 MB - Wired - Fareham England - HOST

Player B: Xbox One - not on Preview Program- Sky - up to 8MB - Wireless - Portadown Northern Ireland - Can connect to Player A Private and public game and Player A can connect to private and public game when Player B hosts.

Player C: Xbox One S - on Preview Program - BT - up to 38MB - Wired - Portadown Northern Ireland - cannot connect to anyone, can host public games where Player A and B can connect - not tried with player C or E, when hosting private games nobody can connect.

Player D Xbox One - on Preview Program - Sky - up to 38MB- Wireless- Slough England - cannot connect to anyone, can host public games where Player A and B can connect - not tried with player C or D, when hosting private games nobody can connect. Tried signing on on Player E Profile to connect and still no joy

Player E: Xbox One - not on Preview Program- First Utilities - Up to 17MB - Wireless - Slough England - Can connect to Player A and B Private and public game and Player A and B can connect to private and public game when Player E hosts.

Now the only thing i can think is that it could be something to do with BT/ Sky Hardware outside of the house and in the cabinets as I am sure SKY still leases from BT? The two ADSL players wouldn't necessarily be affected as different hardware and Virgin own all their own groundworks and cabinets.

Just a couple of quick questions for the team (i appreciate some of these may have been answered but there are threads everywhere):

- The team said is that could not recreate it internally. Do you mean internally as in the office through the same connection or at your homes with different ISP's? Also have you tried this with players in different regions?

- have you tried creating focus groups of sensible mature players to maybe help with your investigations?

- Have you identified factors such as those i mentioned above and crowd sourced data to build up the picture of what a model player/ setup that suffers connection issues looks like?

Cheers

Mandrews

Any progress?

Hi Clare, is there any progress towards getting this issue fixed?

I only bought this game to play with friends, it's a fantastic game and I have really enjoyed what I have played so far,

Is the fix looking to be any where near? Or should I be heading for a refund?

Thanks

As with everyone else, myself and fellow survivors are not quite able to survive to together. Everyone is posting in here crying its not working but barely anyone is giving detailed specifications on their setup, ISP's, location etc. So to help the team here is my current Situation:

Player A: Xbone One S - on Preview Program - Virgin Media up to 200 MB - Wired - Fareham England - HOST

Player B: Xbox One - not on Preview Program- Sky - up to 8MB - Wireless - Portadown Northern Ireland - Can connect to Player A Private and public game and Player A can connect to private and public game when Player B hosts.

Player C: Xbox One S - on Preview Program - BT - up to 38MB - Wired - Portadown Northern Ireland - cannot connect to anyone, can host public games where Player A and B can connect - not tried with player C or E, when hosting private games nobody can connect.

Player D Xbox One - on Preview Program - Sky - up to 38MB- Wireless- Slough England - cannot connect to anyone, can host public games where Player A and B can connect - not tried with player C or D, when hosting private games nobody can connect. Tried signing on on Player E Profile to connect and still no joy

Player E: Xbox One - not on Preview Program- First Utilities - Up to 17MB - Wireless - Slough England - Can connect to Player A and B Private and public game and Player A and B can connect to private and public game when Player E hosts.

Now the only thing i can think is that it could be something to do with BT/ Sky Hardware outside of the house and in the cabinets as I am sure SKY still leases from BT? The two ADSL players wouldn't necessarily be affected as different hardware and Virgin own all their own groundworks and cabinets.

Just a couple of quick questions for the team (i appreciate some of these may have been answered but there are threads everywhere):

- The team said is that could not recreate it internally. Do you mean internally as in the office through the same connection or at your homes with different ISP's? Also have you tried this with players in different regions?

- have you tried creating focus groups of sensible mature players to maybe help with your investigations?

- Have you identified factors such as those i mentioned above and crowd sourced data to build up the picture of what a model player/ setup that suffers connection issues looks like?

Cheers

Mandrews

Sorry for double post but it wouldn't let me me edit the post for some reason.

I have am pretty certain it is do with BT wholesale stuff. Another player (player F) who has Vodafone home broadband which also leases groundwork services/cabinets/ infrastructure etc from BT had the same issues as the the above two indviduals. Player F created wi-fi hotspot on 4G network on a mobile phone and was able to connect fine. I will try and get the other two to do WiFi hotspots and see what happens but it appears to do with BT not about the router as such but the actual infastructure of BT I assume at the exchange. I suggest team contact BT ( I think it's their Openreach entity) . I believe the issue is not with all BT services but with their fibre infastructure specifically.

Disclaimer: not network engineer just using powers of deduction, extensive trial and error testing with individuals involved and my little understanding on how the UK internet monoply works.

Mandrews

Hi Clare, is there any progress towards getting this issue fixed?

I only bought this game to play with friends, it's a fantastic game and I have really enjoyed what I have played so far,

Is the fix looking to be any where near? Or should I be heading for a refund?

Thanks

The main post contains all the latest information that I have on the issue, as more information arrives, I will update the main post. While the team are working hard on the issue and continuing investigations it is up do you if you decide you wish to seek a refund. To do so you will need to contact the retailer who sold you the game.

Archived