[12/13] Message from the Team - Patch 13 LIVE at 01:00 UTC!

Clare

Hi all!

Back again with the news that the latest patch is going live at 01:00 UTC Thursday / 5pm PST today (Wednesday)!

The usual bit and the notes from the team follow below!

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated

- You should NOT need to start a new save unless otherwise stated by the team.

- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.

- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.

- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.

- I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes not mentioned in the notes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

---------------

7 Days to Die [Console]

Release Notes

Patch 13.0

PS4 Version 1.18

XB1 Version 1.0.18.0

Patch 13 should be hitting your consoles today! We hope you enjoy the bug fixes and improvements. See below to see what’s included.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Gameplay

· Fixed an issue that would prevent a smelted material from being usable, even when it was available in the Forge

· Fixed an issue that would cause the quest to find a trader to require a specific trader to be found; now it will pick the nearest trader and update the target when the player moves closer to another

· Fixed an issue that would cause the trader’s UI to close when a second player would exit a container in split-screen multiplayer

· Fixed an issue that would cause the “Cannot Breathe” indicator to vanish when underwater

· Fixed an issue that would cause stamina to decrease while walking after being teleported from a Trader settlement

· Fixed an instance of an issue that would occasionally cause blocks to spawn without support and create a mass collapse when broken

· Fixed an issue that cause interactive objects to be interacted with when an object on top of them was picked up

· Fixed an issue that allowed medical items to be used on certain inanimate objects (like minibikes)

· Fixed an issue that caused a destroyed bedroll’s indicator to persist after rejoining the game session

· Fixed an issue that would cause terrain to deform after a zombie would decay on top of it

· Fixed an issue that occasionally caused items being repaired to have their level dropped to 1

Art/Audio

· Fixed an issue that was causing distant terrain to render using different shaders than in previous patches

· Fixed an issue that would cause weather effects to impact hosts and clients with different severities

· Fixed an issue that caused the underwater effects to disappear when viewed through a Sniper Rifle scope

· Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent all but the first letter of long words from being displayed on wooden signs

· Fixed an issue that allowed the player to shrink a torch in an active toolbelt slot

System/Stability

· Fixed a crash that would occur when combining certain clothing items on the workbench and equipping them

· Fixed an issue that would cause the world to regenerate after the console had its language changed

Have a blast with Patch 13! We can't wait to hear what you think about it all.

-----------------------------

Enjoy!

Clare

Great news, that didn't take long. Keep up the good work.

First!

Too bad I won't be playing with it tonight. Have to work on the car engine in the snow. >.<

Gotta work tonight about to go to bed so me either lol.

But to be honest I never knew you played console lol I thought you only played pc and looked over and helped out over in the console section haha

Still havent fixed the 1.5 hr crash on xbox Online mp? I tried to stream 7 days as my main game but crashes and have to restart stream. other xbox streamers have same crash almost exactly 1.5 hrs. And slyen before you shut me down again. I had a large tread for crash but cant seem to find on profile now. gonna avoid streaming for while. bummer i love this game. Still crashes on a X box X.

Great news, that didn't take long. Keep up the good work.

Gotta work tonight about to go to bed so me either lol.

But to be honest I never knew you played console lol I thought you only played pc and looked over and helped out over in the console section haha

Yep, I play on the PS4 also. Most of my gameplay is trying to replicate bugs lately though. For the most part I play solo, or local split. I tried hosting, and joining a few random games, but the console really doesn't do well with that unless you play with friends.

I do strongly hope for the day that I'll be able to host a server for the console. That would be a lot of fun. Personally though, I don't think it's likely to be implemented in the fashion I would wish for it to be, even if it ever happens.

Hi all!

Back again with the news that the latest patch is going live at 01:00 UTC Thursday / 5pm PST today (Wednesday)!

The usual bit and the notes from the team follow below!

- NOTES only apply to the fix DIRECTLY ABOVE them, unless otherwise stated

- You should NOT need to start a new save unless otherwise stated by the team.

- do NOT post bug reports below. They belong in the CONSOLE BUG REPORT section.

- keep posts CIVIL and RESPECTFUL when discussing or giving feedback about the patch.

- please keep the post ON TOPIC. This post is for the discussion of this patch ONLY.

- I do NOT have further info on future features, updates on MD5, Multiplayer issues and other fixes not mentioned in the notes, when I have those updates they will get their own post.

---------------

7 Days to Die [Console]

Release Notes

Patch 13.0

PS4 Version 1.18

XB1 Version 1.0.18.0

Patch 13 should be hitting your consoles today! We hope you enjoy the bug fixes and improvements. See below to see what’s included.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

Gameplay

· Fixed an issue that would prevent a smelted material from being usable, even when it was available in the Forge

· Fixed an issue that would cause the quest to find a trader to require a specific trader to be found; now it will pick the nearest trader and update the target when the player moves closer to another

· Fixed an issue that would cause the trader’s UI to close when a second player would exit a container in split-screen multiplayer

· Fixed an issue that would cause the “Cannot Breathe” indicator to vanish when underwater

· Fixed an issue that would cause stamina to decrease while walking after being teleported from a Trader settlement

· Fixed an instance of an issue that would occasionally cause blocks to spawn without support and create a mass collapse when broken

· Fixed an issue that cause interactive objects to be interacted with when an object on top of them was picked up

· Fixed an issue that allowed medical items to be used on certain inanimate objects (like minibikes)

· Fixed an issue that caused a destroyed bedroll’s indicator to persist after rejoining the game session

· Fixed an issue that would cause terrain to deform after a zombie would decay on top of it

· Fixed an issue that occasionally caused items being repaired to have their level dropped to 1

Art/Audio

· Fixed an issue that was causing distant terrain to render using different shaders than in previous patches

· Fixed an issue that would cause weather effects to impact hosts and clients with different severities

· Fixed an issue that caused the underwater effects to disappear when viewed through a Sniper Rifle scope

· Fixed an issue that would occasionally prevent all but the first letter of long words from being displayed on wooden signs

· Fixed an issue that allowed the player to shrink a torch in an active toolbelt slot

System/Stability

· Fixed a crash that would occur when combining certain clothing items on the workbench and equipping them

· Fixed an issue that would cause the world to regenerate after the console had its language changed

Have a blast with Patch 13! We can't wait to hear what you think about it all.

-----------------------------

Enjoy!

Clare

Would like to see a Texture update, New Vehicles, Heli on COnsoles. Thank You

First things, I’m playing on patch 13 AFTER I’ve cleared my system cache. Some of theses test are seen/tested in my survival game, others are tested in creative mode.

Normal PS4, NOT a ps4pro.

Zombie body’s have a new breakdown system. Stage one is the walking form, stage two is the half body, stage three is the gore mess and spine.

Now to explain, If a body has loot on them during break down with a player object, stage three is not breakable. (Till you loot the body. (No more blue backpack). Gore Body explodes after loot.

If the body has no loot on them at all. During break down with a player made object, after stage 2 the body explodes and disappears. So no more stage 3 gore mess.

Now this could be how my loot chance is set or due to the new break down of body’s, but I’ve yet to get a bone from a zombie. Got 1 fat. Once out of 20 zombies, no bone.

Appears you need to harvest a animal. Normal loot from them, bone, fat, meat.

Raw meat has a smell still. So all that still works. (This worked on patch 12, but required a new game after you cleared system cache.)

That’s all I’ve got for now .

New breakdown system may be a fix for cloned/glitching duplicate items. Don’t know how it was done, just know body’s would sometimes be looted twice. (From multiplayer experience)

Edit 1: cobwebs. Description : A cobweb is made by a spider. If this was Marvel it might mean something. ( This happen when placing a block near a bolder it just kinda popped into my inventory.) At first I thought it said crowbar. Got super excited. Lol

You can now throw rocks. This may be old, and I’m late to the rock throwing game.

Rocket tips and case have a nicer icon. Ak47 still looks like a mess.

Bellows also look like bellows now. It been a while since I’ve played so these also could be they way they looked. But I swear bellows looked odd before.

Edit 2: landscape now seems to render in faster. No more driving mini bikes into blank flat land and freezing game till landscape loads in. Tested in multiple areas even in hub. If nothing is loaded you can keep driving and landscape will load in a second later.

First things, I’m playing on patch 13 AFTER I’ve cleared my system cache. Some of theses test are seen/tested in my survival game, others are tested in creative mode.

Normal PS4, NOT a ps4pro.

Zombie body’s have a new breakdown system. Stage one is the walking form, stage two is the half body, stage three is the gore mess and spine.

Now to explain, If a body has loot on them during break down with a player object, stage three is not breakable. (Till you loot the body. (No more blue backpack). Gore Body explodes after loot.

If the body has no loot on them at all. During break down with a player made object, after stage 2 the body explodes and disappears. So no more stage 3 gore mess.

Now this could be how my loot chance is set or due to the new break down of body’s, but I’ve yet to get a bone from a zombie. Got 1 fat. Once out of 20 zombies, no bone.

Appears you need to harvest a animal. Normal loot from them, bone, fat, meat.

Raw meat has a smell still. So all that still works. (This worked on patch 12, but required a new game after you cleared system cache.)

That’s all I’ve got for now .

New breakdown system may be a fix for cloned/glitching duplicate items. Don’t know how it was done, just know body’s would sometimes be looted twice. (From multiplayer experience)

Edit 1: cobwebs. Description : A cobweb is made by a spider. If this was Marvel it might mean something. ( This happen when placing a block near a bolder it just kinda popped into my inventory.) At first I thought it said crowbar. Got super excited. Lol

You can now throw rocks. This may be old, and I’m late to the rock throwing game.

Rocket tips and case have a nicer icon. Ak47 still looks like a mess.

Bellows also look like bellows now. It been a while since I’ve played so these also could be they way they looked. But I swear bellows looked odd before.

Edit 2: landscape now seems to render in faster. No more driving mini bikes into blank flat land and freezing game till landscape loads in. Tested in multiple areas even in hub. If nothing is loaded you can keep driving and landscape will load in a second later.

The rocks and cobweb thing are old , but I’m assuming I’m gonna have to start a new world because I still have the blue backpack . I also had to start a new world with the last update too

COD WW2, A GREAT GAME!

such a true statement if you 're being sarcastic of course

Love the new shader fix it was weird having the distant terrain being such a different shading it was killing the immersion

BTW found a cool seed with 2 missile basses both in green biome both less than 2 k from hub city it has 9 town + hub (10 total) all towns are in desirable biomes grass lands pine forest and maple Forrest only two town have small portion in burnt biome and wasteland , wasteland biome is a bare minimum lots of workbench gas station in the south east and west the SEED name is AnthonyWright - three spaces after the name and remember the caps , the three spaces at the end are the trigger for the 2 missile bases with out it you will get completely different maps though i have noticed that most iteration of my AnthonyWright seeds tend to generated missile silo as with my gem AnthonyWright380 it has 2 hubs 10 towns and 1 missile silo in a green biome (most other seeds i generate spawn the silos in wasteland or burnt forest )

such a true statement if you 're being sarcastic of course

Love the new shader fix it was weird having the distant terrain being such a different shading it was killing the immersion

BTW found a cool seed with 2 missile basses both in green biome both less than 2 k from hub city it has 9 town + hub (10 total) all towns are in desirable biomes grass lands pine forest and maple Forrest only two town have small portion in burnt biome and wasteland , wasteland biome is a bare minimum lots of workbench gas station in the south east and west the SEED name is AnthonyWright - three spaces after the name and remember the caps , the three spaces at the end are the trigger for the 2 missile bases with out it you will get completely different maps though i have noticed that most iteration of my AnthonyWright seeds tend to generated missile silo as with my gem AnthonyWright380 it has 2 hubs 10 towns and 1 missile silo in a green biome (most other seeds i generate spawn the silos in wasteland or burnt forest )

allways thought the spaces in the seednames were ignored for the mapgeneration...

obviously not , or maybe they are , but something being ignored still has an affect map gen , though i haven't tested the seed without the 3 spaces if your feeling adventurous maybe you could try it and tell me how it works out but im satisfied with my awesome seed i just found a second hub making it 11 towns total 2 being hubs 6 being in green biomes 2 half and half's and 1 sandy

i do know you cannot have a seed name with nothing but spaces

allways thought the spaces in the seednames were ignored for the mapgeneration...

They aren't. It tried "WnJ" and "Wn J", They are not the same maps. Maps main characteristics are similar (water areas, average altitude, ...) but there are a lot of differences.

Normal PS4, NOT a ps4pro.......

Thanks for the info PantsThief!! Really informative. Sounds like some cool fixes. Not sure I like the fact we no longer get bone from Z's.....guess no more bone shank after 1st kill

Thanks for the info PantsThief!! Really informative. Sounds like some cool fixes. Not sure I like the fact we no longer get bone from Z's.....guess no more bone shank after 1st kill

i just got bones from Z's so ...... i think you may be unlucky or something , of course i did just find the BEST SEED IN THE GAME so maybe i'm just really damn lucky

Archived