Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOTFIX INBOUND - Patch 10.1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HOTFIX INBOUND - Patch 10.1

    **Update: confirmed as submitted and approved, will be released Monday**

    **Update2: Change of plan, it's out now**


    Hi all,

    I wanted to give you a heads up that a hotfix is on the way from the team. This will address 3 things the community has brought to out attention since the release of Patch 10.

    - Special Characters
    Translations of new items in the game were missing special characters making them difficult to search for or read. All translations should now read as normal.

    - Darkness
    Adjustments have been made to the lighting levels in the game.

    - Fog/Mist
    This will no longer enter buildings and will be less opaque overall.

    As will all hotfix announcements I only post once, they don't have the same submission and release posts full patches do, so keep an eye out for it!

    This hotfix will only address these 3 items in the game. All other issues reported so far are still being looked into. If you wish to report an issue yourself, please post in the Console Bug Reports section and I will get back to you asap - Do not post bug reports below!

    I also do not have info on feature updates or any bugs beyond what I have already posted on the forums.

    Please keep this thread civil and on topic, it is for the discussion of this hotfix ONLY.

    Thank you,
    Clare
    Last edited by Clare; 07-14-2017, 11:27 PM.

    #2
    Brilliant news! Thanks Clare 👍

    Comment


      #3
      NOO! But i loved the Darkness and the dense mist. The game looked great thanks to those two new features. Made the game look creepy. Guess ill have to make sure not to apply said hot-fix. No clue why people cry about every little thing. Its like they say if it isnt broken dont fix it. And thanks for the heads up. And i am loving the new patch. TFP did an amazing job thank you.
      Last edited by LONEWOLF231; 07-14-2017, 02:25 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        The mist was kinda cool in the buildings. You had broken windows and doors to make the mist travel inside. That was cool I have to say.

        Comment


          #5
          Will this only take effect on new maps?

          Comment


            #6
            Thank you! It was a real problem with visibility. Normally we have a person keeping watch for wandering hordes and animals, so it had lost a lot of effectiveness

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by TLH069 View Post
              The mist was kinda cool in the buildings. You had broken windows and doors to make the mist travel inside. That was cool I have to say.


              I highly agree. It added a sense of realism. But ohh well it was good till it lasted. Need to check out what other things people are complaining about. lol

              @Xlxfearlessxlx


              Really??? Never had a problem myself and i am flying solo. I can easily spot everything even through the dense mist. Its not hard at all. But ohh well guess the game got too hard for some people. What TFP needs to do rather than completely change the mist they should add an option to choose the density.
              Last edited by LONEWOLF231; 07-14-2017, 02:40 PM.

              Comment


                #8
                Fantastic, but this doesnt fix those dang dogs? zomg! lol 8) Happy Friday

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Elliannia View Post
                  Will this only take effect on new maps?
                  Will double check, but as it's all atmospheric, it shouldn't need a new map. But will clarify for special characters etc.

                  - - - Updated - - -

                  To be clear, the mist/fog and darkness aren't going anywhere, we are just adjusting them to match A15.

                  Darkness was a touch darker than the PC counterpart when brought over.
                  Mist shouldn't have been that thick or inside buildings - this was fixed at a later date on PC, we're basically adding that in.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Platypusmuerte View Post
                    Fantastic, but this doesnt fix those dang dogs? zomg! lol 8) Happy Friday
                    No adjustments being made there as of yet. They are working on removing waterland spawns as far as I know though.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Clare View Post
                      Will double check, but as it's all atmospheric, it shouldn't need a new map. But will clarify for special characters etc.

                      - - - Updated - - -

                      To be clear, the mist/fog and darkness aren't going anywhere, we are just adjusting them to match A15.

                      Darkness was a touch darker than the PC counterpart when brought over.
                      Mist shouldn't have been that thick or inside buildings - this was fixed at a later date on PC, we're basically adding that in.


                      Ohhh i see cool cool. Thanks for the Clarification Clare.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        First time I saw the fog inside my base i was cooking grilled meat at the camp fire and I thought, damn that is next level immersion.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I liked the darkness....made lighting seem usefull.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Anyone has issues like snow entered to their bases? I have a small bunker made with concrete and the snow still pass

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Darkhyron View Post
                              Anyone has issues like snow entered to their bases? I have a small bunker made with concrete and the snow still pass
                              Thats interesting about the snow, it does rain inside my base but only on the crafting table and forges though lol.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X