Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[12/17] Message from the Team - Hotfix Inbound

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [12/17] Message from the Team - Hotfix Inbound

    Greetings!

    The team asked me to inform you of a hotfix (details below) that'll be arriving in the coming days. It has been submitted to Sony and MS and will go live once it is approved. Because there is only a fix and no new added features it may go live for one console before the other depending on how long approval is for each company as the team want to get this out ASAP.

    I won't be doing a second (or third) announcement once it goes live, but we wanted to give you a heads up before it does so when you see 6.1, you wont be left wondering.

    Usual stuff
    -Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
    -No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.


    ------

    7 Days to Die [Console]
    Release Notes
    Patch 6.1
    PS4 Version 1.09
    XB1 Version 1.0.9.0

    Hi all! We would like to announce the release of Patch 6.1.

    Shortly after Patch 6 was released, we found that when a player would interact with the terrain near a certain tree it would cause MD5 errors.

    This patch will fix that issue!

    Thanks, as always, for your continued support!

    #2
    Thank you team great work

    Comment


      #3
      So this will fix all of the MD5 ERRORS or just a new issue post patch?

      Comment


        #4
        :-)

        Thanks, every little bit helps,if santa is watching all I want for xmas is always open servers with at least 8 players plzzzzz thank you

        Comment


          #5
          Can someone explain what md5 errors are?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Thekodemeister View Post
            Can someone explain what md5 errors are?
            It's the terrain reset issues that people are having where all of a sudden their base is gone. MD5 is a hash algorithm so I'm guessing the game engine uses that as a checksum mechanism and if it finds a checksum error in the game world it resets the terrain back to the original state.

            Comment


              #7
              To be clear this is only this cause of the MD5 error. If you think you have found a cause please post in Console Bug Reports section.

              Comment


                #8
                Crate drop icon glitched

                So there are 2 icons on my map that wont go away. This happened on my last play through. And when I loaded up the game they are still there.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by mrdiamond666 View Post
                  So there are 2 icons on my map that wont go away. This happened on my last play through. And when I loaded up the game they are still there.
                  Please make a bug report in the correct forums.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by mrdiamond666 View Post
                    So there are 2 icons on my map that wont go away. This happened on my last play through. And when I loaded up the game they are still there.
                    Most likely they have ended up in the ground. Try to place yourself right on top of it and dig straight down. Happened to me as well.

                    And don't forget to bring wooden frames so you can get out of there as well.
                    Last edited by DeathGrowl; 12-19-2016, 07:51 AM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Which tree model is it Clare, do you know? I guess it doesn't matter though, since the hot fix will take care of it. Did the game need to crash, in order for this bug involving the tree to take effect? I only ask, because I swear my base got reset while I was in the middle of playing, in a different part of the world. No crashing occurred.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm actually not sure what tree it was... But it has happened to some people where they'd venture out from their base and they chunk they base is in could unload, and loading back in can sometimes cause an MD5, but the more common issue is with crashing.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Whenever I load my map my game crashes. I'm on ps4 and I am the only person who I know that is having this issue.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Cxrwin, please submit a full report in the Console Bug Reports section and I will get back to you asap.

                            - - - Updated - - -

                            Originally posted by K-Lude View Post
                            Which tree model is it Clare, do you know? I guess it doesn't matter though, since the hot fix will take care of it. Did the game need to crash, in order for this bug involving the tree to take effect? I only ask, because I swear my base got reset while I was in the middle of playing, in a different part of the world. No crashing occurred.
                            Okay it is possible this was the bugged tree. The team told me it would not have caused a crash, but you built in the area of the tree the loading of that area with the bugged tree could cause a wipe. If you are on PS4 (sorry cant remember which you are) that should not happen. If you are on XB1 and you havent got 6.1 yet, you may be safer to move.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Clare View Post
                              - - - Updated - - -



                              Okay it is possible this was the bugged tree. The team told me it would not have caused a crash, but you built in the area of the tree the loading of that area with the bugged tree could cause a wipe. If you are on PS4 (sorry cant remember which you are) that should not happen. If you are on XB1 and you havent got 6.1 yet, you may be safer to move.
                              Yeah, I'm on the X1, and haven't gotten a chance to play it yet today... My forge and the rest of the goodies were outside the base because I wasn't done building, so thankfully they didn't get wiped. I'm looking forward to the day when this bug gets wiped, though, as I'm sure many other players are as well.
                              Last edited by K-Lude; 12-19-2016, 09:33 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X