X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XB1 [Graphics] Falling through the world

System: XBOne
    Game Source: Digital D/L
    Game Version: 1.05 (with patch 3.1 installed)
    World: Random Gen, seed name Toblerone
    Biome: Temperate Grasslands
    Difficulty: Scavenger
    Game mode: Co-op Split screen
    Host NICE L0KI, playing as Grace
    Guest Jacobsville, playing as Charlotte

The first time it happened I was standing on grass, laying iron bars and suddenly I ended up in a blue/grey void. I eventually came back to Toblerone non the worse. From then on I stayed off the grass and was able to record this clip for you.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/NICE%20L0KI/video/21846555

I'm not sure if this has any bearing on it, but I have noticed that the ground is rather unsure about what level it should be at.
    If I use frames to level the ground, my frames either drop into the ground then the ground resets itself to the new level, or the frame won't touch the ground and the ground rises up to reach the frame. When we first generated this world and put a chest down on an asphalt road, it sank into the road almost up to the top of the chest.
    So it's almost like there's vast areas that exist between 2 levels.
    If you wish I can record a clip to demonstrate what I mean?

'Bump'

Clare, not sure if you saw this one.
    Cheers

Comment

Hey Nice Loki,

You may have popped it in just after I left the office or I may not have gotten to it yet. Thanks for drawing my attention to it, but just be careful as bumping is against forum rules so a sentance or two without saying 'Bump' will probably help you avoid any warnings.

That is a crazy bug, is that just ground you have leveled off yourself? If you could grab me a clip of the other areas too, and maybe a shot of the coordinates of where it is happening in your world? This may be the reason backpacks are getting lost, maybe it's confused ground levels like this...

Clare

Comment

Hi Clare,

I will certainly grab that information for you.

In the meantime, this happened again, details as follows

System: XBOne
        Game Source: Digital D/L
        Game Version: 1.06 (with patch 4 installed)
        World: Navezgane
        Biome: in Diersvill
        Difficulty: Scavenger
        Game mode: Co-op Split screen
        Host NICE L0KI, playing as Grace
        Guest Jacobsville, playing as Charlotte

Rather than trying to describe it, I managed to capture 3 videos as it happened.

They're saved in my 7DTD playlist here

http://xboxdvr.com/playlists/6170

The player on the rhs is Jacobsville playing as Charlotte. What the videos don't show is that we tried crouching, standing up, jumping, walking, Jacobsville quitting and rejoining, both of us quitting the game and restarting and in case it's not clear, Jacobsville also tried placing wooden frames to climb onto and then adding a ladder. None of that worked.
        In the end, by blind luck more than anything, he managed to walk to the edge of the void and somehow got out.
        Last edited by Nice Loki; 10-06-2016, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much for the videos Nice Loki! I shall add them to my notes!

Clare

Comment

Any fix?

Was there ever a solution to this problem? Im currently experiencing the same issue. Only my grey zones are 50/50. Only since the last update

Comment

Hi WiscoGirl,

I am still looking into this.

Clare

Comment

Working...
              X