Telltale Games going out of business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Worst case, you'll always have the client you have now. (Which completely sucks if you're on an X-Box. Sorry guys.)
    This could definitely be part of why the update has been taking so long. The real question now is if the game gets sold off how long is the content going to be held by the next company who wants to make money off it? Dlc I smell?

Comment

it doesn't really matter. publishers shut down all the time. volition and thq did and there stuff is just being made by if i remember deep silver

Comment

Saw a few tweets that give a little more insider information. Minecraft story mode and 7 days to die were the only things making money, the rest was investor money and the netflix deal which eventually dried up. Telltale's Batman tanked hard and was one of their worst commercial failures for TellTale, basically everything between the first season of The Walking Dead and Minecraft became a financial failure (which is surprising to hear considering how good "The Wolf Among Us" was).

Comment

Originally posted by davethebakerx2 View Post
          it doesn't really matter. publishers shut down all the time. volition and thq did and there stuff is just being made by if i remember deep silver
          But you also have those that have been in the dark collecting dust for a decade or more. So it goes both ways and all we can do is wait and see what happens. As far as we know the 25 people left could continue to keep things going. So until official word is passed all anyone can do right now is speculate.

Comment

Originally posted by Malthis View Post
            Saw a few tweets that give a little more insider information. Minecraft story mode and 7 days to die were the only things making money, the rest was investor money and the netflix deal which eventually dried up. Telltale's Batman tanked hard and was one of their worst commercial failures for TellTale, basically everything between the first season of The Walking Dead and Minecraft became a financial failure (which is surprising to hear considering how good "The Wolf Among Us" was).

Who the hell are you?

:P

Thought you were living in a hippy commune somewhere deep, deep in California somewhere.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gamida View Post
              Who the hell are you?

:P

Thought you were living in a hippy commune somewhere deep, deep in California somewhere.....
              I can neither confirm nor deny my current location, and any strange smells emanating from the raptor bushes are merely my exotic cologne.

Comment

I can neither confirm nor deny my current location, and any strange smells emanating from the raptor bushes are merely my exotic cologne.
                Raptor Sighting...

Comment

Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                  Raptor Sighting...
                  Almost as rare as a big foot or loch ness. Noone will ever believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by irjvik View Post
                    SylenThunder is right, please don't panic.
                    Sometimes publishers owns Intellectual Property and Copyrights of the games they publish, it seems it is not the case for TellTales with 7DTD.

So wait and see ... and smash a few zombies heads meanwhile !

PS : and the unofficial word : please read carefully, nothing official here)
                    https://www.brunerhouse.com/blog/201...lltale-closure
                    THIS ppl need to tell the dif between publishers and developers

Comment

Worst case, you'll always have the client you have now. (Which completely sucks if you're on an X-Box. Sorry guys.)
                      How do you mean? What will happen to people playing on XBox?

Comment

Originally posted by NavezGuy View Post
                        How do you mean? What will happen to people playing on XBox?
                        Worst case, the MD5 issue on the XBox won't get fixed. Although Microsoft could decide to switch to a file system that's been stable since 1993, and standard since 2000. Given that they didn't already start using it on a console made in 2013, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath for it.

Comment

Sooooo where's my blankie, scalie boi?
                          Last edited by razor1612; 09-22-2018, 07:29 PM. Reason: been a while...

Comment

Worst case, the MD5 issue on the XBox won't get fixed. Although Microsoft could decide to switch to a file system that's been stable since 1993, and standard since 2000. Given that they didn't already start using it on a console made in 2013, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath for it.
                            Doesn't PS4 have the MD5 error anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by NavezGuy View Post
                              Doesn't PS4 have the MD5 error anymore?
                              It hasn't been an issue on PS4 in a long time, except perhaps as a rare occurrence.

Comment

Clare????

CLAAAAAARE?! Are you still with us??? Hoping you were employed by TFP, and not Telltale.

Comment

Working...
                                X