[04/21] Title Change and Clare-ification

Clare

Hi all!

So no doubt some of you will have noticed that my title under my username has gone from "Fun Pimps Staff" to "Console Community Manager". I wanted to take this opportunity to clarify my role.

As community manager for the console, I’m the contact between you and the Teams working on the game - TFP, TTG and IGS. Most of the time, I’m monitoring what you guys are saying and thinking about as well as helping with bug reports from the Console Bug Report section and passing on community feedback about the game to the development teams.

Some players have commented before, that they only get a response from me, but never hear from TTG or IGS. My original title might have been a bit confusing, as it make it seem like only TFP were responding. In actual fact, while I was labeled “Fun Pimps Staff” I was really 7DTD Staff and I'm technically a representative of the console development team. So when you get a response from me, it's a response from the console team as a whole as I am working on their behalf. So TTG and IGS are not ignoring console players or shifting responsibility - they are actually here, via me. Believe me, we discuss lots of bug and issues information, as well as regular updates on the community as a whole on a daily basis. We’re highly engaged as we really care about the game and what you guys think.

We wanted to keep this community together, rather than splitting it up, so adding a console section to the already established forums made the most sense. Some of you play Console and PC, some just one or the other but we're all in here enjoying the game together. This is why Console Support is being run from here. Not only can you report issues directly to me, but you're also posting publicly - I can't even count the number of times this community has gathered together on a bug and shared all their information to help squash it. We are very thankful for this! There's also a group of regulars (you know who you are) who help spread what they know when I'm not around - even about bugs they've never had! This is an awesome community and I wouldn't have it any other way.

So, the following places, which some players have already contacted, will redirect here to the forum: IGS, TTG, TFP, Facebook Twitter and Reddit. This is where Support is run from and this is where I am. I wanted to be able to respond to everyone in time and not miss anything as well as keep all information public.

I hope this clears up some confusion that's been floating around and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer as best I can.

Clare

+5 Style Skill

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone and doing it with class

giphy.gif

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great Clare-ification.

So many people have used that pun now I figured I might as well use it in an official manner :)

Liked your de-Clare-ation

(ok not correct spelling but what the heck)

Ooouch, the puns... they hurt >_<

- - - Updated - - -

First.

latest?cb=20150731213044

- - - Updated - - -

That turned out a lot bigger than I expected, lol, sorry Skippy! ^_^

Thank you for explaining how it all works; hopefully this will put to rest the fears some have that the console has been abandoned.

Thank you too for all your hard work; you provide so much help and support and it really is appreciated!

Thanks Clare, I went to leave a comment on the A16 about a video but it must have gotten deleted so heres the shorter version, thank you to the entire 7DTD staff for all your hard work and dedication. As a fan of the game, I appreciate it. Madmole, Clare, Roland, everybody, genuine thanks from an Xbox player.

Hard to enjoy a game when it crashes alot might want to tell them to focus on that in fact ill post a video of how many times it does crash then they can tell me when amd if they are ever going to fix it because from the time this game came out for console there hasnt been a single thing that pervents single player or multiplayer from crashing every few mintues yet. You might also want to tell them to add something alot more better in the next update that is more important then those stupid signs like increasing the chance to find the almost impossible nail gun i just got it today and i had to have my scavage skill to 90 by the time i got it i no longer needed it.

Hi Darklight666

So this post is an information post for those who were unsure of my role. I understand that the game crashing a lot can be very frustrating for a lot of players, even the ones that have started to work around it. If you post a video, please do so in the Console Bug Reports section with all the details of your game (If you've already done so, please link me to it, I may not have gotten that far yet today). I have a feeling I know what could be causing this for you, but without all the details it would be hard to say for sure. If it is what I'm thinking, then this is something the team are aware of and are working on increasing the stability of the game to reduce the crashes. And there have already been multiple crash fixes in past patches but as not everyone has the same crashes, some players may not have noticed the fixes.

I have stated in previous posts that new content is coming soon and I hope to be able to share more on what that new content is in the coming weeks. I'm sorry you didn't like the signs, a lot of players found them quiet handy, but understandable others would not. Content is a mixed bag, we'll probably never add a new piece of content that makes every player happy or that every player finds useful.

The Nailgun is one of the rarest items in the game. Aside from checking the regular haunts, killing lumberjacks and upping your scavanging, that's all you can do, some find it withing their first days, some go hundreds of days without one. The rarity is set by the TFP, so they would need to decide to change it first. But the great thing about the items in the game, as you said yourself, eventually you don't need them. But they are very handy when building early in the game.

Clare

Thanks Clare, you do an excellent job keeping everyone in the loop. Im still loving the game and ive found the recent changes awesome. Dogs, signs,terrian and the minibikes have really helped the polished feel of my gaming experience. Im sympathetic to darklight, crashing would be frustrating. I havent had a crashed in many months. Yeah, ill risk jinxing It, with confidence. Thanks for Clarely and Clare-fully deClareing your Clarevoyant Clare-ical disCla re mer Clare. *wince*. Painful but necessary, sorry. Im going to eat my cylindrical, chocolate, creamfilled doughnut now.

Thanks Clare, you do an excellent job keeping everyone in the loop. Im still loving the game and ive found the recent changes awesome. Dogs, signs,terrian and the minibikes have really helped the polished feel of my gaming experience. Im sympathetic to darklight, crashing would be frustrating. I havent had a crashed in many months. Yeah, ill risk jinxing It, with confidence. Thanks for Clarely and Clare-fully deClareing your Clarevoyant Clare-ical disCla re mer Clare. *wince*. Painful but necessary, sorry. Im going to eat my cylindrical, chocolate, creamfilled doughnut now.

woah... ok, I think we now have a winner when it comes to PUNishment....

Archived