Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have Ark and just got The Forest, 7 Days To Die developers really sleeping on what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Ark and just got The Forest, 7 Days To Die developers really sleeping on what

I have the platinum trophy for 7 days to Die, I love this game but I feel the developers are sleeping on how big of a game this could be if it had the support behind it on the developers end of things. More updates more new features etc. These other games like Ark and The Forest are also good but the voxel aspect of this game is really underestimated. On PC this game may have better competition, but on Console, 7 Days to die is the LeBron Heat of the East.

I am curious if the limitations in updates are because of a lack of funding or because of the limitations of the console. Because what your all think about developers using GoFundMe to fund the further development of the console version since Taletale went down not too long ago?

lol, this post is such fail.

My suggestion, do some research, cuz you're really behind on that. Console publishers (aka Telltale) went bankrupt without notice. With that said, the future development for the console version of this game is unclear at the moment. PC version of this game on the other hand... is doing great.

Comment

Someone has not been reading the news....

Comment

He has a point... look at forest. It shows what unity can do and look like.

Comment

Originally posted by maughanorama View Post
          He has a point... look at forest. It shows what unity can do and look like.
          I actually think The Forest is a broken mess of a game. So I don't know what point your trying to make with that.

Comment

forest IS NOT a full voxel game like 7 days to die.

there is no unity voxel game currently to compare to with 7 days to die. if it is not a full voxel it doesnt count.

Comment

Originally posted by unholyjoe View Post
              there is no unity voxel game currently to compare to with 7 days to die. if it is not a full voxel it doesnt count.

Actually, that's not entirely true. Rising World is a fully voxel based game like 7 Days to Die. But... unfortunately, they don't have the budget to get that game updated on a regular basis (they don't even have enemy mobs yet). So while 7 Days to Die is multiple years ahead of Rising World in development, they do use the same voxel engine.

I think Wurm Unlimited is also fully voxel based too... but that's just another very flawed game.
              Last edited by Fox; 12-05-2018, 12:08 AM.

Comment

https://www.rising-world.net/

pretty sure its java based using JMonkey

this was discussed some time back in another thread. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...6-Rising-World

Comment

Ah, ok, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by unholyjoe View Post
                    forest IS NOT a full voxel game like 7 days to die.

The closest would be Empyrion, but they still use mesh for the landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by IgnyteZero View Post
                      Someone has not been reading the news....
                      What's the news?

Comment

Originally posted by knighthonor View Post
                        What's the news?
                        Omg, dude... seriously?

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                        Console publishers (aka Telltale) went bankrupt without notice. With that said, the future development for the console version of this game is unclear at the moment. PC version of this game on the other hand... is doing great.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                          Omg, dude... seriously?
                          Plus there's like the top thread in the News and Announcements section.....

Sticky: Telltale Update

Comment

Oh yeah we know that already. I thought there was new news.

Comment

Originally posted by knighthonor View Post
                              Oh yeah we know that already. I thought there was new news.
                              If there was, it would be posted there already.

Comment

Working...
                              X