Halcylion Youtube Channel

Primal11

Hello there, my name is Andrew. I've been doing youtube videos for a while now, but only as a hobby. Only recently have I started considering to take it more seriously, since the 1st of April. I also have exactly 900 hours clocked on steam in 7 Days to Die, I've been playing this game since alpha 1.

I just saw this "content creators" board, so I thought about sharing my little channel here. The channel's name is "Halcylion", a combination of my personality (Halcyon) and my "spirit animal" (Lion)... of course, I'm not always calm, as my name would imply.

You can find my channel at this link: https://www.youtube.com/user/Instruktoror

I know my URL doesn't match my current username, the channel went through quite a few name changes since I've started it.

My content ranges from tutorials to playthroughs, to the occasional trailer.

Unfortunately, I can't give myself the best credentials here, since I don't consider my content to be top-notch... mostly due to my commentary style. My spoken english is not as good as I would hope, mostly because my original language is derived from latin... which is based on vowels, while english, a germanic language, relies on the consonants. This results in me being unable to effortlessly articulate words properly, as a native english speaker would. So if you somehow find my speech pretty good, know that it's that way through constant conscious effort.

Now that we got these pathetic excuses out of the way, let me share some of my videos with you:

My favorite so far is the trailer I edited for Alpha 13: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DFCQpy1dHA

Also made one for A12:

I would also share my tutorials, but they're outdated (last one was in alpha 10). However, I have a batch of tutorials planned for A16, when it arrives.

Last, but not least, I've also done a playthrough of A15, for 35 in-game days: Most settings are at the default, with the exception of loot abundance (25%), Very high spawn rate, and constantly running zombies:

Even though I'm still working on some follow-up/conclusion videos for this series, I consider it to be done; So, if you want to watch a guy struggling to survive and speak at the same time, click the link.

I might also start doing some other types of non-gaming videos, like sharing various ideas that I have, or doing drawing videos, but that's in the future. I might start streaming on youtube soon, we'll see about that.

I feel obliged to mention that 7dtd will not be the only game featured on my channel, although it's the one I covered the most.

But anyway, if you've made it to the bottom of this wall of text, you're a champ. Thank you for taking the time to read this, for checking my channel, and eventually sticking with me. I wish you all the best!

Thanks! Here's hoping the one I'm preparing for A16 is going to turn out even better.
If I may drop a suggestion: The only one thing that minutely bothered me about the trailer was the scenes where you showed the inventory and menu. That was a bit immersion breaking, so I think it would be a good idea to avoid that. No big deal, of course, I am a hypercritical person.

If I may drop a suggestion: The only one thing that minutely bothered me about the trailer was the scenes where you showed the inventory and menu. That was a bit immersion breaking, so I think it would be a good idea to avoid that. No big deal, of course, I am a hypercritical person.

I only showed the interface to illustrate that I'm picking up weapons or equipping armor. But thanks to your suggestions, I may just have gotten an idea for a workaround for that. It'll be a bit more time-consuming, but it should work.

As I've mentioned in my original post, I've done a 35 day playthrough of Alpha 15. It's been finished for some time, so I started working on a "Survivor's Journal" video for that series, in which I summarize the highlights of each and every day. It took me about 8 hours of work, but I'm pleased with the end result.

My storytelling may not be the best, but I tried to be as informative as I possibly could.

Here's the video:

I'm aware of a little glitch in the sound before the 1 minute mark. Apparently that one got by unnoticed. The strange thing is that I don't remember it being there the first time I watched the video.

I've finally put together a trailer for my channel. Well, that's the secondary use of the video. I really wanted an edited multiple game mashup done on my channel, and now it's done. It helped me get a bit of editing exercise for the Alpha 16 trailer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Long time, no videos. I had this tutorial series planned since alpha 12, but only now was I able to produce the first video. Here it is, hope it helps the new guys. New one coming in about a week, hopefully less.

[video=youtube;JcX2o-6ZikM]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Day 8 is here, and because the series is now focusing on entire subjects instead of daily tasks, it jumps all over the place. In this one I talk about trading, air drops and I even teach my method for digging after treasure.

[video=youtube;l8-X7JcsPGc]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I involuntarily took a 6 month long break from youtube, but now I am back and I've put together a video compiling all of Joel's information about the changes being introduced in A17. It is kind of redundant to post this video here, since most forum users already know of these changes, but I'm hoping to get some feedback to see if I've missed anything.

• 1 year later...

Have you ever had a nightmare that never ended?

It's been a while since I made any vids for 7DTD, but I recently played the experimental build of A18 and really enjoyed it. And I decided to make things interesting for a short series of Let's Plays, so I slightly adjusted the difficulty sliders just a bit to make the game spookier. Here's the first episode of that series, which might not make it to day 7, if I'm perfectly honest.

[video=youtube_share;SvlQzOipdGc]

My previous videos in this thread are a bit outdated, and I can say my style improved since then. I will definitely redo my tutorial series when I have the time.

Archived