Console News

The Fun Pimp

Damn, so the console version is essentially discontinued unless the pc version finds major success? I understand the necessity of that where the families of those employed at TFP are concerned, thanks for sharing the news. It's disheartening to see the console version go under like that, but perhaps, with time, it can be developed in the future to mirror the changes made to the PC version.

Thank you, TFP, for the update. Of course it's sad news for us all but I, for one, am glad that you were able to recover all the rights to the game. I wish you all the best for the PC version, if only that it may invigorate the possibility of a re-released console version. I'm still a big fan and will continue to play my console version of the game.

Good luck and God bless.

Wow, thanks for the update. I think we all knew it wasn’t financially going to happen for free. I hope that you might actually continue talking to the console section before the PC goes gold. Rather then the months of silence. You know get the pulse for how many of us would be willing to pay for DLC (update) for PS4 that Iron Galaxy was working on already. It has been said that the update was close to being finished. Maybe the cost of finishing that update could be offset by a kickstart/DLC option like the walking dead skins that TTG tried to offer. Since you have seen the numbers once already from the original sale of 7 days to die for console, re-releasing 7 days to die would due fairly well. I look forward to seeing it for PS5 next year.

Glad they finally said something even if it is essentially go pound sand, enjoy your severely broken game. What a shame

Look at it this way. They're dedicated to continuing work on it, but are more likely to wait until after the PC version is finished. Which quite honestly is what should have happened in the first place, but Telltale wanted to do differently.

If TellTale were capable of making better business decisions on stuff like this, they likely wouldn't be gone now. Also the console version wouldn't exist yet.

As stated before me, I would evaluate the console side before concluding anything.

There are still many who cherish the game, and would continue to support future progression. Even if it was offered as a paid DLC, (obviously depending on what the contents included), I think you would still find success.

Question is, have you talked to Iron Galaxy? Would they even be willing to step back up and continue their efforts? What happened wasn't TFP's fault, so I don't see why there would be any bad blood between you two.

Honestly, I would expect to see a version eventually after the PC is officially released. Especially with next Gen consoles. While that is depressing in itself, I'm still grateful for the version I own today. (Of course just a little envy of the new POI's and painting system still lol).

If at the least, would you be able to at the least work on the issues that plague consoles? Especially on the Xbox side? Just because I'm on PS4 doesn't mean they should be stuck with a broken game.

Still, at least we finally have some form of news regarding the state of things. Speculation's will spew forth, so who knows what to maybe see in the future.

But for now, I still got some mining to do for my future builds lol.

Many thanks to TFP's for keeping us in the loop. Also well done for getting your own rights back, just a shame you had to go through such a minefield to obtain them. As for console ( I am a console player ) I personally would never go near it again,If I were TFP's and it was my business! Pains me to say as much as like all console players we are desperate for an update, but I guess some people in this world are desperate for food! Puts things into perspective I guess! Still all being said and done i definitely feel like I got my money's worth from a game I played almost exclusively for over 2 years. Guess it's time to start saving up for a PC!

Folks,

we posted an official statement you can read here:

https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

:D Too late, I already upgraded my PC so that I could continue to play your fabulous game. It's nice to hear, as I did leave a lot of console friends behind to play this, but we might yet play again and they can see for themselves the amazing progress you have made TFP. Don't stop doing what you're doing, every trial and tribulation was worth it.

Folks,

we posted an official statement you can read here:

https://7daystodie.com/console-news/

So consol players are in fact getting the shaft after all this time? Man glad we all paid for a broken port that seemingly is as dead today as it was 2 years ago. Sorry not waiting for you to continue to pour money into pc players so i can maybe buy a new version of the game (or wait years for the current update already years behind). Bad business decision all the way around not sure its fair TFP are blaming anyone and washing their hands of it

Congrats Fun Pimps on getting the console rights back.

I agree with Freestyle604, lets get with Iron Galaxy to finish the last update they were working on. Fund it with kickstarter, paid dlc through consoles, or whatever.

I gotta disagree with SylenThunder on the "the game never should have been ported to console" statement. As this does unfortunately hold true for xbox users, the ps4 version runs perfectly fine. Had this game not been ported, i would probably have never heard of 7 Days to Die or even The Fun Pimps for that matter.

I would love nothing more than to jump back in & support this unique, awesome, & quite frankly revolutionary game. The countless hours I've put into this game are priceless!

In The Fun Pimps we trust!!!!

Desired Outcome: "Bury" the console version and "shaft" console players.

Strategy: Spend millions in court battles and other costs to re-acquire full rights to the console port.

Seems legit.

This is good news for console players because at least now there is a chance TFP could resurrect a console version. Not the same console version, but a version.

I look forward to 7 Days to Die II on Xbox Two, coming Christmas 2021.

Desired Outcome: "Bury" the console version and "shaft" console players.

Strategy: Spend millions in court battles and other costs to re-acquire full rights to the console port.

Seems legit.

This is good news for console players because at least now there is a chance TFP could resurrect a console version. Not the same console version, but a version.

I look forward to 7 Days to Die II on Xbox Two, coming Christmas 2021.

sure as long as you are willing to buy the new version of it on the new console assuming they get another company involved who knows console games. For those who bought it hoping it was a finished game or would at least see support this is not good news in any way. Either we are still years out from an update or we'll never get an update and instead be roped into buying another version of this game.

Thanks for sharing this Rick and taking the high road from what I can see.

I’m glad I switched to PC, but would not have discovered this game were it not for the console version. I can’t imagine how bummed folks are with this short term bleak conclusion for the port.

I hope the gaming community can move past it, 7D2D has a fantastic gold release, and one day I’ll be playing this split screen on whatever console with my wife again!

I feel like I've been scammed and stolen from. i did not buy this game to help crowd fund development and get screwed in the end for it. You pass off all the blame to Telltale. Why then, if you never expected it to be able to run on consoles eventually, did sell the rights at all? Surely TFT did not sell the console rights in the expectation that the purchaser/leaser would sit on them for years until the next gen console came out. There was absolutely NOTHING on the box about this not being a full game. It's extremely dishonest at best.

The tone of the update is also patronizing, as if console customers are owed nothing and that putting out this update was a grand favor. On TFT Youtube videos the devs regularly patronizing customers "whining" about things and they come out with this whiny update with a complete lack of self-awareness.

Thanks for letting us know what happened. People should not be mad at TFP for what happened. People need to remember that TFP developed 7 days to die for pc not console and as a business they have to look out for that business. At least they informed everyone what happened and they got the rights back. I'm glad for them. I will continue to play 7 days to die on the PS4 but I won't go out to buy another console just for a new game. I understand people are mad but remember if you were running a business you will have to make some hard choices also. People sit back and wait something else may change its a game.

Glad to hear you'll got the rights back and thank you for letting us know. People need to think TFP is a computer gaming company and 7 Days to Die was made for the PC not console at first. They got the rights back so anything could happen. Just sit back and wait. Its only and game. People remember if you have a business you may have to make some hard choices that you may not want to make. The same with TFP... I will continue to play the game on the PS4 and enjoy it as always. But I won't buy another console for the new release. Maybe a PC. Thanks again TFP.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the double post

I wouldn't be buying the new console just for this game. This game would just be a bonus to get to play on the new console. Look at it that way. I mean I wouldn't spend loads of money on a PC just for one game. I didn't buy my PC for one game nor did I buy any of the consoles I have for just one game.

It isn't going to help or change anyone's mind about how they feel about the news of this. Some people will be mad, angry, disappointed, betrayed and a list of all kinds of other emotions and some will feel all the above. The game was/is still fun to play on console as it is. It does suck that the current gen will most likely not get any more attention. It would be nice to at least get the bugs worked out. But it is what it is and can understand why. The current console wasn't goin to be able to handle much more anyway and really should of never came to current gen console anyway. One can say they never would of known about but if it comes on next gen consoles one would of heard about it then. The next gen console will be able to handle this game not just bits and pieces of it. But anyway it did come out and still had/have fun playing with friends from time to time. Got a lot of play time in it so I got my money worth out of the console version even if it is what it is. So as for me personally can't really complain much. But I reallly do hope the next gen consoles gets a new release after PC goes gold. I like playing PC but I also enjoy laying in bed laying down playing and not sitting in a chair whenever I wanna play. So I would be happy to be able to play the same version 2 different ways.

.....Which quite honestly is what should have happened in the first place, but Telltale wanted to do differently.

If TellTale were capable of making better business decisions on stuff like this, they likely wouldn't be gone now. Also the console version wouldn't exist yet.

lol, telltale wanted to do differently?

are we supposed to believe telltale was calling the shots at TFP's

this is getting ridiculous, I know you really, really dont want to accept the TFP's role in this mess but you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

no one forced TFP's to do anything, if the game wasnt ready for port, why was it ported? TT couldn't have moved ahead without TFP's consent and of course a contract.

so, in reality (and I know this is gonna hurt but the truth will set you free) if TFP's were capable of making better business decisions on stuff like this, they likely wouldn't of had to just spend a bunch of money and time to get the rights back to a game that never should have been contracted out in the first place.

this is getting ridiculous, I know you really, really dont want to accept the TFP's role in this mess but you're not fooling anyone but yourself.

no one forced TFP's to do anything, if the game wasnt ready for port, why was it ported? TT couldn't have moved ahead without TFP's consent and of course a contract.

so, in reality (and I know this is gonna hurt but the truth will set you free) if TFP's were capable of making better business decisions on stuff like this, they likely wouldn't of had to just spend a bunch of money and time to get the rights back to a game that never should have been contracted out in the first place.

The reality is that TellTale approached TFP wanting to do a console port. Yes, TFP gave consent. However TellTale games are who decided to sell it off as a finished product.

The reality is that TellTale approached TFP wanting to do a console port. Yes, TFP gave consent. However TellTale games are who decided to sell it off as a finished product.

Yeah TFP didn't have to sell the rights that is true but they sold the rights because they had reasons at the time to have a different idea that would come from it. Not one person not one would think oh this company is going bankrupt in a few years so no we better not sell to them. So yes they sold the rights but once they did TT didn't have to ask for anything and could of chose to not to do one update at all if they wanted to stop when it released. Nothing TFP could of done about it. Think some people think that TFP made all the decisions for console when all they did was sell the rights. They made it clear they when they sold the rights they didn't have time to do PC and console and that the game going to console would not effect moving forward for PC at all.

This is good news and as an avid player on console I will continue to support the fun pimps in any way. I woud be willing to lose my saved games for a worth while update. I would even be willing to pay for an updated version as well. 7 days to die is by far the best craft building survival game of all time and I have played them all. Looking forward to what the future brings.

Thank you TFP, I bought this game many moons ago and have gotten a ton of fun out of it and caused many of my friends to buy it as well. It has honestly been one of the best game investments for me ever. I appreciate that y'all have the rights and hope you get back your investments a thousand fold. When I heard news about the announcement of course I had hoped for better but feared for worse. Realistically I understand your decisions and while I agree with others regarding a desire for DLC, if not I will still be satisfied for a new game in the future. Thank you for updating us after going through the attorneys and tons of paper work and giving us a heads up.