Xbox 1-Base reset itself

Dmoney5101

Happened twice within a week of each other. First time was like Day 50, second time was day 70. The game crashed and when i loaded back up, the inside of the prison and the misslie bunker had reset itself, making me lose all my forges, supplies, everything but what I had on my character. About a year ago, i had encountered this quite a few times with my base. Then a patch had been sent down, and whenever the game crashed, which is still quite often and getting ridiculous, the base would no longer reset itself. With the new patch however, apparently the old problem has arisen again. Just getting absolutely ridiculous that Im constantly losing hours and days of progress due to a bug that has apparently not been fixec

The problem with the MD5 error is that there are a lot of triggers - many have been identified and fixed but new ones do appear and the cause needs to be isolated. To this end, it would be helpful if you could provide your game settings and a description of what you were doing prior to the crash. Please could you provide your details using the format shown in this thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting to ensure the team get the information they require.

Also, you might not be aware but there is a player-found workaround for Xbox - it is unofficial and involves you deleting data so it is advised to use with caution and at your own risk but those that have followed the instructions swear by it for avoiding resets after a crash. If you do use it, make sure to follow the instructions exactly. You can find the workaround at: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69218-Possible-work-around-and-or-solution-to-md5-crashes(base-wipes-resets)

Hi Dmoney5101,

I am sorry to hear you were hit with multiple MD5s, the info Damselx1 gave above is accurate and up to date. I understand how frustrating this can be for players but the unofficial workaround has helped a lot of players avoid the MD5s of late so you may find it useful.

If you have any questions about the MD5 errors I will do my best to answer them.

Clare

Base reset

I just lost my base... found a nice chunk of land on the border of 5 biomes. Spent (real) days grinding and building a large concrete and steel base...just now the game crashed and when i logged back in, the terrain where my base was had reset... lost all forges, chests, workstations, and pretty much the whole base... had collected lots of money and purchased about 500 steel upgrade from trader along with tons of goodies...

All gone... done playing until fixed

I just lost my base... found a nice chunk of land on the border of 5 biomes. Spent (real) days grinding and building a large concrete and steel base...just now the game crashed and when i logged back in, the terrain where my base was had reset... lost all forges, chests, workstations, and pretty much the whole base... had collected lots of money and purchased about 500 steel upgrade from trader along with tons of goodies...

Have you tried the workaround (see above)? It should help you avoid the MD5 so you can keep playing. Also, while I appreciate that it's frustrating to lose your base, your console and game settings, plus a decription of what you were doing prior to the crash would really help the team to identify the cause - it's possible you have found a new trigger. The link for the required format is also above.

Have you tried the workaround (see above)? It should help you avoid the MD5 so you can keep playing. Also, while I appreciate that it's frustrating to lose your base, your console and game settings, plus a decription of what you were doing prior to the crash would really help the team to identify the cause - it's possible you have found a new trigger. The link for the required format is also above.

Hi. I haven't tried the workaround... its all lost so don't see the point now.

It actually happened twice.. first it was just an outside chest but i thought it broke as i cut a tree nearby, but then the whole base...

I was inside the base crafting some stone axes you level up tool smithing when it kicked me out and reset the terrain.

Im on Xbox one. Private online game. 1.0.16.1 Random gen. Adventurer.

If more info is needed I'll post again

The MD5 is frustrating yes but , not reporting it properly is the one reason its still around because not all of us have this issue, and it seems the majority of the people that do just throw their hands in air and give up with out even engaging in the bug report process properly , not be a snoop but i looked at your post history and all you have done so far is flame about a problem , that your help is needed to fix, and if your not going to help, and you complain that nothing is getting done it make you look bad , how can it get fixed if you guys just whine and leave , maybe report the bug properly and with as much details how ever unnecessary you think it may be and you may be surprised to see what you find in the next patch notes .

fortunately unfortunately i haven't seen an md5 since January so i can't hep the team find out what may be triggering the crash but you guys that do get the dreaded MD5 your what we need , you are our freaking golden child if you'd just take a deep breath exhale realize " its OK your house didn't burn down you still have your job the children are safe its just game now help us fix it" please and thank you

• 6 months later...
The MD5 is frustrating yes but , not reporting it properly is the one reason its still around because not all of us have this issue, and it seems the majority of the people that do just throw their hands in air and give up with out even engaging in the bug report process properly , not be a snoop but i looked at your post history and all you have done so far is flame about a problem , that your help is needed to fix, and if your not going to help, and you complain that nothing is getting done it make you look bad , how can it get fixed if you guys just whine and leave , maybe report the bug properly and with as much details how ever unnecessary you think it may be and you may be surprised to see what you find in the next patch notes .

fortunately unfortunately i haven't seen an md5 since January so i can't hep the team find out what may be triggering the crash but you guys that do get the dreaded MD5 your what we need , you are our freaking golden child if you'd just take a deep breath exhale realize " its OK your house didn't burn down you still have your job the children are safe its just game now help us fix it" please and thank you

I get what your saying but releasing a game with so many bugs that ruin the game and make it seem like a really bad beta test is really bad buisness, I don't work The Fun Pimps so why the hell should I do their job for them, this game should not have been reliesed in this state, If I had any other product that crashed so much I would have returned it.

I'm not trying to be a ♥♥♥♥ and I'm no gaming expert that is why I bought an Xbox 1, but 99% of the replies from Claire just say the same thing which offers no help at all.

Hi H20Dragon83 and wasnotgood,

Please note you are posting in a thread from September of last year. Necroposting / Revival of older posts is against forum rules. Older posts generally cover anything that was posted before the last update. If you wish to report an issue, please do so in a new thread and if you feel it is needed, link back to the older one in the main body of the thread. This can help share the information you wish to share, without necroposting and risking being flagged by the mods.

Closing this thread to prevent further necroposting. Wasnotgood I see you started a thread so I shall respond to you there.

Clare

Archived