[Request] Party Size/Game State changes

Kragtor

I tried searching for this with no luck: is there a way to change the party size limit of 4 that is currently in the game? Not server size, party size in game.

The other question is how/where to change the Game State as far as what it spawns. Half the people I play with view this as Minecraft with some zombies that get in their way, so Radiated zombies showing up by GS 50 really ruins it for them.

Thanks for any assistance.

So, moving the radiated zombies back to later GS's looks like a fairly massive undertaking. The easiest solution is just to use a lower difficulty setting, or even change the difficulty scaling in the code.

I still can't find party size anywhere; it might be hard-coded.

Yeah, max party size is hard coded, and requires a DLL edit.

If you want to get rid of a specific zombie type quickly, what I do to save a bunch of time is make a copy of a zombie that I want to keep in the game, and replace the name with the name of the zombie I want gone, and then comment out/delete the unwanted zombie.

That way, rather than having to slog through the GS's trying to replace or remove them, it just never loads them up, replacing them with whatever zombie type you want instead.

This has the added bonus of never breaking the game due to removing an entity from a group that only has one entity (scout waves), and a few other things that can potentially crop up.

Yeah, max party size is hard coded, and requires a DLL edit.

If you want to get rid of a specific zombie type quickly, what I do to save a bunch of time is make a copy of a zombie that I want to keep in the game, and replace the name with the name of the zombie I want gone, and then comment out/delete the unwanted zombie.

That way, rather than having to slog through the GS's trying to replace or remove them, it just never loads them up, replacing them with whatever zombie type you want instead.

This has the added bonus of never breaking the game due to removing an entity from a group that only has one entity (scout waves), and a few other things that can potentially crop up.

So you're saying just replace the Radiated zombies with a different zombie, so that when it calls it with a horde or whatever it calls the replacement? That's certainly an option i'll have to look at.

I'm more just trying to move Radiated back to later in the GS than replace, though as I said that would be a fairly large workload. From what I can see the only way would be to go through every GS of every zombie grouping and put the Radiated zombie probability to zero until I hit the GS i want them to show up.

So you're saying just replace the Radiated zombies with a different zombie, so that when it calls it with a horde or whatever it calls the replacement? That's certainly an option i'll have to look at.

That's it in a nutshell. I realize it's not quite what you are going for, but its a lot less hassle than trying to remove any given zombie from the GS's.

When you are ready to have them back, just comment out your replacement zombies, and uncomment the originals, and they are back :)

Archived