[06/06] Message from the Team

Clare

Hi all,

Below is a message from the Console Team on the update they're currently working on.

Clare

--------------

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on the next update for 7 Days to Die on console. While the release is still scheduled for later this year, we wanted to give you an update on what's to come.

As many of you have already guessed, we are currently in the process of upgrading the game engine to Unity 2017. This is something we’ve been working towards for quite a while and we’re thrilled to finally be able to share the news with you.

But what does this mean for the game and for you, the players? Upgrading to Unity 2017 means we can fix some of the more persistent bugs in the game, as well as add features from A15 and A16 on PC.

Thank you again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch soon with more information about which features and improvements you can look forward to in Patch 14, which will launch alongside the engine upgrade.

The 7DTD Console Team

------------

-------------

Also posted on page 14 of this thread, copying info here so it does not get lost:

Hi all,

A player voiced concern that it does not look like I read this thread. It is also going off topic so I wanted to clear some things up before we get back on track.

I do keep up to date with the News and Announcements threads, daily as much as I can after initial release, and after that I catch up every few days. If I have new information to share it will be given a new post. I will not give new information in the body of a post where is could get lost. As with all posts in this section, all the information I have is contained in the original post, I do not have further details beyond that. When I do have information on a potential release date, what could be contained in the patch etc there will be a new Message from the Team post.

I do however, read all that is posted and pass feedback to the team when required.

Any issues you have that you want troubleshooting assistance on should be posted in the Console Bug Reports section. I will not chase bugs here.

To clarify, so we can get back on topic...

The Fun Pimps are the creators of the game, they work on the PC version of the game and pass items for porting to the console team when they are deemed finished or ready. On occasion they help to collaborate on a bug fix for something that may exist on PC also (this also works in reverse as console has helped PC in the past)

Iron Galaxy are porting the game to console.

Telltale Publishing (Telltale Games) are the publishers of the game.

Any new information passed to me from TT is posted in the News and Announcements section of the forums. I understand that some players can get frustrated that PC receive more regular information and it can look like Console is abandoned. This is not the case, console is not abandoned, when there is more information to share, I will share it immediately.

All support for console is being run from the Console Bug Reports section and as a reminder here is the description of my role - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?61911-04-21-Title-Change-and-Clare-ification

[/Quote]

Thank you Clare,

I will pass this message along to my viewers, as they ask me all the time if I have any info. I appreciate you guys' hard work!

I love you’re Chanel all the tips and tricks really helps thank you cap

And thank you claire now we know why it too so long we can stop being little girls about it

Plusss how long for more info hahaha

Wohoo,thanks for update,that there is going to be an update later this year? Let's all celebrate now!!!! :D

Better than devil you know than the devil you don't, plus the unity upgrade is needed and could potentially make the game much more enjoyable, especially if the optimization allows for better rendering (no more loading glitches!), additional content and smoother gameplay. My fingers are crossed anyway!

I love this game so much and I'm glad to hear about the console update

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know when the update will come out for the console?

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the console on A15???

Not sure

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I think were in patch 13 because that was the last twitter post they had for conole

Thanks Clara for the news. I haven’t been playing in awhile. Waiting for the updates. Ready to get back in the game. I hope there’s a lot of new features in the game. I still wish to be able to see structures from a distance and new zombies.

Don’t we already have a15 features? Can they be any more ambiguous about an update? Frustrating...Well looks like we're not getting anything for this summer.... At least we're getting an unity upgrade and "a16 features" Hawaiian fat guy zombie, a new bear skin, night vision googles.....whoooooo Content! .......Sorry had to vent o_O ...Thanks for the info Clare :(

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Console is mostly on A15. We didn't have everything .

Thank you for keeping us updated on the progress of the next update. Just passed day 400 in-game, and I'm itching to start a new game with additional content. Keep up the great work everyone. Can't wait to see all of the improvements you all have made.

Info for console fixs

Hello me and others would like to know when we are gonna get in game fixes for the multiplayer people are having problems with joining others games. Problems are getting kicked randomly as they join map dose not load properly unable to pick up items or use different items invisible enemy's modifiable glitchs and reports of people going into there games and there items being removed

Info for console fixs

Hello me and others would like to know when we are gonna get in game fixes for the multiplayer people are having problems with joining others games. Problems are getting kicked randomly as they join map dose not load properly unable to pick up items or use different items invisible enemy's modifiable glitchs and reports of people going into there games and there items being removed

Did you read the first post? Having the game run on Unity is a big step towards fixing the issues.

Archived