Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• y_soap_74
    replied
    There hasn’t been an update since for over a year or maybe a two (I don’t remember. My friend and I have made a couple bases with a trench and drawbridge and that issue hasn’t happened to us. So, maybe the issue was fixed?

The game probably renders the bridge still down there, or the previous blocks. Maybe try to place down blocks and break them to change it. Or, destroy that drawbridge and place a new one I suppose.

Like I stated.. I’ve never experienced this issue so my suggestions are just something I thought would help. Just know, the game (on console) isn’t planned to have an update for a while until the PC version goes well.

Leave a comment:

• dj1234-_
    replied
    BUT, my wife and have been having an issue with zeds walking across our trench as if the drawbridge was open. this has happened several times and not even opening and closing it stops them. also, once they get across, they walk right through the closed bridge as if it wasn't even there. only the fact that there is a jail door just behind the bridge has saved her from being overrun.

has there been a fix to this yet?

Leave a comment:

• dj1234-_
    replied
    BUT, my wife and have been having an issue with zeds walking across our trench as if the drawbridge was open. this has happened several times and not even opening and closing it stops them. also, once they get across, they walk right through the closed bridge as if it wasn't even there. only the fact that there is a jail door just behind the bridge has saved her from being overrun.

Hi I recently have been running into this same problem on PS4. I was wondering if anyone has solved it. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Pablodiablo316
    replied
    Take aprt empty trolleys with a wrench, aircon units possibly, chairs you can make them too at workbench

Leave a comment:

• Lax
    replied
    As for Mech Parts, three good places to stock up: A Bank. If you have a decent Pickaxe (iron) it has multiple mini safes to loot that yield between 2-3 Mech Parts for each safe. Second spot: Ostrich Hotel. It has multiple office chairs that yield between 1-2 Mech Parts. The Restaurant in the hotel also has multiple sinks where you could find additional wrenches as an added bonus. Third Spot: Shamway. Has multiple shopping carts outside and inside the store that should yield between 1-2 parts each.

Leave a comment:

• Pinz
    replied
    Leather desk chairs, filing cabinets, shopping carts, and cars are my sources for them.

Leave a comment:

• MadArchitect
    replied
    Working Stiffs crates are a decent renewable source for Mechanical Parts, depending on what your loot refresh rate is set at. They don't always have them, but when they do, they tend to be in stacks within the teens at the least. Bear in mind that my Scavenging skill and Quality Joe perk are both maxed out, so I'm not entirely sure to what degree that plays into it.
    I think you just need the Work Bench to make the Drawbridge. My Steel Smithing Perk is only level 1 and I have made a Drawbridge.

Leave a comment:

• Damselx1
    replied
    Originally posted by UnsentSoul View Post
    Steel perk level 3 and then the drawbridge can be found in the workbench menu.
    This is wrong - the only thing level 3 steel gives is the ability to make mechanical parts, which you need for the drawbridge. You can get the parts from various locations though (air-conditioning units, shopping carts, office chairs (the ones on castors), working stiff crates and the trader.

You should be able to find the reinforced drawbridge in the workbench menu.

Leave a comment:

• Pinz
    replied
    I don’t think this is right. The only thing unlocked in Steel 3 are mechanical parts.

For a drawbridge, you need the supplies and a workbench. The toughest supply to get are the mechanical parts. These are a vicious cycle, need the parts to make wrenches but you need wrenches to get the parts.

Unless it changed in the last patch, I have never unlocked Steel 3 but was able to make the drawbridge.

Leave a comment:

• Thelek
    replied
    Originally posted by MadArchitect View Post
    Also remember that the drawbridge is 4 blocks wide. I tend to favor odd-numbered block placement, so if this is the case for you, just be aware if you want to place it center on your build.
    need to keep the length in mind, too. 6m from base to leading edge and there can be nothing closer than 1m to the underside.

Leave a comment:

• Kreepymidget
    replied
    Woot. I took a break until this comming winter for the new patches to hit and for my girl n i to get a dual gaming setup

Leave a comment:

• MadArchitect
    replied
    Originally posted by Kreepymidget View Post
    Last i knew jail doors were only available in creative. Did this change?
    They are available in survival as well. I have two of them in my current base.

Leave a comment:

• Kreepymidget
    replied
    Last i knew jail doors were only available in creative. Did this change?

Leave a comment:

• MadArchitect
    replied
    Also remember that the drawbridge is 4 blocks wide. I tend to favor odd-numbered block placement, so if this is the case for you, just be aware if you want to place it center on your build.

Leave a comment:

• SquiffyMcSquiff
    replied
    Thanks for this, I must’ve looked before I had the perk unlocked or something. This could be interesting!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X