Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Known Issue] Travelling beyond map limits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [Known Issue] Travelling beyond map limits

    Status: In progress (occurs on PC also)

    On a Random Gen map in creative mode it is possible to travel into the rad zone and beyond. This is unintended as the Rad Zone is the edge of the map. However traveling beyond the map edge forces terrain to generate for the player.

    The further out traveled the more unstable the map becomes between character shaking, blocks shaking, lighting flickering and the seams in the terrain coming appart. It is high recommended players do not travel out there as the ability to do so is unintended and not part of the game. Doing so is at your own risk.

    #2
    just how does one survive the radiation long enough to travel far enough to generate new terrain ? Rad suit , mini bike ? just wonderin

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
      just how does one survive the radiation long enough to travel far enough to generate new terrain ? Rad suit , mini bike ? just wonderin
      The bug is they don't need protection. But again, this is a very unstable area and poses risks to saves and could even cause nausea with the jitter. Deciding to do this is at your own risk.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Clare View Post
        The bug is they don't need protection. But again, this is a very unstable area and poses risks to saves and could even cause nausea with the jitter. Deciding to do this is at your own risk.
        nah i have had enough profile corruption ,save game data lost, md5 ,dysynced trophies and ,audio loops from hell ,to not try and poke the hornet nest so to speak

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Clare View Post
          Status: In progress (occurs on PC also)

          On a Random Gen map in creative mode it is possible to travel into the rad zone and beyond. This is unintended as the Rad Zone is the edge of the map. However traveling beyond the map edge forces terrain to generate for the player.

          The further out traveled the more unstable the map becomes between character shaking, blocks shaking, lighting flickering and the seams in the terrain coming appart. It is high recommended players do not travel out there as the ability to do so is unintended and not part of the game. Doing so is at your own risk.
          Out of curiosity, I wonder how far you could go before the game essentially crashes? lol more so, on a real high end PC would you essentially be able to explore these areas? I don't know of a god mode to survive the radiation so its weird to hear this

          Comment

          Working...
          X