[12/11] Message from the Team - Patch 13 in Submission!

Clare

Hi all!

Passing on the Patch 13 notes from the team as the Patch is now in Submission with Sony and MS :)

The usual bit first of course...

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated

- You should NOT need to start a new save unless otherwise stated by the team.

- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.

- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.

- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.

- I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes not mentioned in the notes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

Now on to the notes!

---------------

7 Days to Die [Console]

Release Notes

Patch 13.0

PS4 Version 1.18

XB1 Version 1.0.18.0

Patch 13 is just around the corner and you know what that means! A long—but by no means exhaustive—list of the fixes and improvements we’ve got in store for you! Check it out below:

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Gameplay

· Fixed an issue that would prevent a smelted material from being usable, even when it was available in the Forge

· Fixed an issue that would cause the quest to find a trader to require a specific trader to be found; now it will pick the nearest trader and update the target when the player moves closer to another

· Fixed an issue that would cause the trader’s UI to close when a second player would exit a container in split-screen multiplayer

· Fixed an issue that would cause the “Cannot Breathe” indicator to vanish when underwater

· Fixed an issue that would cause stamina to decrease while walking after being teleported from a Trader settlement

· Fixed an instance of an issue that would occasionally cause blocks to spawn without support and create a mass collapse when broken

· Fixed an issue that cause interactive objects to be interacted with when an object on top of them was picked up

· Fixed an issue that allowed medical items to be used on certain inanimate objects (like minibikes)

· Fixed an issue that caused a destroyed bedroll’s indicator to persist after rejoining the game session

· Fixed an issue that would cause terrain to deform after a zombie would decay on top of it

· Fixed an issue that occasionally caused items being repaired to have their level dropped to 1

Art/Audio

· Fixed an issue that was causing distant terrain to render using different shaders than in previous patches

· Fixed an issue that would cause weather effects to impact hosts and clients with different severities

· Fixed an issue that caused the underwater effects to disappear when viewed through a Sniper Rifle scope

· Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent all but the first letter of long words from being displayed on wooden signs

· Fixed an issue that allowed the player to shrink a torch in an active toolbelt slot

System/Stability

· Fixed a crash that would occur when combining certain clothing items on the workbench and equipping them

· Fixed an issue that would cause the world to regenerate after the console had its language changed

We hope you’re all excited for Patch 13. Thank you for being the fantastic community you are!

-----------------------------

I'll be back again when the patch goes LIVE!

Cheers!

Clare

Woo fix them bugs. Heya Clare can you pass on a message to thank devs for continuously working on the console version for us.

P.s. pay clare more blueberry pies

P.s.s. i hope devs threw in a christmas present in this patch for us like one new zombie type :D that would be awesome.

Thanks, hopefully some more fixes are soon to come. Keep up the good work.

For those that are hoping for more content I personally wouldn't be getting hopes up any time soon. It will most likely be several months or so before any word on more A16 content comes. The next several updates will most likely just be bug fixes and such.

Crap...such a bummer to not get electricity,traps and turrets. It makes the game completely different. While PC can kill zed with slicing traps,zap fences,shotgun turrets, auto turrets and lots more console is restricted to killing them with a piece of wood..

At bare minimum we should have gotten arch ways and some of the other blocks 8(

Don't get me wrong I love the game I just think it's messed up we all paid for the same game but we plan to different ones!!! I just think If there's an update for one it should be for all So If it can't be on Xbox or playstation they should put it out for PC!!

How is it messed up? It isn't even a finished game. They started on pc like way way before console. TFP are not even working on console they are trying to finish a game that they are making. TT came to TFP and asked to bring what they had in A14 to console. That they would handle the console side so they could focus on finishing the game. They made it pretty clear that they was not guaranteeing anything past A14 because they don't know what the console could handle but they would try and match pc as close as possible. They only bring finished work from pc to console. Pc is in A16 just one alpha ahead right now. It will most likely stay at the very least one alpha behind pc because they only bring finished work over. If pc is currently in A16 then they are still working on things as pc gets multiple A16 releases. This is one reason why they call console a finished game that and no guarantee anything else will work on console. It really isn't messed up it just the way it is. If you feel it is then I don't know what to tell you because it isn't going to change. Console most likely will not get more A16 content until they release A17 on pc and that is still many many months away. No guarantee that some of that stuff from A16 will make it to console anyway. Those traps and stuff eat up a lot of memory on pc as it is right now. Maybe they will get it worked out for console who knows. But either way I would about guarantee console isn't getting more content for several months. The next several updates will be bug fixes to fix the problems at hand right now.

I agree

Don't get me wrong I love the game I just think it's messed up we all paid for the same game but we plan to different ones!!! I just think If there's an update for one it should be for all So If it can't be on Xbox or playstation they should put it out for PC!!

I agree, no two versions are the same, i think its awesome that we have it on console but i get so jealous when i see all the cool stuff pc has and realize we have a basic glorified minecraft. I understand that there is a difference in the programming but we all payed for the same game, it would be great to get some of the new content at least.

I agree, no two versions are the same, i think its awesome that we have it on console but i get so jealous when i see all the cool stuff pc has and realize we have a basic glorified minecraft. I understand that there is a difference in the programming but we all payed for the same game, it would be great to get some of the new content at least.

We all payed for the same game, yeah, but we knew it was in alpha so we knew it wasn't finished. The console version is just one step behind the PC version so its just less finished than the Pc version. The game was originally PC so I'm surprised the console version has all the stuff up to alpha 15. You didn't buy a full game, you bought access to play an unfinished alpha version of the game. It sucks seeing all the stuff we are missing out on but its also a look at what is to come and what to get excited for next. The current console version is equivalent to alpha 15 and PC is only on alpha 16 so its not like its a completely different game. The only thing console players really miss out on that PC players have is mods.

The only thing console players really miss out on that PC players have is mods.

That is so far from the truth it isn't even funny. We are missing out advanced rotations, the expanded skills/perks, compound bow, all of the electrical options, the locked down workbench/forge/chem station (B.S. - because I think it is B.S. you can't move your own stuff anymore, but nonetheless, console doesn't have that), added zombies and animals, and the list goes on and on.

Archived