X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
    you have high hopes lol i doubt the pc will be done even within 2 years
    i am happy to wait. i am playing the pc version as well. on the tv with an xbox controller. you could argue that i am playing the future console version right now.

Comment

Originally posted by NukemDed View Post
      i am happy to wait. i am playing the pc version as well. on the tv with an xbox controller. you could argue that i am playing the future console version right now.
      tbh its gone way past a joke now. I have the game on pc and can play it by myself....but if i want to play it with my friends who are console only I have to play the very dated and abandoned version. 4 copies of the game between us on ps4 and 2 copies on xbox, do the devs care? well no.
      The assets were sold...not sure how that can happen but ok that was years ago. Other games have dealt with this (https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...season-returns)

Patience only goes so far... not that my loss of patience will correct it, developers have our money and do not care one bit

Comment

Originally posted by mrgreaper View Post
        tbh its gone way past a joke now. I have the game on pc and can play it by myself....but if i want to play it with my friends who are console only I have to play the very dated and abandoned version. 4 copies of the game between us on ps4 and 2 copies on xbox, do the devs care? well no.
        The assets were sold...not sure how that can happen but ok that was years ago. Other games have dealt with this (https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...season-returns)

Patience only goes so far... not that my loss of patience will correct it, developers have our money and do not care one bit
        Part of what you guys fail to realize is that the grand majority of the money you spent on the console version did not go to The Fun Pimps. It went to TellTale, who ♥♥♥♥ed things up and put the console port into the situation it is in.

Then on top of that, TFP went and spent the small percentage of money they had made on the console, PLUS some of the development funds for the PC version, just so they could get the rights back so you would have some hope of something in the future.

And you have the audacity to sit here and blame TFP for something they had little control over. You guys sure have a hard time facing reality. What would you do if TFP just said "♥♥♥♥ it" and shut this entire section of the forum down? Then culled any further discussion on the Console port, and told you to just deal with the fact that TellTale ♥♥♥♥ed you over.

No, instead they have asserted that though it is not financially feasible to continue working on the ♥♥♥♥ed up version you were given by TellTale, they do intend to continue with a new release after they are actually done making the game.

You are a wholly ungrateful lot, and this discussion is most definitely over. All you do is parrot the same crap every few posts and ignore the reality of things.

Comment

Originally posted by SylenThunder View Post
          Part of what you guys fail to realize is that the grand majority of the money you spent on the console version did not go to The Fun Pimps. It went to TellTale, who ♥♥♥♥ed things up and put the console port into the situation it is in.

Then on top of that, TFP went and spent the small percentage of money they had made on the console, PLUS some of the development funds for the PC version, just so they could get the rights back so you would have some hope of something in the future.

And you have the audacity to sit here and blame TFP for something they had little control over. You guys sure have a hard time facing reality. What would you do if TFP just said "♥♥♥♥ it" and shut this entire section of the forum down? Then culled any further discussion on the Console port, and told you to just deal with the fact that TellTale ♥♥♥♥ed you over.

No, instead they have asserted that though it is not financially feasible to continue working on the ♥♥♥♥ed up version you were given by TellTale, they do intend to continue with a new release after they are actually done making the game.

You are a wholly ungrateful lot, and this discussion is most definitely over. All you do is parrot the same crap every few posts and ignore the reality of things.
          The console version is years behind the PC...years.

If the roles were reversed and they abandoned the PC version I am sure you would be a tad miffed too.

All we console users are asking for is to give us feature plarity with the PC version. Hell even if we were a build behind it would be better than the mess it's in at the minute. Man the a17 map generator on PC is so much better the console version (though I prefer the console systems xp mechanic)

They say the issue is now funding, it's not our fault if they had a bad deal from tell tale, that really is not fair to make console users suffer for that.

That said if they released update 18 as paid for DLC (آ£15or even آ£20) I know I would pay for it immediately, so would most of my mates...yes it would be unfair make console users pay for an update that's free for PC users but it would be better than just being left out in the cold.

As for ungrateful, we purchased a product that we expected to be updated, we can see the PC version getting big updates and the console version just abandoned. What exactly is there to be grateful for? Do you mean the fact they ported it in the first case? Yeah that's why we all purchased it, this type of game is rare on the console so we wanted to support it. We are not the ones being ungrateful chap

Comment

Wrong had TFP not taken a quick cash grab by selling an incomplete game to TT this would not be an issue.

you mean TFP took some of the money gained by selling the rights to an undeveloped game so that they could keep the game undeveloped?

TFP did say screw it and told us to buy it on the next console version. If they keep a forum open so we can complain how trash they are doesnt really matter

Right so we can REBUY the game and put more money in their pockets while you pc players had to buy the game 1 time. No its the pc player base who is terribly ungrateful towards the console base. Had TFP not taken the quick money for selling an incomplete game they very well could have went out of business themselves. The sale of the console version is what allowed you pc players to continue to receive support

Comment

You make it sound like the Fun Pimps are broke with their 10 million PC copies sales. Going by $25 to $40 each. They should have plenty of money to toss around for a small team to split the money up.

Comment

You know, I usually just check here in from time to time just to see if there is any news about the console edition… not even bothering to post anymore.
                As you said, the discussion is over. I already removed the game from my XB1 and I have no hope that there will be any reason for me to reinstall this trainwreck again.
                It just isn't playable on Xbox with the MD5, since I have better things to do with my time than rebuilding a base of operations that gets reset frequently.
                However, the "wholly ungrateful lot" fanboi remark just ticks me off.
                I have paid for this game and therefor I have all the right to complain about a not working ****, as do the rest of the people here.
                Should I be thankful about this forum? Should I be thankful about a glitchy ***? Plz help me here cause I'm confused.
                They could've AT LEAST make the game playable again by adding a manual save, if all other options are "too expensive".
                Now I'm stuck with a game, which is still being sold on Xbox Marketplace for a whopping 34,99, that just isn't playable and when I look on the forum I see a moderator telling me I should be thankful for it?

Dude… nice moderating.

Comment

The complexities of business, and of coding, are too much for many people. I hope TFP can eventually get to a place where they can devote resources to a new console version. I understand why they can't do so at this time. The ration of crap they receive due to the ♥♥♥♥show Telltale left behind is undeserved, but inevitable. The complexities are too much; simple black-and-white answers are the order of the day.

Comment

My neighbors are a bit frisky!

https://gameclips.io/GRAW2ROBZ/071fd...c-b719714e6125

Comment

I think all that can be said about this has been said. Peeps are just repeating themselves and what others have said before them which were just a repetition of what they already read from someone else's post.

To summarize what the developers have said:

There are no additional updates to the console version planned. Nothing will be done in the console realm until the PC version is finished. At that point the devs will decide whether to re-enter the console arena and when they do it will most likely be an entirely new product on next generation consoles.

Comment

Cross-posting this from Roland's post in the General Discussion section.

The following console sections have been merged into [the General Discussion section]:

Bug Reports
                        General Support

This should tell you all you need to know. TFP is happy to provide a place for those who are still playing the game to be able to meet up and talk about things they wish to discuss. Players can help each other out with tips and troubleshooting advice. However, there is no longer any official support or bug fixing going on because there are no planned updates for the current version.

We don't want to send a false message that support and fixes for any issues with the current version of the game are forthcoming and so those sections were closed.

That being said, there does still appear to be a small but dedicated base of fans who haven't had a bad experience with the game and who are still enjoying it for what it is and who continue to be happy to meet up with others and start a new map and play.

For those people [the remaining sections] of the forums [are] planned to remain open indefinitely.

Comment

Working...
                        X