General Discussion

Roland

Please post here and here only to talk about streaming, let's plays, and the magic that makes it all happen. Shoot the breeze and go off topic as long as its funny. Really this is meant to be a place to post general questions and comments so that we can leave the rest of this forum clutter free for the talent to make their threads and peddle their wares.

Isn't there already a videos and images section? I mean, that's most of what's in that section anyway. (I mean content creators promoting their channels, not Guppy's "bootleg Snickers").

Edit : And no Guppy! We don't need an unofficial How It's Made!

The images and videos section is being used by streamers because that has been the only place that supports embedded videos. But that forum is more for anyone to show off their cool builds or funny screenshots they were able to do. Now the content creators can post here and that will allow casual videos and pics to be shown over there.

The images and videos section is being used by streamers because that has been the only place that supports embedded videos. But that forum is more for anyone to show off their cool builds or funny screenshots they were able to do. Now the content creators can post here and that will allow casual videos and pics to be shown over there.

So content = video, right? Just wonder why it's called so. I guess you would like to refer yourself as a content creator?^^

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

"Content Creators" is a curious term for me. The developers are content creators. The modders are content creators. Someone who posts a guide or even a review on Steam is a content creator. But here it refers exclusively to video content creators. A more precise name may generate less confusion and less need for moderation in the long term. Just a suggestion.

"Content Creators" is a curious term for me. The developers are content creators. The modders are content creators. Someone who posts a guide or even a review on Steam is a content creator. But here it refers exclusively to video content creators. A more precise name may generate less confusion and less need for moderation in the long term. Just a suggestion.

I believe that in an industry term. Like on YouTube we have the Creator Studio and Creator Acadamy and what we create is called content.

"

Definition of content

a : something contained —usually used in plural the jar's contents the drawer's contents

b : the topics or matter treated in a written work table of contents

c : the principal substance (such as written matter, illustrations, or music) offered by a website

… Internet users have evolved an ethos of free content in the Internet. — Ben Gerson"

Seems perfectly reasonable to me that a Youtuber's work is the content on their channel and they surely did create it. Really? Are we seriously having a hard time with this phrase?

So content = video, right? Just wonder why it's called so. I guess you would like to refer yourself as a content creator?^^

I think this was a valid concern during the first few hours that this subforum was opened. Perhaps I worried a bit about whether people would figure out what was meant to go in this section. But it appears that most everyone gets what content creator is referring to and the format in which they should post.

So now there is plenty of context I think to allay any concerns. Content Creator was chosen as a term to be inclusive of both those who only stream and those who only record and of course those who do both. "The Stream Team" caused confusion because people thought we only wanted to support streamers which isn't true.

I think the idea that we want people to create a thread that they can use to link to their stream page or their YouTube channel and be able to update and advertise when they publish/ broadcast something new is clear enough. "Content Creator" also does not explicitly convey that the content we want posted here is 7 Days to Die related but I trust people to grok the context.

If all you want to do is post a one and done video or some screenshots of your base then use the video and images subforum. If you plan to do more and you would like to use this subforum as another access point to your channel then please create a thread here.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me that a Youtuber's work is the content on their channel and they surely did create it. Really? Are we seriously having a hard time with this phrase?

Meh. Yes, people who make videos are content creators, too. All I meant was it's a broad term. If you say you're a content creator for 7 Days to Die, my first guess would be you're a modder. I might've called it "Channels", for instance. My 2¢.

Hey Roland

[sUG] IDK if there's an easy way of doing this but do you think we can get in this thread the creators channels to be listed in alphabetical order?

Should we do it in this thread or create a separate index thread?

Question: What is the best way to record as I play? Right now I am narrating after the fact but when I start my series that I want to do I want my comments to be as I'm playing. I think I did it once by starting just the windows sound recorder and then mixing that file in with my video. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Good question. I wouldn't mind it just being in this thread but a separate index would work as well.

Okay, I got it done and linked to everyone's thread and put it in the Rules Thread. That way there's not another sticky and it's a closed thread so it will always stay on the first page. Thanks for the suggestion Tin.

Use obs for your recording software. Include your Mic as a sound source and the desktop audio as a sound source (to get game noises).

Easy peasy. Lazer has a thread in off topic for settings.

Thanks. Now I feel bad about your link in the index....lol