A couple PS4 bugs may be known

Ninja_dude1337

So both of these come with a bit of salt - im playing on PS4

the first bug is the known minibike bug: i created a massive subterranean parking garage it has a drawbridge door going down a ramp all the way to bedrock the entire thing is built out of reinforced concrete on smp. The actual parking garage itself is fairly huge with lots of open space and the first time my minibike glitched out and ended up in the roof i thought maybe it was because the roof was only 4 blocks high or maybe because it was parked against the wall so i preceded to elevate the ceiling ten blocks higher and made sure to not park within 4 blocks of any walls. So far nothing has helped and it isn't dependent on whether or not i crash i have left my base multiple times to come back and find that my minibike is 1-2 blocks above the ceiling, each time this happens almost every part on it has its durability dropped to 0 and has completely wasted my awesome purple parts. normally i wouldn't get to bent out of shape about a thing like this but man did that garage take a grip to build, we're talking multiple days IRL so its pretty annoying.

The second bug has to do with landclaim blocks: before i posted this i went and watched multiple videos online explaining LCB and read the entire wiki article so i feel like i have a basic understanding of how they work although i guess i could be mistaken..

so my base is on a 10x10 area i have 9 LCB under it one block deep one is in the middle, i have one on each corner, and one on each side as well as another perimeter of them outside of that. We were raided and griefed last night while we were playing i was under the base in my parking garage extending the ceiling, my girl friend was above me mining and my buddy was in the base crafting. The person that entered our base managed to destroy everything in our storage room without making a single sound not only that but he used a pillar of frames that were actually directly on top of one of my LCBs. I understand PVP and Raids are a part of the game but i also feel that the safeguards and precautionary steps we take to preventing them are as well so i find myself really confused as to how this all went down. to my understanding he shouldn't have been able to place those frames on top of my LCB and while he was destroying all 12 of our storage crates we should've heard the same sound that is create when hitting bedrock or a traders outpost? especially since one player was literally in the base with the forge opened

Hi Ninja_dude1337,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the game. The issue with your minibike jumping to the roof is part of a failsafe within the game. If your minibike slips underground and goes to slip out of the world altogether (beyond bedrock) there is a trigger in the game to place the minibike back on the nearest open surface area, to prevent it being lost completely. If there is a building in the way, then the nearest open surface is the roof.

However the fact that this is occurring regularly when you unload and reload that chunk in the game, it makes me think there could be something encouraging it to slip through in that area. What is the base of your garage made of? Or is it sitting directly on bedrock? If it's directly on bedrock a layer of blocks may help reduce or prevent this.

When you park the bike, do you let it come to a full stop before hopping off? Do you ever see the wheel spinning without moving - this is likely not related to this issue, but I'm curious if there is a link.

While this is a failsafe to try and avoid the original bug, I'll pass onto the team that bikes are becoming damaged this way, as I do not believe that part is intended at all.

For your second issue with the land claim blocks, I will need to double check with the team what the mechanics here are exactly. They may not be exactly identical as to what is on the wiki as the wiki is maintained by the PC fan base, but they should offer protection to the blocks in the read and prevent the placement of blocks all the same. Being able to place frames on top of your blocks should not happen.

If you placed all of the blocks, the other players in your game able to place or destroy blocks within the area?

How old is the save? If the save was created before the last update, were the blocks placed there then too or is it a recent save?

Have you cleared the cache of the host console recently? (shut down and unplugged for 5 mins before rebooting)

Again I am sorry you are having these issues and I completely understand the frustration things like this can cause. I will try get information from the team about this as soon as possible.

Clare

So both of these come with a bit of salt - im playing on PS4

the first bug is the known minibike bug: i created a massive subterranean parking garage it has a drawbridge door going down a ramp all the way to bedrock the entire thing is built out of reinforced concrete on smp. The actual parking garage itself is fairly huge with lots of open space and the first time my minibike glitched out and ended up in the roof i thought maybe it was because the roof was only 4 blocks high or maybe because it was parked against the wall so i preceded to elevate the ceiling ten blocks higher and made sure to not park within 4 blocks of any walls. So far nothing has helped and it isn't dependent on whether or not i crash i have left my base multiple times to come back and find that my minibike is 1-2 blocks above the ceiling, each time this happens almost every part on it has its durability dropped to 0 and has completely wasted my awesome purple parts. normally i wouldn't get to bent out of shape about a thing like this but man did that garage take a grip to build, we're talking multiple days IRL so its pretty annoying.

The second bug has to do with landclaim blocks: before i posted this i went and watched multiple videos online explaining LCB and read the entire wiki article so i feel like i have a basic understanding of how they work although i guess i could be mistaken..

so my base is on a 10x10 area i have 9 LCB under it one block deep one is in the middle, i have one on each corner, and one on each side as well as another perimeter of them outside of that. We were raided and griefed last night while we were playing i was under the base in my parking garage extending the ceiling, my girl friend was above me mining and my buddy was in the base crafting. The person that entered our base managed to destroy everything in our storage room without making a single sound not only that but he used a pillar of frames that were actually directly on top of one of my LCBs. I understand PVP and Raids are a part of the game but i also feel that the safeguards and precautionary steps we take to preventing them are as well so i find myself really confused as to how this all went down. to my understanding he shouldn't have been able to place those frames on top of my LCB and while he was destroying all 12 of our storage crates we should've heard the same sound that is create when hitting bedrock or a traders outpost? especially since one player was literally in the base with the forge opened

To add on to what Clare said. its too late with oyur current save but you could just play a private hosted game that is invie only, no more greifers

yeah i have been playing on an open game cause we have met some really neat people on the ps4 network and usually the occasional raider is short lived we are around a 100 days in and working on getting all of the achievements we can, i just really thought i was good with so many LCB placed withing every 12 blocks. As for other players placing and removing blocks my 2 friends i am playing with are allies and have no problem placing and removing blocks within the landclaimed area and for further verification no invite or request for ally had been sent or received by the raider.

The mini bike garages floor is on bedrock so i will try adding another layer to see if this helps i have been parking it on a sublevel just below dirt with out any issues. I do make sure the bike is fully stopped and havent notice the wheels spinning or moving at all. I honestly just figured the bike was gaining damage by being clipped through the ceiling and stone usually 2-3 layers into the ceiling. I had moved the ceiling up ten blocks high without it making any difference and the damage to the bike is usually pretty extreme there was one time is wasn't completely wreck but every other time is has taken purple parts to 0 durability which is kinda annoying cause after a few repair kits theyre no longer purple. Easy come easy go i guess we've built back up and are back on track so most of the salt had been flushed out of the wounds. I will respond if installing a floor helped prevent the bike glitch and would love to hear anything regarding LCB. Thanks again everyone

Hi Ninja,

Yeah it does seem like the bike is registering the blocks it passes through alright. Hopefully the extra layer will help.

I've asked the team for further information and to look into the LCB and will post back here when I have more info, and I don't want to accidentally give the wrong information.

Clare

• 7 months later...
Hi Ninja_dude1337,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the game. The issue with your minibike jumping to the roof is part of a failsafe within the game. If your minibike slips underground and goes to slip out of the world altogether (beyond bedrock) there is a trigger in the game to place the minibike back on the nearest open surface area, to prevent it being lost completely. If there is a building in the way, then the nearest open surface is the roof.

However the fact that this is occurring regularly when you unload and reload that chunk in the game, it makes me think there could be something encouraging it to slip through in that area. What is the base of your garage made of? Or is it sitting directly on bedrock? If it's directly on bedrock a layer of blocks may help reduce or prevent this.

When you park the bike, do you let it come to a full stop before hopping off? Do you ever see the wheel spinning without moving - this is likely not related to this issue, but I'm curious if there is a link. vidmate

While this is a failsafe to try and avoid the original bug, I'll pass onto the team that bikes are becoming damaged this way, as I do not believe that part is intended at all.

For your second issue with the land claim blocks, I will need to double check with the team what the mechanics here are exactly. They may not be exactly identical as to what is on the wiki as the wiki is maintained by the PC fan base, but they should offer protection to the blocks in the read and prevent the placement of blocks all the same. Being able to place frames on top of your blocks should not happen.

If you placed all of the blocks, the other players in your game able to place or destroy blocks within the area?

How old is the save? If the save was created before the last update, were the blocks placed there then too or is it a recent save?

Have you cleared the cache of the host console recently? (shut down and unplugged for 5 mins before rebooting)

Again I am sorry you are having these issues and I completely understand the frustration things like this can cause. I will try get information from the team about this as soon as possible.

Clare

Brilliant, thanks for sharing this info. This is all very interesting ��

Archived