• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One Co-op Splitscreen partner loses knowledge & backpack

XBOne game version 1.0.13.0
    Gameworld Navezgane
    Host NICE L0KI playing Grace
    Guest Jacobsville playing Charlotte

We're experiencing multiple events where Jacobsville's character will lose all knowledge of skills from reading books and everything in his back pack is deleted, yet his level and other skills gained from adding skill points are retained.

Hi Nice Loki,

This is an unusual one as Jacobsville is maintaining his level. Could you please elaborate on the issue and the "events" using he guide?
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...BEFORE-posting

Comment

Hi Clare, sorry for lack of info on OP.

Game Type: Co-op Splitscreen
      Map Type: Navezgane
      Seed/Save Name: Bacontree
      Disk or Digital: Digital dl
      DLC: not sure what you're asking for here
      Character: Charlotte
      Difficulty: Scavenger
      Run: Never
      Aggression: normal
      Day length: 18 hrs
      Drop On Death: backpack only
      Enemy memory: 30secs
      Enemy Spawning: Very high (maximum)
      Block durability: 100
      Loot respawn time: 5 days
      Loot abundance: 200
      Airdrops: 168 hrs
      24 hour cycle: 2hrs
      In-game Day: various (multiple occurrences)

NICE L0KI hosts and plays Grace
      Jacobsville joins as player 2 and plays Charlotte

We have noticed the game being a bit more glitchy and unstable than previous versions (for example it still crashes while we're playing, also we had 2 MILF's stuck in walls which we haven't experienced before).

We haven't ascertained what triggers this problem, but it only started after this latest update.
      It has never happened during play, we only get it when Jacobsville logs in (either after a crash or at the start of a gaming session). So we kind of assume that it happens when we quit the game, the various ways of ending our gaming session are as follows;
      we have had the game crash on us and we've just switched off
      we have had the game crash on us and we've logged back in to continue playing
      we have had NICE L0KI (host) quit the game with Jacobsville still in the game
      we have had Jacobsville quit the game, while NICE L0KI (host) continues to play on for a while longer

Jacobsville loses all his book based knowledge, like the ability to assemble guns or make first aid kits, he also loses everything in his backpack (but he keeps everything on his belt).
      However his character level isn't affected at all and his experience based skills are retained, such as scavenging, mining tools, misc crafting etc. Plus his skill points are all still correctly assigned.
      Last edited by Nice Loki; 04-27-2017, 07:45 AM. Reason: Add extra info.

Comment

Thanks for the details Nice Loki, it sounds like a version of this bug: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...gged-Inventory but it's either a different version or not triggering the same.

I know the team are still working on the one I liked, so I'll check if it's something new, or possibly related.

Clare

Comment

Team is wondering if there's any chance we could get footage from Jacobsville's side before and after shots to see if we can see anything as it seems to be somewhat separate to the bug I liked above.

Comment

I saw this yesterday with my daughter. We had both been playing the day before, then exited the game, shut down the console. Yesterday morning, she re-launched it so she could play by herself, then after an hour or so she exited and shut down again. Later that day we launched it again and both of us entered the game (my login is the 2nd player). My character had an empty backpack, but had all the correct stuff in my tool belt. Every skill I had learned by books were also gone, but skills I earned by leveling up were still there. Everything else (her stuff, skills, our base etc) was correct. Game details (from memory - I'm at work) are:

XBOX ONE version 1.0.11.0 (waiting for patch 9.1 to update)
            Game Type: Multiplayer
            Map Type: Random gen
            Seed/Save Name: MERA
            Disk or Digital: Disc
            DLC: None
            Character: My daughter as 1st player Grace, me as 2nd player Jeff
            Difficulty: Adventurer
            Run: Never
            Aggression: Low
            Day length: 18 hr
            Drop On Death: Only tool belt
            Enemy memory: 30
            Enemy Spawning: Very low
            Block durability: Lowest setting
            Loot respawn time: Most frequent setting
            Loot abundance: Most abundant setting
            Airdrops: 24 Hr
            24 hour cycle: 180 min? (slowest day setting)
            In-game Day: 7

Comment

Hi Flabado,

You say you're on patch 1.0.11.0 and you're waiting for patch 9.1, but 9.1 is already released so you should be at version 1.0.13.0 if you are playing multiplayer online.

Thank you for providing your details, yours sounds closer to https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...gged-Inventory than Nice Loki's does if your level is also down to 1.

Please be aware of this when posting in future so as not to confuse bug variations in threads. If in doubt, creating a new thread is fine =)

Clare

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                Hi Flabado,

You say you're on patch 1.0.11.0 and you're waiting for patch 9.1, but 9.1 is already released so you should be at version 1.0.13.0 if you are playing multiplayer online.

Clare
                Patch 9.1 is released!?! Ha, I feel silly now. I left my XBOX's ethernet unplugged because I didn't want to update to 1.0.12.0, and I never saw an announcement on the forum stating that it had went live, so I just assumed that it had been delayed. Updating tonight!

Thanks,
                Flabado

Comment

Yeah because 9.1 was a hotfix, there's only one announcement. Regular patches get the heads up and the going live announcements.

Comment

Working...
                  X