Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[02/08] Message from the Team

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Honestly, I'm in agreement with many in regards to glitches being fixed over additional content.

    I have zero interest in many of the PC updates, specifically the vehicles, weapon mods. The more I see the PC content, the less it looks like a survival game. I have zero interest in playing 7 Days to GTA.

    Personally, I don't care about electricity. As it is, using Light Switch 2 causes my games to crash until I remove them due to the game being unable to handle the shadowing, I can imagine the fallout if I tried to use that new system. No thanks.

    I would've loved to seen the Paint system added. I'm currently building a massive island fortress, but didn't use concrete on the house in order to bring some design to it by using cobblestone and adobe. Having the ability to paint would've made this even more epic...

    Finally, I would expect that any update coming would introduce the new POI's, and the city Departure on the Navezgane map. There is still one more spot in the Southwest for another city down the road. So if console is already at the brink of limitations, I won't expect to much in terms of additional features.

    Comment


      Can we get the issues fixed. Tired of the error codes.

      Originally posted by Clare View Post
      Hi all,

      Below is a message from the console team.

      Clare

      -------------------

      Hi everyone,

      First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

      The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

      ------------------


      Is there a way to fix the issues already here? Like I error out every five minutes it is making me not even want to play the game. No joke like every five minutes. I have tried everything other then starting a new map.

      Comment


        lol id kill for some official word or even a dev diary that is 1% as active as the pc forum. so many "know it alls" in this forum...and defensive people trying to stick up for the game they love.
        im not complaining for content.
        im not complaining for fixes.
        im fully aware of the console limitations thanks to the actual mods of this forum.
        ive just never seen so many questions answered by people who seem illegitimate and tend to act like they developed this game themselves. there is alot of 3rd party info getting passed around here due to the lack of official word...
        and im sorry but-no matter how hard the work is, no matter how confusing and difficult it becomes, a timeline can be formed-changed-altered-and no it wont cause the public to rage and panic...you would likely form a better following and quiet down this forum with negativity. you dont know til you try. you just assume.
        i personally have worked in customer service for years and when humans are told a package is going to be late, or not there at all, they are 10% as angry as the people who call in and have been left in the dark and told nothing.
        this may be personal opinion/experience to some extent but again...you do not know until you try.
        right now it seems to be filled with rage that the team was obviously trying to avoid in some way.
        but honestly i do not have any expectations. except for the rage of 50 replies from people dumping on this post and getting defensive lol.

        Comment


          Whoah ^ TL;DR

          Comment


            LOL. I love it when people throw out statements like "so many "know it alls" in this forum".
            Usually the person saying this just don't have any kind of an idea of what reality actually is.

            Here is some non-3rd-party information for you....

            Originally posted by SylenThunder View Post
            Originally posted by Fab44 View Post
            So you mean we have to wait for the ps to upgrade their intern system to get that big thing they gonna add or what exactly are they waiting for ?! Sorry if that may sound stupid for you...

            i don't get why they can't just add "simple" things like a compound bow or some different zombie types (that should be doable with the PS4 system I guess...) to keep us interested or the "hype" this Game deserves alive...

            If they release some big new content in the future I would also pay for that like an add on...and I know hunting our lovely Clare won't help either
            Because it's not nearly as simple as you think.

            Adding something like the compound bow means adding more game mechanics, more textures, and more code to control it. The system hardware is already at it's very limit on what it is capable of doing, simply because the resources are under-spec for the title. How are you going to add when you have no overhead to work with?

            Read this. Please at least take the time to be thorough and try to wrap your head around it. It's kind of detailed, but I dumbed it down as much as I could. Basically 7 Days on the console is like trying to fit a Hemi into a Yugo.
            Hint: You should actually try reading the thread linked up above. It's full of "know it all" facts. It's hard data with actual numbered statistics. Not some made-up 3rd-party imaginary facts. This is the real deal.


            Oh, and just because I love that SylenThunder put time into doing it. Here's his chart again on the release cycles.

            https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post799665

            Given the avialable data, something big is coming. That last is just a 3rd-Party opinion though. But it's at least an educated one.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Infamy1 View Post
              and im sorry but-no matter how hard the work is, no matter how confusing and difficult it becomes, a timeline can be formed-changed-altered-and no it wont cause the public to rage and panic...you would likely form a better following and quiet down this forum with negativity. you dont know til you try. you just assume.
              The thing is they did try this a few times in the pc section and even to this day they still get people complaining/raging about things. Yes the developers are more active over on the pc side but the console developers are not active in the forums they have one or two people they send word to for them to post here. Anyway just saying they have tried.

              Comment


                People will rage no matter what. More communication is better the less communication. I agree with Infamy1, the team said an update will be out by the end of the year. I don't think a monthly update is unrealistic, even if that update is we have no update. There is a time table being followed, and I am sure if it needs to be changed it does. Not sure why we cant be kept in that loop. Actually hearing from those working on the game is better then hearing from all of us players. I am assuming Crazywildfire and Sylenthunder don't work for 7DTD in any official form. Although I do enjoy reading their posts because it is some information.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Freestyle604 View Post
                  People will rage no matter what. More communication is better the less communication. I agree with Infamy1, the team said an update will be out by the end of the year. I don't think a monthly update is unrealistic, even if that update is we have no update. There is a time table being followed, and I am sure if it needs to be changed it does. Not sure why we cant be kept in that loop. Actually hearing from those working on the game is better then hearing from all of us players. I am assuming Crazywildfire and Sylenthunder don't work for 7DTD in any official form. Although I do enjoy reading their posts because it is some information.
                  Correct. Crazywildfire is just a regular member like yourself. I'm a forum mod, and have additional experience that allows me to give more detailed information on some things. I still don't get any more information on the console that you guys get. I have made requests for some things, like the config files currently in use, but console developers are notoriously tight-lipped when it comes to giving information.

                  In part it's due to years of business practices in the console market since the Atari/Commodore days, and partially due to the changes social media has brought to the industry.

                  Comment


                    The content on the console version!!!!

                    Everyones happy to recieve the patches that fix the bugs, but we are all wondering when are yall going to catch up to the pc version? We all love the game, we all love the idea. As customers, it seems that we are being left out! It's in understanding that its a long process to push out an update. It seems that we are neglected. Those that play the pc version, and those that watch the pc version being broadcast all know that the pc version is better than the console version. What it looks like is TFP have 2 children. 1 child they make very fat. Feed it anything and everything it wants, and the other just get the scraps. I paid $60 for 2 copies so that I could play the game on both of my consoles, on and offline of the psn. I liked the game that much, that I paid for 2 copies. For a while, I was trying to recommend it to my friends, but as time pushed on, I kind of regreted buying 2 copies after I have seen the pc version! It not your fault that I bought 1 copies, but it is your fault to neglect the console version! We all are paying customers, and we all would like to be treated fairly as you pc customers! I love the game, and it has a lot of potiential, but it should be expanded. I played this game all summer 2017! This was my game of the summer, but I really did get bored! Now Im looking forward to Rust coming to the PS4! Its a similar game, but better graphics, and hopefully more content, and stuff to do! Your competitors are being breed, and they will take this market if yall dont step up and get on your game!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Ampher4 View Post
                      Everyones happy to recieve the patches that fix the bugs, but we are all wondering when are yall going to catch up to the pc version? We all love the game, we all love the idea. As customers, it seems that we are being left out! It's in understanding that its a long process to push out an update. It seems that we are neglected. Those that play the pc version, and those that watch the pc version being broadcast all know that the pc version is better than the console version. What it looks like is TFP have 2 children. 1 child they make very fat. Feed it anything and everything it wants, and the other just get the scraps. I paid $60 for 2 copies so that I could play the game on both of my consoles, on and offline of the psn. I liked the game that much, that I paid for 2 copies. For a while, I was trying to recommend it to my friends, but as time pushed on, I kind of regreted buying 2 copies after I have seen the pc version! It not your fault that I bought 1 copies, but it is your fault to neglect the console version! We all are paying customers, and we all would like to be treated fairly as you pc customers! I love the game, and it has a lot of potiential, but it should be expanded. I played this game all summer 2017! This was my game of the summer, but I really did get bored! Now Im looking forward to Rust coming to the PS4! Its a similar game, but better graphics, and hopefully more content, and stuff to do! Your competitors are being breed, and they will take this market if yall dont step up and get on your game!
                      The PC and any console are completely different. I have both and can tell you hardware is the difference. I understand why console is so tight lipped now.

                      Comment


                        Hey thank you for the update news. It sounds really good. I hope you guys are still going to do the update.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Ampher4 View Post
                          Everyones happy to recieve the patches that fix the bugs, but we are all wondering when are yall going to catch up to the pc version? We all love the game, we all love the idea. As customers, it seems that we are being left out! It's in understanding that its a long process to push out an update. It seems that we are neglected. Those that play the pc version, and those that watch the pc version being broadcast all know that the pc version is better than the console version. What it looks like is TFP have 2 children. 1 child they make very fat. Feed it anything and everything it wants, and the other just get the scraps. I paid $60 for 2 copies so that I could play the game on both of my consoles, on and offline of the psn. I liked the game that much, that I paid for 2 copies. For a while, I was trying to recommend it to my friends, but as time pushed on, I kind of regreted buying 2 copies after I have seen the pc version! It not your fault that I bought 1 copies, but it is your fault to neglect the console version! We all are paying customers, and we all would like to be treated fairly as you pc customers! I love the game, and it has a lot of potiential, but it should be expanded. I played this game all summer 2017! This was my game of the summer, but I really did get bored! Now Im looking forward to Rust coming to the PS4! Its a similar game, but better graphics, and hopefully more content, and stuff to do! Your competitors are being breed, and they will take this market if yall dont step up and get on your game!
                          I don't think you have read anything based on what you wrote.

                          Not sure why I'm going to say this again after myself and not sure how many others have said this. It you are blaming the developers of the PC version when they don't have much to do with the console version. You are 100% right they are neglecting the console over the PC. But hey for the million times said they are not working on the console version so why are you blaming them? What good is it going to do? None what so ever. TFP work on PC and PC only... IG and TT have the console version and only the console version they do not work on the PC version. This info is all over the place.

                          Also the information is about why the console and PC are different is all over the place. PC = Alpha and console = full finished game. That means PC of course is going to keep getting more things and updates because alpha means working on the game still. The console version is a finished game meaning they do not have to give us anymore updates. If that makes you salty then I suggest 2 things. Know what you are buying and once you know then buy a PC because you will be better off.

                          One last thing have not looked into Rust much so can't say one way or the other right now. But ark and conan exiles have better graphics also but they are not 100% voxel game. Assuming Rust isn't 100% voxel game either so if that is the case I would hope it does have better graphics if not then this day of age they would be ripping you off. But I would about place money that you will not get a game on the current consoles look better and play better that is 100% voxel then what you have with 7dtd. Not saying this game doesn't have problems because it does but no game out for console that is this good that is 100% voxel game.

                          Anyway good luck getting IG or TT to pass more information then the way they been doing because it most likely isn't going to happen. When they are ready for us to know they will tell us. It sucks but it is what it is nothing anyone can do about it. This game isn't the only game.

                          Comment


                            7 days to die

                            Thanks keep it up guys I love what is possible went I play this game

                            Comment


                              "Us console players."

                              Oh, Thank Christ. You guys haven't forgotten about us console players. I was a little worried you kinda gave up on us. As long as I KNOW you guys are working on updates for the console, I don't care if I have to wait 10 years for it.


                              As well for some updates, I think you guys should add some modern cars, like civilian transport, emergency vehicles, and military vehicles, as well as aircrafts and boats. I know this may be a little too much, but if you guys think you can work this one out, this can make quite alot of people happy. At least I think, anyway.
                              -Nine Tailed Fox

                              Comment


                                Clare: is there any news on the forthcoming update that you can share? It has been two months since you last updated us, and we are eager to have some fresh news! I hate to say any news is good, but I think that now, we are at that point! TIA!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X