Question

Walterstj

I see all of these videos where people build these massive structures and such... I started building a pit after I had a cave in... Just a simple square tower from bedrock to where the height of the ground would be... But after 15 blocks or so high, the blocks I place just break apart and fall... Seems weird since I am at bedrock and there shouldn't be an structural issue underneath... And it doesn't matter what kind of block, wood, cobblestone, rebar, concrete, metal frame... They all just fall apart... I would understand if it was on ground level and it was dug out underneath... And I'm not exceeding the limit of the block... I started with concrete blocks... The measurement is a 7x7x7x7 square... So the walls are 6 blocks, and the 4 posts are the 7th... And every 5th block high, there's a floor... But I've hit a spot where no matter what I place on the wall, the blocks just crumble away... It's a gigantic waste of time and materials, and I just don't understand what's going on here... Any ideas?

Is it within the area that caved in? If large areas collapse it can distrupt the structural calculations.

You could try clearing the cache but the area itself may stay bugged. If you do try clearing the cache, tryiving away til the area is unloaded for added effect.

If you can pinpoint the exact area that causes the collapse you could try collapse a block through it, that can sometimes force recalculations.

Other then that, would prob need to see the structure itself to see if there's anything missing.

Yes, it's inside the area that caved in..... The area that caved in was enormous... So my thought was to make a pit fall style horde night deal but I can't build the structure any higher than where I am... It's well inside the S.I. of the blocks...

• 1 month later...

Archived