Telltale Layoffs

The Fun Pimp

We are deeply saddened by the news of the Telltale layoffs. Our hearts go out to our friends and partners over there. Rest assured The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can. As more information becomes available TFP will be issuing statements.

Cheers Richard

Thanks Richard!

You should probably make sure to update your message and specify that Alpha 17 is for PC, just to avoid confusion.

I have both Xbox One and PC (my all time favorite game! Ever since I bought it at Alpha 10.1).

You do realize that they are talking about alpha 17 for console cause they are working on it as Well as this post is in console section of the forums. You should pay more attention

You do realize that they are talking about alpha 17 for console cause they are working on it as Well as this post is in console section of the forums. You should pay more attention

Nope! The exact same message was posted in the PC section as well.

The consoles don't get alphas, only updates.

PC people were afraid that the Telltale story would also affect the PC alpha 17, so Richard wanted to let them know that it is still coming out soon.

And that's why I told Richard to be more specific in his message... Because some people might not understand.

We are deeply saddened by the news of the Telltale layoffs. Our hearts go out to our friends and partners over there. Rest assured The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can. As more information becomes available TFP will be issuing statements.

On a more upbeat note Alpha 17 is coming along folks and it’s going to be awesome!

Cheers Richard

Yeaaaaaaaaa, don't think it was a good idea to gloat about a17 on this post, and on twitter while being extremly non commital to the console version. Can we just say we have no clue whats going on? all this does is lead to speculation.

As a keen player of 7 days to die on console (ps4) for almost 2 years now i have been checking this site for information on 7days almost daily for the last several months eagerly awaiting the new update that has had fans pulling their hair out in anticipation (seriously thinning out on top here) can someone please clarify if we still getting a console update if not let's crowdfund this. As fans we have the power to make it happen

I corrected my post to avoid confusion.

It's great that A17 is coming along great, but that doesn't affect consoles at all. At least at present at any rate. What does this mean for the consoles planned and long awaited update release? Will it be the last one, will it be put on hold until after the end of the year instead of before year end as promised, have they abandoned the updates for console all together?

I don't know anything about Telltale laying people off. Not that I don't care about people losing their job, but we can't do anything about that. Which leaves console players with wondering what it means for consoles?

It's great that A17 is coming along great, but that doesn't affect consoles at all. At least at present at any rate. What does this mean for the consoles planned and long awaited update release? Will it be the last one, will it be put on hold until after the end of the year instead of before year end as promised, have they abandoned the updates for console all together?

I don't know anything about Telltale laying people off. Not that I don't care about people losing their job, but we can't do anything about that. Which leaves console players with wondering what it means for consoles?

I can only assume that you didn't read the first post...

The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can. As more information becomes available TFP will be issuing statements.

I can only assume that you didn't read the first post...

Of course I read it, and it answers none of those questions.

"...and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can"

Basically what it says is "PC version is fine, but other platforms are up in the air." Given that TTG were the ones actually paying Iron Galaxy for their work in porting the game, through whatever contractual arrangement agreed upon, it seems reasonable to wonder if this means the promised console update that was supposed to be released by year end will at the least be delayed while they learn what is going on and get more information. I mean, it's not like IG is gonna continue to port the game if they aren't getting paid for their work, right?

xbox

Thanks Richard!

You should probably make sure to update your message and specify that Alpha 17 is for PC, just to avoid confusion.

I have both Xbox One and PC (my all time favorite game! Ever since I bought it at Alpha 10.1).

:o i play on xbox could u add my crackdown 1991 would like more people to play with if thats oki

Basically what it says is "PC version is fine, but other platforms are up in the air." Given that TTG were the ones actually paying Iron Galaxy for their work in porting the game, through whatever contractual arrangement agreed upon, it seems reasonable to wonder if this means the promised console update that was supposed to be released by year end will at the least be delayed while they learn what is going on and get more information. I mean, it's not like IG is gonna continue to port the game if they aren't getting paid for their work, right?

What it means is it really isn't TFP's problem. 7DtD was never advertised as a console game, TTG came in and arranged that. It's not really on the Pimps to cover TTG's failure. Maybe TFP will help IG find new sponsors, but TFP has its hands full with the original PC version and shouldn't be expected to fix someone else's mess.

It is way to early to jump to any conclusions. The announcement came very abrupt with no warning. These things will take time to work out. I find it very unlikely the game and updates will not continue. Just keep calm and let the logistics work itself out

What it means is it really isn't TFP's problem. 7DtD was never advertised as a console game, TTG came in and arranged that. It's not really on the Pimps to cover TTG's failure. Maybe TFP will help IG find new sponsors, but TFP has its hands full with the original PC version and shouldn't be expected to fix someone else's mess.

I don’t agree. TTG going out of business isn’t their problem for sure but then again maybe it is. I’m sure the TFP made money off the deal. It’s not like they gave the game to TTG for free. So expanding markets is always a good idea if it’s lucrative. But yeah hopefully they can find a publisher if it is. IG is a contract house and pretty good at porting. IG isn’t going looking for anything. You seem like a PC player.

What it means is that, until we get an official announcement, we can only speculate as to what might or might not happen.

We've been waiting for a very long time for an update already so, many of us are used to it by now, so we'll just sit back and wait for official news, hopefully from Clare.

Personally I love the game and I play on PS4 I have spent days on this game and love every moment of it the thrill you get when you are building underground of your base and you start to hear those zombie footsteps you run up the ladder or stairs and then you try to sneak at how many there are before deciding to attack or not. But I have stopped playing for the past couple months I have to keep making new worlds just to keep interested in it and even then things are just repetitive now. An update would bring me back and ofc I know it’s not TFP responsibility to keep the console version going. But what I am going to say I’m relation to that is it would be not be a bad idea for them to try and keep the console version updating. An update to graphics and such could potentially increase the fan base by a rather large amount and could mean much more income for the whole project in its entirety. But yes I guess we just wait for the official news.

I don’t agree. TTG going out of business isn’t their problem for sure but then again maybe it is. I’m sure the TFP made money off the deal. It’s not like they gave the game to TTG for free. So expanding markets is always a good idea if it’s lucrative. But yeah hopefully they can find a publisher if it is. IG is a contract house and pretty good at porting. IG isn’t going looking for anything. You seem like a PC player.

Of course I'm a PC player. Last time I limited my gaming with a console, it was a Dreamcast. But here's the simple point re: the port. TFP did make money off it. By selling the rights to the console version to TTG. Who now owns those rights until they sell them off or there are bankruptcy proceedings. TFP literally cannot do anything with the port right now.

Archived