[04/08] Message from the Team - MD5 Info

Clare

Hi all,

Below is a message from the team regarding MD5 Errors

First, let us say thank you for your patience as we work through the issues with MD5 resets. We are continuously looking for ways to improve stability and tracking down causes for MD5 resets is at the forefront of those efforts. To help us track down these issues, we’ve added analytics to the game to capture as much data as possible when an MD5 mismatch is detected. With this data, we have been able to find and fix several causes of MD5 errors. In the last few patches, we submitted fixes for several of these issues and the early results from analytics shows that the number of MD5 errors has decreased dramatically. That said, we will continue tracking these issues and look for ways to fix them as we find them. Once again, thank you for your patience and for being an awesome community.

Thank you guys for continuing to pass on your MD5 error info, I would recommend those who want to share their details continue to do so, having information from all sides gives us more chances to catch and fix these issues!

Thanks,

Clare

Thanks for an update!

Thank you for the Updates! I was playing yesterday and my map reset I wonder if Zombie body left on the ground or mass grinding cause after I mass grinned clay over 30k clay they game crashed and once I got back on my base was gone.

:dispirited:

I apologize if I am not suppose to post this here I am new just signed up yesterday. I have had this on console for a while and been dealing with the base resetting a lot. Thought I post it here since it is kinda on topic.

Hi B4Linxs,

Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear you experienced an MD5 issue. All the information on this issue is here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?50175-Known-Issue-Terrain-Rewriting

If you would like to share the details of what happened to you, please do so at the link above, this is where I'm collecting info. If you'd like to discuss the issue with me, you can submit a report in the bug report section.

Clare

• 1 month later...

Please, stop focusing that MD5 and give us some new updates and content. This MD5 occurs on minority of players and for that reason halts new stuff coming on us "no problemos" players. I think MD5 is caused by old and messed up consoles that are under heavy dust and HDD full of junk so consoles can't handle gamesavings anymore. Get a grip! Clean your gear! and don't let the consoles overheat.

Rant is over.

Thanks!

Yours Mr E

Work on MD5s will not stop in favour of content, primarily because it would not need to. Different team members work on different aspects of updates, I have mentioned before new content is coming soon. At the same time work is still being done on the MD5 errors.

Information on new content will be posted in News and Announcements when it is available.

This thread has served it's purposed so I'm going to close it.

• 8 months later...

My exp so far

I have encountered this error a few times and know glitches are to be expected in an alpha.. frustrating but that’s what you get right??

This is advice for gamers who wish to work around the glitch so they can continue playing.

Thus far I’m cautious to modify existing buildings too heavily if I don’t want the added items within the plot to be erased. It seems the size of the building matters.. so the higher the percentage of a building modified the more likely it will happen, especially when replacing blocks with different types of blocks, such as a window to concrete.

Blocks will flash for a split second before the glitch happens. I have stopped the glitch from occurring by manually quitting and restarting the game. Seemed to stabilize after the reload. Panning the camera while the flashing occurs will cause the glitch almost immediately, while not moving will allow you to see the blocks become transparent over and over until an eventual failure, a good window to manually restart..

It has also occurred in an underground base under a hill, not sure what caused this since it happened several in game weeks after the building and modifications were completed, but that was in 1.0.15 so hopefully that trigger has passed.

Great game, love it. Keep up the good work, excited for this game’s future.

A user months ago posted a work around for potentially losing hours or even days of work invested. This is only for Xbox ONE users. Anytime the game crashes, simply go to your xbox settings - storage - clear local saved games. This will allow the game to sync the last stable game save from the cloud when you turn the game back on. So far I have not lost any progress doing this little trick. I also will note that I’ve had tons of crashes in my current play through and I’m only on Day 20. It will be a joyous day when I can play for more than a few hours without a crash.

Hi all,

Below is a message from the team regarding MD5 Errors

First, let us say thank you for your patience as we work through the issues with MD5 resets. We are continuously looking for ways to improve stability and tracking down causes for MD5 resets is at the forefront of those efforts. To help us track down these issues, we’ve added analytics to the game to capture as much data as possible when an MD5 mismatch is detected. With this data, we have been able to find and fix several causes of MD5 errors. In the last few patches, we submitted fixes for several of these issues and the early results from analytics shows that the number of MD5 errors has decreased dramatically. That said, we will continue tracking these issues and look for ways to fix them as we find them. Once again, thank you for your patience and for being an awesome community.

Thank you guys for continuing to pass on your MD5 error info, I would recommend those who want to share their details continue to do so, having information from all sides gives us more chances to catch and fix these issues!

Thanks,

Clare

That good I really enjoy the game but when are we getting new stuff for console also in news section I never see any info on console version just PC not that I hate the game I just want to do more. Maybe add more NPCs maybe a raider faction with a few others

That good I really enjoy the game but when are we getting new stuff for console also in news section I never see any info on console version just PC not that I hate the game I just want to do more. Maybe add more NPCs maybe a raider faction with a few others

This should probably be plastered in every thread in the console section.

It will happen when one of the following things occur.

• Consoles get better hardware where it matters, instead of where it doesn't. (most recent update was just GPU.)
  • The Unity Engine gets optimized on the console platform better, so that it requires fewer resources.

You have to understand, that the main reason the console is missing the stuff the PC has is because it does not have the hardware to support it. This is covered in great detail in the Console General Discussion forum sticky thread.

Finally, no one will be able to tell you when something is going to happen. Unless that is, It's already been announced in the Announcements Forum.

Please don't Necropost in an info thread about a bug asking for new stuff... This thread is from august of last year and you could end up being flagged by mods. Going to close this thread to prevent further posts.

As for other MD5 info, you're better off posting it in the Console Bug Reports section, as I'm more likely to see it there. Any updates about the error from the team will get a new thread in this section and also be posted in the confirmed thread.

Archived