Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since a console being connected to the internet has been a standard, there really is hardly any such thing as a "finished game" in the way you're trying to make it. I linked an article on this a while ago. Will have to find it again.

Comment

True. Any game now days can at any time put out an update over the internet and change the game completely. Look at cod 4 remastered. I thought it was a good remaster of thee original game until a few months later, they decided to make it pay to win by adding in a bunch of new guns that were never in the game. They were now the fastest guns in the game which you could only purchase through micro transactions. Ruined it for me. I no longer play any cod games, they ruined my favorite.

Comment

You are lucky I’m not a forum mod because I would ban you for saying they ever marketed a final product, you can’t even share a like that proves it. So you welcome to my ignore list.

Comment

Anyone that blames pimps for what telltale did is exactly uneducated and simple. But please prove me wrong. I have yet to see a single link that shows exactly where pimps marketed anything other than a prerelease game. For the love of Xbox show me that link

Comment

Originally posted by stasis78 View Post
            Anyone that blames pimps for what telltale did is exactly uneducated and simple. But please prove me wrong. I have yet to see a single link that shows exactly where pimps marketed anything other than a prerelease game. For the love of Xbox show me that link
            I do in fact partly blame the pimps as the console port was called complete. Claire in this same forums told us multiple times that what was released in console was considered completed material. Of course I feel like this was just an excuse for not releasing versions that matched those released on PC, It would of been fine had they explained to us that IG was not porting everything in order. I honestly read that statement for the first time as I was on my screen staring at a dog moving in 360 circles like if it was trying to chase its own tail.

Now I'm honestly not holding hope for this game port. I do feel like this console port is dead with the recent outcome of Telltale. If I can suggest something: at least give those of us that can provide proof of purchase a discount code for the PC version. Also as a sidenote, not all of us console users have steam accounts. So forcing us to register with our steam accounts seems a bit unfair.

BTW I noticed a lot more negative comments that are now gone through this page. Are they removing anything that expresses negative concerns about the game? Most of them were not using foul language or anything like that from what I remember.
            Last edited by Dayژ; 02-18-2019, 10:42 AM.

Comment

I never said a I blamed the pimps for anything. Show me where I said that. What would be the reasoning for banning?Sylen is a mod in case you didn't know.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62391-When-Will-the-Console-Version-Have-_______&highlight=Alpha+consoles
              Last edited by Ignoringmywife1; 02-19-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Roland said:
                07-04-2016
                Quote Originally Posted by HarriTay View Post
                "will the console version be getting A15 when it releases?
                Quote Originally Posted by Mdcrawford40 View Post
                Hello I've been playing 7days on the ps4 and been having fun with it. I've watched other people play this game on pc for years and always wanted to play it. All these new updates and additions to the game on pc, will the consoles also get those?? Thanks for any info you can provide"

"Hopefully the console version will get A15 features eventually. Telltale has not revealed what future updates will be coming to the console version. It definitely won't come out at the same time or even shortly afterward. If the console version continues to follow the PC development it will lag behind."

From a previous post. Why not say the console is finished except for some bug updates. If TTG didn't mention anything back in 2016 about it being finished then I not sure why this post was made about following the PC development.

Finished not finished doesn't mean much to me. What means something is being told an update is in the process then told it isn't going to happen, but might happen. I get the legal part, but right now I don't even know what the truth is anymore.

I get it that some might flame who ever but I am a big boy and just want to know what is or what isn't going to happen. That's all I am asking.

Comment

It's finished but they WERE going to continue to support it. Meaning we were going to continue to get features ported from the pc version. But now that's all up in thee air now. Nobody knows what's happening except the pimps, ttg, and the courts as of now.

Comment

geez almost 4 months and the developers havent even talked about console version. this game really must be dead on console🙁

Comment

Originally posted by Dayژ View Post
                      I do in fact partly blame the pimps as the console port was called complete. Claire in this same forums told us multiple times that what was released in console was considered completed material.
                      You do realize that Claire was a Telltale employee (so anything she said came from Telltale, not pimps) and their use of this forum was probably just a rental?

Originally posted by Ignoringmywife1 View Post
                      It's finished but they WERE going to continue to support it. Meaning we were going to continue to get features ported from the pc version. But now that's all up in thee air now. Nobody knows what's happening except the pimps, ttg, and the courts as of now.
                      IMO drop the "except ..." and you are absolutely correct. The pimps might know how much they want to bid in the auction and they probably have plans what they will do in case they get the rights, but neither pimps nor ttg nor the courts know at this time who will eventually get the rights. And that above all decides the fate of the console port.

And I don't think it is much use asking TFP at this time what their plans are. They will not say anything that could be construed as a promise to the console faction until they can be sure they really have the rights. And if they have a shred of intelligence they will not say anything that could give other parties who might bid on the rights any hints about the exact value the console rights have for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DayŽ View Post
                        I do in fact partly blame the pimps as the console port was called complete. Claire in this same forums told us multiple times that what was released in console was considered completed material. Of course I feel like this was just an excuse for not releasing versions that matched those released on PC, It would of been fine had they explained to us that IG was not porting everything in order. I honestly read that statement for the first time as I was on my screen staring at a dog moving in 360 circles like if it was trying to chase its own tail.
                        Again, Telltale made the choice to sell it as a finished product, not TFP. They also did make it very clear that the console may not get all the features of the PC version, AND that they would continue to work on porting over the features they could. Right up until the debacle with Telltale, this continued to happen.

Now I'm honestly not holding hope for this game port. I do feel like this console port is dead with the recent outcome of Telltale. If I can suggest something: at least give those of us that can provide proof of purchase a discount code for the PC version. Also as a sidenote, not all of us console users have steam accounts. So forcing us to register with our steam accounts seems a bit unfair.
                        The requirement for having a Steam ID to register on the forum has been gone since we started supporting the console discussion here. (Which is basically because Telltale refused to host the discussion on their own forum. Which now, actually turns out to be a good thing.)

BTW I noticed a lot more negative comments that are now gone through this page. Are they removing anything that expresses negative concerns about the game? Most of them were not using foul language or anything like that from what I remember.
                        Not sure how you would notice that since it hasn't been happening.

Originally posted by Ignoringmywife1 View Post
                        Even if someone else manages to get their hands on it at the auction, I am certain TFP will be involved in the future development.

Comment

Telltale are some shady people, an exact example of what a company shouldn't be. The craziest thing to grasp is how a dying company that has no chance of making a comeback after it's legal issues with employees. Not to mention their reputation with the gaming community now. Is holding on to the belief that 7d2d could save them, when they abandoned console players long ago. Stating it was a finished final product. Mhm... Maybe its just me, but take stranded deep for example. I don't remember a game that was actually sold on console to be pulled day of release. I'm sure there has been with business practices these days but that's crazy to me. I REALLY hope the fun pimps can take control of this and show us console players some love. We sure need it, and personally have no ill will towards you guys n gals. Please just do what ya can, and if anything ....bring out a game just like it and change the name lol. Seriously though, if you have some info you could share from time to time to ease our minds that there's a future for us on console please keep us updated.

Comment

"The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltaleآ’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise."

In re-reading the original statement from TFP. If the termination also severed TTG rights to any future updates or sequels then what exactly would TFP have to buy at the bankruptcy auction??? What value would be in a game that most people agree still has some issues and would require another update that in theory would not be possible with TFP issuing a new agreement.

Most of the legal stuff should be public knowledge. I agree with a previous post that console is likely dead, and no one want to just say it. I would love to be wrong or even have some acknowledgment that it is dead. Rip that band-aid off and then some of us an move on. Just ignore the flamers.

Comment

Do you live in America? Because that's not how it works here.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
                                Many are speculating as to the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles and The Fun Pimps wanted to give the community an update. The news of Telltale’s demise and insolvency was both a saddening and shocking event. With no warning, we learned the news the same day as the gaming public.

Upon hearing the news, The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltale’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise.

In the weeks following, we've been working in good faith with the remaining management at Telltale to regain control over the console versions and allow us to provide support and updates on those platforms. So far, these efforts have failed.

Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltale’s actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future.

The Fun Pimps will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
                                Can we get an update for once on this? Have you made any progress in getting the rights back from Telltale? Anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X