Playing Alpha 7, yup time travel!

Spiked_Coffee

As someone who has tons of hours in Alpha 15 and above I wondered what the game used to be like. After Red Eagle LXIX posted a way to download all previous builds I went and got Alpha 7. A few discoveries:

1. Lots more zombies and they really run

2. Dogs everywhere

3. How the heck do you craft!

4. I HAVE FEET!

So I've posted my first day. If I can figure out how to craft things I'll be good.....maybe! Definitely a different play style! If you've seen my other streams this is solo, no Lenz.

- - - Updated - - -

The game loads and does not require a spacebar to start.

I had to laugh, shortly after reading the above I played my first Alpha 7......."Press Enter to Start" at the beginning

Try two, this time with Alpha 7.1 because Alpha 7 crapped out on me.

Episode 1

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Episode 5

Episode 6

@Spiked_Coffee I watched that stream and it was hilarious! Busted out laughing when you said "I have feet".

Watching you trying to figure out how to craft made me really appreciate the starter quests. Really hard to fight off zombies, especially all the zombie dogs you ran into, with just your fists and no idea how to craft anything. I've only played from the tail end of 16.4 onward so sadly I'm of no help in how to craft stuff, but hopefully an old timer will help out.

• 1 month later...

I picked 7 mainly because of the symmetry with Alpha 17, I didn't do a lick of research before picking....obviously....so I wasn't sure what the mechanics were. I'm having a blast playing a game I know so well but don't know squat about Alpha 7.

There was a small part of me that wanted to submit a bug report :)

If you continue - i would advise you to choose something of this numbers (regarding modern releases) due to the fact that they complete the key changes:....A8.8, A10.4, A12.5, A14.7, A16.4 :)

I don't remember exactly about earliest, but

A2,A7,A9,A11,A13,A15 - would advise to skip.

Archived