Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by thatguybeard View Post
    I’m sorry but I don’t get the complaint of lack of support and bug fixes. For example Dying Light has had 15 patches since release in 2015 and have had fixes in each patch including a patch earlier this year. That game was released with bugs as a full game and they are still fixing them and it’s one of my favorite games. Loved Dead Island as well and people thought that was a mess.

    7 Days to Die has had 18 patches since release in 2016 and has provided bug fixes in each one. Seems like IG is providing more support in less time. But hey that’s just my thoughts on the matter. Each entitled their opinion and all that.
    I asked about whether this engine upgrade is going to fix the MD5 error that is literally preventing me from playing the game OR supporting it by buying the pc version (I just got a pc with Ryzen 2600 and a gtx 1060 6gb), and the response i got was:

    "I do not have information on what bugs will be fixed at this time. We'll likely hear more in the coming months as the upgrade progresses."

    So to the very least, I can definitely attest that they have a lack of support going on here. If they could come out and say "we believe upgrading the engine could resolve this issue, but are unsure at this time" I would have no issue accepting that as some form of support, and would happily check back in a couple months or when i see the game auto-update on my xbox. Yet they also said "Upgrading to Unity 2017 means we can fix some of the more persistent bugs in the game, as well as add features from A15 and A16 on PC." This statement is fairly specific, almost as if they know what will be fixed and what won't, yet they won't reveal what is going to be fixed. As long as they remain unspecific, they can knowingly be unable (or unwilling) to fix this MD5 error for whatever reason, but keep it as a hopeful factor amongst the community that keeps the community around and involved. This is important towards profit, even if they aren't releasing additional paid dlc, they get positive press from this community who "believes in them" that can lead to more sales of the game, and other titles that come out can also sell because they don't yet have a bad reputation.

    My complaint about bug fixes is just the one. They have done good with bug fixes otherwise, with the minibike disappearing bug, to plenty others i can't think of specifically. Has the invisible dogs been fixed? I remember that one but am unsure if it got fixed, but if they know how, i'm sure they will or have fixed it. It's insane for a bug this bad to still be prevalent for this long though.

    That's my position on the matter. I did pay $20 for this game and the game has been unplayable by my standards ever since. Hello games has essentially fixed their game from the bs that happened at that games launch. Might be because the community backlashed appropriately when they were handed a game that didn't meet any expectations. I feel the comparison is strangely accurate too, as look at how little this game had day 1 on console, and same for No Mans Sky. The zombie variety was so little, the actual defense options, outside of walls, were very lacking. The only thing that kept this game from giving off the same negative impact was it's more up to date PC version was a good peak into what the future of the game could be. No man's sky didn't have that. But i unfortunately now have to join 1) my brother and his wife 2)My sister 3) Friend A 4) Friend B and 5) Friend C, these 5 different purchasers of this game in removing the game because the game just isn't playable and waiting for it to be is just silly at this point.

    Comment


      i played ark it was ok. conan was ok. problem is those worlds are static. you can't even dig. both had serious issues. i don't have a pc so i can't play a lot of games

      Comment


        Originally posted by AmishMan53 View Post
        I asked about whether this engine upgrade is going to fix the MD5 error that is literally preventing me from playing the game OR supporting it by buying the pc version (I just got a pc with Ryzen 2600 and a gtx 1060 6gb), and the response i got was.......................
        Get the pc version man. I personally play on ps4 & we dont have near the problems you xbox players do which is very unfortunate. No one blames you guys, i'd be pissed too.

        Hopefully with this new update, whenever we get it, will better optimise the game, especially for the xbox. But like you said, its merely a waiting game & who wants to wait. I know i'm chomping at the bit.
        I'd buy the pc version over the console version in a heartbeat if i had the means. I just cant justify buying a high end pc just for 7dtd. I rarely use my laptop as it is.

        Good luck man. Hope you get things figured out!

        Comment


          @Outlaw_187 It's not a matter of having a playable version. As much as i love the game itself, every time theirs been an update they've kept everyone waiting until the last minute to inform what was in the update. Each time i waited, dealing with the games issues and playing it for what it was at the time, just to see that the next patch wouldn't solve this issue (and some of the more prevalent issues of the past that took 2 or 3 patches before they finally fixed). I took it upon myself to give my own error reports, as detailed as possible, leading up to the MD5 errors i experienced. I also attempted some things that each were a long shot when the MD5 issue would arise (you knew it was happening when the graphics of things like rocks would start brightening and giving off whacky colors in a flashing pattern) and these things i attempted were a danger to my save file that i had put in over 100 hours into (while their had been a workaround discovered, i didn't want to delete my local save every hour of play which is roughly how often this happened). And for those efforts i can't get a simple answer as "the team believes, but isn't sure, that this unity upgrade will fix the MD5 error" or "Sorry, we have no reason to believe this unity upgrade will fix MD5 errors, but we have ran out of options and so this is currently our best bet." Instead I get "Will this fix your problem? Find out next time on Updates 4 YOU!!"

          So screw giving more money to Iron Galaxy, TT, or TFP. I have a PC now, and their is definitely an insane amount of games on steam i can go for instead, as well as a bunch of free to play games that i can check out before deciding to support. Blade and soul has been fun so far, when i get the money i will probably buy no man's sky for pc (i have the xbox version, objectively the game seems to lack a good goal and i heard the end of storyline is very lackluster, but the visuals and some of the planets are beautiful and interesting and i would love to see what they look like on my PC). Also, i have to save some of my money for a VR headset, which is why i didn't go cheaper on my pc (believe it or not, 500 dollars can easily get you a good 1080p gaming rig, whereas if you want 4k or VR that's where the price starts to get extremely steep).

          This reply ended up longer then intended. @Outlaw_187 It's good to see you can objectively understand others POV. I honestly expected the same responses that a couple other people here got when i went negative nancy on these devs. IF they do fix MD5 with this upcoming patch, and i somehow notice, maybe i could forgive. It's just so hard, this isn't capcom who i hate for megaman legends 3, the lack of a new power stone game, the crappy PR ordeal with UMvC3 updates (which is moreso marvels fault), adding RE to operation raccoon city's title and giving us a NOT RE game, and yet RE2 remake.. i have to play it. Unfortunately, TFP and IG haven't been making great games for over 20 years to make a slip-up that i can say "hey, it won't happen again i'm sure, and they typically have great quality".

          Comment


            Originally posted by AmishMan53 View Post
            @Outlaw_187 It's not a matter of having a playable version. As much as i love the game itself, every time theirs been an update they've kept everyone waiting until the last minute to inform what was in the update. Each time i waited, dealing with the games issues and playing it for what it was at the time, just to see that the next patch wouldn't solve this issue (and some of the more prevalent issues of the past that took 2 or 3 patches before they finally fixed). I took it upon myself to give my own error reports, as detailed as possible, leading up to the MD5 errors i experienced. I also attempted some things that each were a long shot when the MD5 issue would arise (you knew it was happening when the graphics of things like rocks would start brightening and giving off whacky colors in a flashing pattern) and these things i attempted were a danger to my save file that i had put in over 100 hours into (while their had been a workaround discovered, i didn't want to delete my local save every hour of play which is roughly how often this happened)....................
            All good & valid points you have made, don't blame you a bit. Good luck with your pc endeavors. I am jealous, lol.
            Im still waiting on my ps4 to update the newest patch for No Man's Sky (i have super slow internet). It may be done by now but i havent been on in a few days.
            That game has so much potential on consoles & i bet it does look super amazing on pc. I also can't wait for the RE2 remake. Always been a huge fan of the series.

            Comment


              I'm talking about the difficulty level of the hordes almost each day wirh a good friend and we totally agree with each other that (after all the thinfs we have tested) it only matters how long you play the game. You have to spend very much real time (more than 100 hours) out of the hub city before tougher enemies start spawning. As I pointed out I am already alive since 40 hours on "insane" and had no tough enemies during horde nights.

              The only moment I got challenged was when I returned home from the trader and a screamer right next to my home door started to call other enemies. A feral wight, two cops and a zombie bear appeared soon after.
              Of course this was much fun to me but after all they were not able to destroy my base in a way which could have been called impressive or dangerous.

              If I had to fight 5 cops, 3 ferals and 2 bears the whole situation could have been different. But without the enemy types from alpha 16 it remains without being a challenge.

              @all
              Do not take that as a complaint, I know Iron Galaxy are working hard to implement content from the PC version. But unfortunately many of us don't hit the end game anymore (I do not since last summer) because it becomes too easy after a few hours. I habe my goods on a roof of Buzz' Bar from day 3 on and got my day 63 horde recently.
              Doors, two corners of the building and parts of the brickwork facing north are destroyed. Guess it will take more horde nights until day 140 before I have to repair it to prevent the bulding from collapsing.

              Comment


                Hey AmishMan53 don’t get me wrong I totally understand your frustration with the Md5 as I remember my frustration with New Vegas on the PS3. Shoot they could never fix that due to the console’s architecture and the save files getting too big.

                I’m hoping the Unity upgrade will remove most of the triggers that lead to the crashes for you Xbox users but I also realize that they might not know until it is done. Personally I would rather wait than receive false hope but that is just my personal preference and not saying you are wrong for wanting more.

                I was just commenting on the lack of support complaint within a thread about an update to provide an upgraded engine, more fixes, more free content, and (combined with the other patches with fixes and free content) to me that shows IG are supporting the game as well as the players.

                That is why I don’t understand the complaint but I also won’t say you are wrong if you feel differently cause hey if that’s how you feel that’s how you feel. I also don’t understand how people can eat a tomato like an apple but hey go for it 😊

                Comment


                  @AmishMan53,

                  Like above we understand completely about your frustration. We don't blame you at all. I feel sorry for xbox players that run across these problems. It isn't that we don't understand or anything like that. So I hope you can understand where what I'm about to say as well though.

                  They don't have the information you want. They have no clue as to now if it will be fixed or not. It isn't one thing that was causing the issues it is several reasons. Each update they fix one or a few of those issues but have yet to get them all. Most of the issue is with xbox it self and not much they can do about that. They are hoping with the new unity update that it will help more towards the issue but until it is released they really are not going to know.

                  I understand you want to blame TFP I get it we all do but they DON'T do the console version. I get you understand that but still want to blame them because it is their game and they shouldn't of gave it to TT or whatever. Nobody here knows what kind of deal they did and what is in the paperwork. Really it doesn't matter it isn't our business to know that information. But what we know is TT game to TFP in A14 because they seen what they believed to be a good enough game to call finished and complete. They felt if TFP didn't release anymore content they could have a finished game. So they worked whatever deal they worked out and TFP simply told them they still had a ways to go on the project and so many people already supported them and they didn't have time to do console at the moment because they was working on finishing what they started and those that already invested in them wouldn't be right to them they would feel abandoned. So TT told them not to worry they would handle the console. So TT got IG to handle the ports. All TFP do is send what they have finished to them that is all.

                  Again sorry you are having so many problems. Don't mind coming and seeing people's concerns. But to be honest the rest of the ranting about being done and moving on nobody cares. If you feel that way then go. TT and IG are not here to see your post, we as in other players are the ones and none of us care about you talking about leaving and being done with TT, IG or TFP. If you really are done you wouldn't be posting the past several post you would be gone already. Sorry for being so blunt.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Clare View Post
                    I do not have information on what bugs will be fixed at this time. We'll likely hear more in the coming months as the upgrade progresses.
                    Months? Really? Jesus...i thought release in this month.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Outlaw_187 View Post
                      Get the pc version man. I personally play on ps4 & we dont have near the problems you xbox players do which is very unfortunate. No one blames you guys, i'd be pissed too.

                      Hopefully with this new update, whenever we get it, will better optimise the game, especially for the xbox. But like you said, its merely a waiting game & who wants to wait. I know i'm chomping at the bit.
                      I'd buy the pc version over the console version in a heartbeat if i had the means. I just cant justify buying a high end pc just for 7dtd. I rarely use my laptop as it is.

                      Good luck man. Hope you get things figured out!
                      Think we talked about this before. Sorry slept since then lol you don't need a high end PC to play this game on. I understand you don't want to spend money on something just for one game. But it doesn't have to be just for this game once you get around $800 to $1000 dollar PC you can play many games. It might not be high end for that price but several games can run on pc/laptops around that price.

                      I bet you would end up playing a few games not just one. Not sure what games you like and don't but if you like survival games 2 for example that are on both Ark and Conan both play way better on PC as well. On top of all that it don't cost you a monthly fee to play online. Personally that part don't bother me my dumb a** pays for ps plus and xbox live and i haven't turned my xbox on in probably a year. Anyway point is it does have to be just for one game. But I also understand 800 to 1000 dollars isn't something to just throw out as well if you don't really have it.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by crazywildfire View Post
                        Think we talked about this before. Sorry slept since then lol you don't need a high end PC to play this game on. I understand you don't want to spend money on something just for one game. But it doesn't have to be just for this game once you get around $800 to $1000 dollar PC you can play many games. It might not be high end for that price but several games can run on pc/laptops around that price.

                        I bet you would end up playing a few games not just one. Not sure what games you like and don't but if you like survival games 2 for example that are on both Ark and Conan both play way better on PC as well. On top of all that it don't cost you a monthly fee to play online. Personally that part don't bother me my dumb a** pays for ps plus and xbox live and i haven't turned my xbox on in probably a year. Anyway point is it does have to be just for one game. But I also understand 800 to 1000 dollars isn't something to just throw out as well if you don't really have it.
                        If i was still a hardcore gamer, i'd without a doubt get a good pc, even if at 1st it is just for 7dtd. But the sad truth is, as im getting older, my gaming has really slowed down.
                        As they say....life happens.

                        I've even realized how series i've loved from the past, its getting hard for me to stay focused and finish them. I hate that but its the truth. Now that im on nightshift, my gaming has really taken a nose dive.

                        However the exeption has been 7 days to die. This game has sucked me in from release and i find myself playing other things temporarily but always coming back to this game.

                        I know once this update hits, i'm gonna be balls deep into some scavenging, base building, and zombie slaying. Im so excited for this update, i'm gonna hate when the console is at its absolute limit & the new conent will stop. I know that day is coming, which maybe also makes these updates that much more exciting. Its gonna be awesome!!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Outlaw_187 View Post
                          If i was still a hardcore gamer, i'd without a doubt get a good pc, even if at 1st it is just for 7dtd. But the sad truth is, as im getting older, my gaming has really slowed down.
                          As they say....life happens.

                          I've even realized how series i've loved from the past, its getting hard for me to stay focused and finish them. I hate that but its the truth. Now that im on nightshift, my gaming has really taken a nose dive.

                          However the exeption has been 7 days to die. This game has sucked me in from release and i find myself playing other things temporarily but always coming back to this game.

                          I know once this update hits, i'm gonna be balls deep into some scavenging, base building, and zombie slaying. Im so excited for this update, i'm gonna hate when the console is at its absolute limit & the new conent will stop. I know that day is coming, which maybe also makes these updates that much more exciting. Its gonna be awesome!!
                          ikr ! I'm 40 yrs and just started to work as HVAC designer in my home office... I'm exhousted after day in "office" and have no power to play but... when next update hits... I'll be back!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Outlaw_187 View Post
                            If i was still a hardcore gamer, i'd without a doubt get a good pc, even if at 1st it is just for 7dtd. But the sad truth is, as im getting older, my gaming has really slowed down.
                            As they say....life happens.

                            I've even realized how series i've loved from the past, its getting hard for me to stay focused and finish them. I hate that but its the truth. Now that im on nightshift, my gaming has really taken a nose dive.

                            However the exeption has been 7 days to die. This game has sucked me in from release and i find myself playing other things temporarily but always coming back to this game.

                            I know once this update hits, i'm gonna be balls deep into some scavenging, base building, and zombie slaying. Im so excited for this update, i'm gonna hate when the console is at its absolute limit & the new conent will stop. I know that day is coming, which maybe also makes these updates that much more exciting. Its gonna be awesome!!
                            Completely understand as I'm on nightshift also. I haven't played much of anything lately. Just now getting around in doing the DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins and only doing little at a time on it. It isn't as much as night shift but night shift plus working 6 nights a week for a year or more now has absolutely drained me.
                            Last edited by crazywildfire; 08-03-2018, 10:59 AM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Mregomies View Post
                              ikr ! I'm 40 yrs and just started to work as HVAC designer in my home office... I'm exhousted after day in "office" and have no power to play but... when next update hits... I'll be back!
                              Originally posted by crazywildfire View Post
                              Completely understand as I'm on nightshift also. I haven't played much of anything lately. Just now getting around in doing the DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins and only doing little at a time on it. It isn't as much as night shift but night shift plus working 6 nights a week for a year or more now has absolutely drained me.
                              I hear ya. Responsibility sucks!!!

                              Comment


                                @crazywildfire This will be my final post, as after all, your right. If clare doesn't back and forth my concerns with Iron Galaxy, then my ranting here is pointless. One thing you misinterpret, is they CAN give me more information. They can tell me that they don't know if this unity upgrade will fix the issue, that it will, that they HOPE it will and have reason to believe it might but are unsure, or that it simply won't help at all and that they know that for a fact. I'm not getting this kind of answer, instead i'm getting Clare telling me she don't know what bugs will be fixed. That doesn't tell me what the team thinks of this upgrade in relation to the MD5 issue, but is more a reference to being unable to say anything about any bug because the team is afraid saying so and so bug won't be fixed will cause an uproar, or that it will and they end up being wrong.

                                I would honestly still be willing to support and just buy the pc version if i knew for a fact that the MD5 error isn't going to be fixed by this. If it were to be fixed, or it's something they are hoping will be fixed by this update, i would see they haven't let up on trying to fix this prevalent issue, and i would get the pc version based on the simple fact that i don't want to deal with this games issues on console moving forward. The mindset that they care about a single persons concerns and are willing to be real with that person would be enough for me to say these people are worth supporting. TFP may not have anything to do with IG, but if they came out to say they made a mistake in trusting IG with their title, or give an official apology that this isn't something they can continue to pursue (on behalf of IG or telling IG to stop themselves), i could feel good about a pc purchase knowing IG isn't going to see that money. My reasons go beyond the actual issue with the game itself at this point.

                                Anyhow, sorry to rant, everyone here knows how i feel, and like i said this is my last post, will just visit later today to see if anyone wants to give their final thoughts on this post. As crazywildfire says, IG will not see this directly, and i doubt clare even if she did bring this to the teams attention will word for word it or tell them to spend 5 seconds reading a post (or they will bother to do so if she tried). What this COULD do, is cause a sympathetic boycott against TFP, IG, and even TT, but I've recently stopped smoking and i know how hard it is to fight addiction lol. Not to mention, not everyone agrees with TFP being part of the problem, and i'm ok with that. IG definitely could show up and be a part of the community of this game instead of just a dev team trying to make a buck off someone elses work. Thank you everyone for not backlashing hard and fanboy protecting the devs, and @crazywildfire i know the difference between being blunt and being an ass. Nothing wrong with being blunt, which is all you were being, so thanks for your input and being straight forward.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X