[INFO] The Sections of the Forums

Clare

Hi all,

I thought it would be a good idea to let you know how I float around the forums and what happens in different sections so you know the best places to post what. Hopefully this'll help everything flow a bit better.

News and Announcements

I post updates from the team as well as patch notes and any surveys or requests for data from the team. New threads can't be created here but you are welcome to comment on any open threads. Please keep it on topic and do NOT report any bugs in these threads.

General Discussion

Often announcements made in N+A will be put in here too so to be sure everyone sees them. This section is for general discussion about the game, tactics, any suggestions for the game you might have as well as any fun posts you may like to create. Please do NOT report any bugs in here. You may discuss bugs, but do not expect me to address a bug in the GD.

Multiplayer

Kind of like general discussion, but for multiplayer, you can discuss tactics, get assistance etc. This area also has two sub sections, one for PS4 and one for XB1 you can use these to find like minded players as well as players who may speak other languages - However, when issuing requests for players please do so in English, the mods need to be able to read what you are posting too. Please do NOT report any bugs in here.

General Support

If you're finding something a bit tricky, don't know where to look for clay or just need a helping hand, this is the place for you. You can also use this area to check if something is by design or if it is indeed a bug before making a report - This is not a requirement, but if you are in this is probably the best place to double check. Do NOT report any actual bugs in this area, if you decide it is a bug, or are still not sure head to the Console Bug Reports section.

Console Bug Reports

This is where I spend most of my time. Any issues or bugs you have found should be reported here and here only. If your issue has been reported already you can add your account to that thread. However if the thread is older than 5 weeks, please start a new thread with your issue as things may have changed between patches. When starting a new thread (or commenting on another) please always include your game settings, as well as console type and as much info as you can about the bug. Please use the guide: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?47268-IMPORTANT-Please-read-BEFORE-posting if you do not give enough information I will need to ask you to give as much info as possible using the guide anyway, it is best to give as much info as possible from the start to save time. I also pass these accounts onto the team, so if you are posting multiple reports of different bugs, please list the settings each time. If you are talking about a bug that happened in two saves you had, please list the settings for both.

There are two subsections in the console bug reports area - Confirmed is for some of the most common bugs that have been reported. It is always a good idea to check that area before reporting issues, however please note it is only the most common. Just because your bug doesn't get posted there afterwards does not mean it is not confirmed, it just may not be as common. Fixed is for any of the issues in Confirmed that have been patched. If you notice something in Fixed is happening to you, please start a new report in the main area as it could be a similar result from a different cause.

While you cannot start threads in either of the subsections, please do not hijack threads with reports or questions unrelated to the issue in question.

General Rules

- Report issues in a respectful manner. I understand a lot of these issues can be frustrating but bashing developers and name calling does not get your issue sorted any faster. We are here to help you.

- Do NOT hijack threads. If you want to get my attention, just simply post about your issue, I do my best to get to all new posts in console bug reports each day. Hijacking the top thread will only lead to me asking you to move it or create a new thread which wastes time. Bugs can also easily get lost this way the same way they would if you posted them in any other section if I am focusing on the issue the OP is having.

- No repetitive posting. If you know there is an issue, and you have already created a post about it, do not create a new one every patch unless it was supposed to be fixed and the fix failed. If the fix isn't listed, the fix didn't make it to that patch. You are welcome to ask if I have any updates in your original threads, but please do not create new threads to do this - they will be merged with your original post or moved to General Discussion.

Notes

- If I have info I will post it. If there is no info on A15 or any of the common issues in News and Announcements, then I don't have the info yet

- The same goes for time scales for up coming fixes. The best example of this is the announcement of the POI fix, I posted this ASAP after I was told there was a fix coming in Patch 5, however I do not know yet what date is set for patch 5. I shall try and avoid the dreaded word "Soon" as much as possible. I will always strive to get as much information as possible from the teams for the community.

- The official forum rules are located here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87-Official-Forum-Rules-and-Guidelines I recommend giving them a read too. (Thanks SilvenWolf for the reminder!)

That's all for now. I will update this if I think of anything else or if anything changes. I am also open to any suggestions, if I forgot something, please let me know in a comment below.

Thanks,

Clare

Archived