Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Console News

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Chad.thome View Post
    SUGGESTION!!!

    If it is too expensive to fully port or update the console to the pc version, then why not

    Open the console versions to allow modding, but no re sale such as Fallout 4 did.

    Why?

    It'll help find talented people, restore some trust due to legal issues and make the game as fun as was originally intended.
    This would actually take longer, and cost more, than just getting the last update completed and pushed out.

    Comment


      My suggestion is realistic, and while its save editing it still provides us with enough tools to enjoy another side to the games potential.. ps4 only ofcourse.

      Comment


        I love this game, and unfortunately I don't have a PC to play it on, I bought it on ps4 a few years ago and together with a friend we spent hundreds of hours playing it ... please update our 7days to die console, put it in dlcs forms, to regain profits, the console community would pay only to see new things on the console. we stopped at alpha 14 or 15, the last update was the lights that can be turned on and off. please update our 7days, it covers the price by dlc!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Renne kalauskas View Post
          I love this game, and unfortunately I don't have a PC to play it on, I bought it on ps4 a few years ago and together with a friend we spent hundreds of hours playing it ... please update our 7days to die console, put it in dlcs forms, to regain profits, the console community would pay only to see new things on the console. we stopped at alpha 14 or 15, the last update was the lights that can be turned on and off. please update our 7days, it covers the price by dlc!
          Consider your self lucky. Us XBOX1 users have the MD5 bug that wipes out our bases and tons of hours down the drain. I just started playing again. But its like I hate to build to much or gather to much. Eventually game will run out of memory or whatever happens. I still got a old server save of like 300 days and 3 MD5 bug wipes on it. I still kept it. That map I got tunnels from each corner of the map and criss crossing back and forth going to major buildings as outposts. Besides built plenty of bases and trenches and spikes and mine fields and what not.

          Comment


            Originally posted by GRAW2ROBZ View Post
            Consider your self lucky. Us XBOX1 users have the MD5 bug that wipes out our bases and tons of hours down the drain. I just started playing again. But its like I hate to build to much or gather to much. Eventually game will run out of memory or whatever happens. I still got a old server save of like 300 days and 3 MD5 bug wipes on it. I still kept it. That map I got tunnels from each corner of the map and criss crossing back and forth going to major buildings as outposts. Besides built plenty of bases and trenches and spikes and mine fields and what not.
            And that i imagine is part of the reason there wont be dlc. Its not like the game is operational and tfp can simply add new content. They would first need to invest money into fixing and updating the console versions, then do the work to add new items/zeds etc. and then hope people would pay for it. Since the game itself is maybe $20 i coudnt see paying any more than $5 for some dlc which would come nowhere near covering the cost of updating

            Comment


              Originally posted by skillz_over_9000 View Post
              And that i imagine is part of the reason there wont be dlc. Its not like the game is operational and tfp can simply add new content. They would first need to invest money into fixing and updating the console versions, then do the work to add new items/zeds etc. and then hope people would pay for it. Since the game itself is maybe $20 i coudnt see paying any more than $5 for some dlc which would come nowhere near covering the cost of updating
              I'd buy DLC if they fixed the MD5 bug for XBOX1.

              Comment


                Originally posted by GRAW2ROBZ View Post
                I'd buy DLC if they fixed the MD5 bug for XBOX1.
                i meant thats fine but whose gonna pay them to fix the errors first? I mean tfp cant come out and "release dlc" which is nothing more than program fixing. Those updates were due for about a year and a half at this point and they would have been free. I dont know many people who after all this time would now pay for the exact same update with nothing else added

                Comment


                  Would it be possible to at least patch the 2 main problems even if an update for the console isnt in near future?

                  Memory overfill and crash problem.
                  Have a manual and auto save function?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Chad.thome View Post
                    Would it be possible to at least patch the 2 main problems even if an update for the console isnt in near future?

                    Memory overfill and crash problem.
                    Have a manual and auto save function?
                    Short answer - No this game is dead so nothing is coming

                    Long answer - TFP have the rights back and have already said they have no intent to develop console until after pc is complete. Even then the answer seems to imply they arent going to fix current gen and instead we would all be forced to rebuy the updated version on next gen. If you recently purchased the game i am sorry but do not expect to see anything done with the vast amount of issues present.

                    Comment


                      Like I suggested on twitter. TFP should try and get Iron Galaxy back to continue doing the console porting updates for this gen. TTG was the publisher but the game is published on console. So no need for them now. Not sure if TTG's get any royalties yet even though went bankrupt. Still shows all 3 companies at the opening credits.

                      Doubt Iron Galaxy works for free. But people here kept saying they were close to dropping a update before TTG stopped all projects. All I want is the MD5 bug fixed for XBOX1. Anything else extra is a bonus. You factor in 7dtd is still in the store yet for XBOX1/PS4. So its still out there for grabs. So TFP still getting some money for consoles yet. I'm sure it could be sparked up for sale if it went on sale. Not sure what the price is now. I don't even remember what I paid for it a few years ago.

                      I'm sure you could even add in new content to pay for like new characters or whatever. But if TFP turn their backs for this gen consoles. That wont look good for them for next gen if their aiming for XBOX2/PS5. Bridges burnt then. Yeah TTG was part of the problem. But TFP did get money selling rights to the TTG to port it to consoles. So TFP got money to use to continue working on PC through the hard times.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by GRAW2ROBZ View Post
                        Like I suggested on twitter. TFP should try and get Iron Galaxy back to continue doing the console porting updates for this gen. TTG was the publisher but the game is published on console. So no need for them now. Not sure if TTG's get any royalties yet even though went bankrupt. Still shows all 3 companies at the opening credits.

                        Doubt Iron Galaxy works for free. But people here kept saying they were close to dropping a update before TTG stopped all projects. All I want is the MD5 bug fixed for XBOX1. Anything else extra is a bonus. You factor in 7dtd is still in the store yet for XBOX1/PS4. So its still out there for grabs. So TFP still getting some money for consoles yet. I'm sure it could be sparked up for sale if it went on sale. Not sure what the price is now. I don't even remember what I paid for it a few years ago.

                        I'm sure you could even add in new content to pay for like new characters or whatever. But if TFP turn their backs for this gen consoles. That wont look good for them for next gen if their aiming for XBOX2/PS5. Bridges burnt then. Yeah TTG was part of the problem. But TFP did get money selling rights to the TTG to port it to consoles. So TFP got money to use to continue working on PC through the hard times.
                        While i agree with this thought TFP have already in their official statement, after getting the rights back, all blame was on TTG. As TFP see it and some others on this forum they lost all responsibility after selling the rights and everything after that is the fault of TTG and IG. Now i would argue TFP knowingly sold the rights to an incomplete game, had no experience ever porting a game and then washed their hands of it to focus on the pc after getting the money from the sale. I blame all involved but as TFP started all of this i place more blame on them for poor business decisions. Those poor decisions seem to be continuing with the idea of requiring console owners to rebuy a game they already own while pc players just get everything for free. I had said before tfp got the rights back that that could be the worst case scenario and that seems to have come true. We now have 0 hope for updates, 0 communication and a game that for some unknown reason is still being sold thereby creating more angry customers
                        Last edited by skillz_over_9000; 01-22-2020, 03:34 PM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by GRAW2ROBZ View Post
                          Like I suggested on twitter. TFP should try and get Iron Galaxy back to continue doing the console porting updates for this gen. TTG was the publisher but the game is published on console. So no need for them now. Not sure if TTG's get any royalties yet even though went bankrupt. Still shows all 3 companies at the opening credits.

                          Doubt Iron Galaxy works for free. But people here kept saying they were close to dropping a update before TTG stopped all projects. All I want is the MD5 bug fixed for XBOX1. Anything else extra is a bonus. You factor in 7dtd is still in the store yet for XBOX1/PS4. So its still out there for grabs. So TFP still getting some money for consoles yet. I'm sure it could be sparked up for sale if it went on sale. Not sure what the price is now. I don't even remember what I paid for it a few years ago.

                          I'm sure you could even add in new content to pay for like new characters or whatever. But if TFP turn their backs for this gen consoles. That wont look good for them for next gen if their aiming for XBOX2/PS5. Bridges burnt then. Yeah TTG was part of the problem. But TFP did get money selling rights to the TTG to port it to consoles. So TFP got money to use to continue working on PC through the hard times.
                          It will still cost millions of dollars. We've had this discussion already.
                          Originally posted by SylenThunder View Post
                          Originally posted by Freestyle604 View Post
                          So Sylen, Can you educate us on this complex process of porting the update? Or when you say you don’t want to give us false hopes do you know something you don’t want to share with us?

                          As some have posted that IG actually does the port, so other then the fact it will cost money. Which most of us have asked about a kickstarter, to see if we can offset the cost to TFP.

                          Maybe you could explain it so we do understand. Or do our requests fall on deaf ears.
                          First, TFP has to strike a new contract with IG. This will require lawyers, and several months of deliberation. Just this alone will cost a few mil.
                          Second, IG will need to resume work on the port. Do they have the same team members that worked on it before? If so that will be easier. Otherwise they will almost be starting over from scratch. Just to finish the current build that was almost ready for release will take several months, and will cost several million dollars.
                          Then once that happens, do they continue? Do they just drop it there? These kinds of things would have been negotiated back in the first step. It does not make sense to spend several million dollars just to release a patch though.

                          Which leads us to the other issue...

                          Originally posted by edigoon View Post
                          The only thing i need to know about 7 Days and Console is:
                          Imagine:
                          let's say in 2 years, there will be a team that will port the game to console
                          maybe it will be A20.
                          will the console get an update to the same version or will they have
                          to buy the game again?
                          Say they decide to continue and work into aligning the console to the final build. This is going to take a couple of years, and won't be released until after TFP have finished the original PC game. (This is really the next step, because after finishing the next update, any new updates hat aren't hotfixes for current code would require a new save.)
                          The issue with all of this is that it will break current saves. Both Sony and Microshaft have a rule set against this. So they would be unable to update the current version without designing a new process for keeping the old format semi-compatible. Which will take a lot of time and several million dollars. So in order to release the actual finished version, this will likely require a second game release.
                          Thank you TTG for ♥♥♥♥ing over console players on this one by announcing an Alpha build as a finished product.

                          Now after all of that is considered, you have the primary consideration before you even go onto any of this. Money.
                          Will continued support of the console port be financially feasible?
                          If TFP goes into this process and spends 30 million dollars on it, is there any chance of recouping that cost? They are a small indie developer. They don't have that kind of money to just throw away. Much research into sales forecasts will need to be done to determine if this will end up at least breaking even. And that also costs money.

                          So once again, I have given you a detailed description, but kept it simple enough for most people to understand. This is just the tip of what all is involved in doing a port. If you want more details, Google is your friend. I don't know why so many people have a problem using it for finding out simple information.

                          Comment


                            Update it, hire someone else to do it. You’ve obviously been very successful on PC. Don’t do your consumer like that! If the game is never going to be finished perhaps it should be removed from further purchase if the money isn’t going towards finishing a game. It’s sucks cause this game is amazing and has ALOT of potential, look at ARK. Wildcard took a broken game and revamped their Dev team and boom. Launch some DLC’s id pay for more content, just finish the game and keep adding to it. You’d make tons of money you have such a huge support

                            Comment


                              Isn't Iron Galaxy still collecting money from any sales of digital 7dtd on XBOX1/PS4 yet? They should be still in the loop. TFP should still be passing on any pc data to Iron Galaxy for ports patches/updates. TTG was just the publisher. Not sure they are needed are they? Game is out in the digital console store collecting money. I thought somebody here said PS4 had 7d2d on sale a month or so back.

                              I'm sure people are buying it yet. I think it is a shame that TFP actually bought the rights back. TFP only bought it back to maybe consider porting it to XBOX2/PS5 after PC version goes gold. As for SylenThunder "It will still cost millions of dollars. We've had this discussion already." Millions for what? Why not stew up a new deal with Iron Galaxy?

                              They probably still collecting money from digital sales yet for consoles. So they probably more less in the loop for royalties. Just have Iron Galaxy collect a percent of the cut of new pending sales after a few patches trinkle out. Yeah i'm sure they want some walking around money to start. But a million to maybe weasel out a old patch they have sitting on a PC ready to be ported and go through certification from XBOX1/PS4? Bit steep for a tiny game to begin with.

                              Heck didn't that one guy buy or take the rights over for that game then turned it into PUBG for PC then had that ported to consoles after. I'm sure that game making a haul. Subnautica doing well on consoles. ARK is making a killing. I just bought two other games as in Dawn of Man and Surviving the after math. I'm sure they collecting money.

                              Also I seen that tweet about 7dtd had most active player base or something on Steam. So if PC is doing good. What's the hold up other then when they decide the game is gold? TFP should be raking in the cash by now. Yet they go to a auction to buy TTG portion of their rights back to now hold the console version hostage. I don't think its right at all. Yet were suppose to forgive and go ahead and buy 7dtd on next gen consoles once that's ported though.

                              Or if 7dtd making a killing on PC. Then TFP should be hiring more people to make a new division for their company to be ready for console ports or updates possibly be their own publisher. Or pass their console rights up for grabs or sell the whole game to EA or somebody or heck even Microsoft. Microsoft bought Minecraft for $2.5 billion. Or have Microsoft buy TFP company. Microsoft always looking for new exclusive first party companies. I'm sure Microsoft could look into the coding and see the MD5 bug pretty quickly within a month or so of owning the rights.

                              Microsoft bought that other zombie game State of decay 1 & 2 Undead Labs company. Its exclusive first party game now. They go from hardly any updates to a update minimum of once a month with bigger budget. They adding new clothes and outfits and what not there.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by GRAW2ROBZ View Post
                                Isn't Iron Galaxy still collecting money from any sales of digital 7dtd on XBOX1/PS4 yet? They should be still in the loop. TFP should still be passing on any pc data to Iron Galaxy for ports patches/updates. TTG was just the publisher. Not sure they are needed are they? Game is out in the digital console store collecting money. I thought somebody here said PS4 had 7d2d on sale a month or so back.

                                I'm sure people are buying it yet. I think it is a shame that TFP actually bought the rights back. TFP only bought it back to maybe consider porting it to XBOX2/PS5 after PC version goes gold. As for SylenThunder "It will still cost millions of dollars. We've had this discussion already." Millions for what? Why not stew up a new deal with Iron Galaxy?

                                They probably still collecting money from digital sales yet for consoles. So they probably more less in the loop for royalties. Just have Iron Galaxy collect a percent of the cut of new pending sales after a few patches trinkle out. Yeah i'm sure they want some walking around money to start. But a million to maybe weasel out a old patch they have sitting on a PC ready to be ported and go through certification from XBOX1/PS4? Bit steep for a tiny game to begin with.

                                Heck didn't that one guy buy or take the rights over for that game then turned it into PUBG for PC then had that ported to consoles after. I'm sure that game making a haul. Subnautica doing well on consoles. ARK is making a killing. I just bought two other games as in Dawn of Man and Surviving the after math. I'm sure they collecting money.

                                Also I seen that tweet about 7dtd had most active player base or something on Steam. So if PC is doing good. What's the hold up other then when they decide the game is gold? TFP should be raking in the cash by now. Yet they go to a auction to buy TTG portion of their rights back to now hold the console version hostage. I don't think its right at all. Yet were suppose to forgive and go ahead and buy 7dtd on next gen consoles once that's ported though.

                                Or if 7dtd making a killing on PC. Then TFP should be hiring more people to make a new division for their company to be ready for console ports or updates possibly be their own publisher. Or pass their console rights up for grabs or sell the whole game to EA or somebody or heck even Microsoft. Microsoft bought Minecraft for $2.5 billion. Or have Microsoft buy TFP company. Microsoft always looking for new exclusive first party companies. I'm sure Microsoft could look into the coding and see the MD5 bug pretty quickly within a month or so of owning the rights.

                                Microsoft bought that other zombie game State of decay 1 & 2 Undead Labs company. Its exclusive first party game now. They go from hardly any updates to a update minimum of once a month with bigger budget. They adding new clothes and outfits and what not there.
                                you are stating the same anger most console players have right now. TFP have benefited since day 1 of the port but have given little back. Even as of today with them buying the rights back you must assume money is either going to TFP or IG...my bet is on TFP since they own the rights. Now it would be fair to say that with the money you have amassed and the fact you are benefiting from console sales that some interest would be returned. However tfp have said and have always said they are not into consoles they only care about the pc version. So yes they will take our money but no they arent going to give us anything in return. The focus has always been pc thats why pc continues to get free updates while consoles are left to wait for any possible change in status. Simply put the console player base would have benefited more from any other developer getting the rights over tfp.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X