Remove xp announcement in bottom right? modlet?

FailFailWin

• 4 weeks later...

No solution to this one yet? Would really love this!

I had removed all the popups at one time to get rid of the xp popup but it also ended up messing up the repair popups which was a real pain. So had to put it back in.

I could live with that. Which entries did you remove? Was it inside the xui.xml somewhere?

I had removed all the popups at one time to get rid of the xp popup but it also ended up messing up the repair popups which was a real pain. So had to put it back in.

No solution to this one yet? Would really love this!

I could live with that. Which entries did you remove? Was it inside the xui.xml somewhere?

I took another quick look at this.

This solution might be acceptable for some. It removes all popup notifications at the bottom right, including the repair/upgrade rejection popups. When the repair/upgrade is missing the resource, it still plays the rejected ding sound.

Vehicles and other notifications are unaffected.

Changes in red

Windows.xml

<window name="HUDRightStatBars">

<rect name="hud" pos="-90,31" side="right" controller="CollectedItemList" pivot="BottomLeft">
		<panel width="168" height="43" name="item" visible="false" pivot="right" disableautobackground="true" pos="70, 0" >
			<sprite depth="3" pos="0,0"  name="Background" sprite="ui_game_popup" [color="#FF0000"]color="[transparent]"[/color] height="43" width="162" pivot="center" />
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" [color="#FF0000"]size="0,0"[/color] pos="50,0" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" font_size="28" [color="#FF0000"]color="[transparent]"[/color] justify="center" height="30" pivot="center"/> 

<sprite depth="6" pos="0,16" width="32" height="32" name="Negative" sprite="ui_game_symbol_x" [color="#FF0000"]color="[transparent]"[/color] />
		</panel>

If someone wants to make a modlet for it, please feel free...

This solution might be acceptable for some. It removes all popup notifications at the bottom right, including the repair/upgrade rejection popups. When the repair/upgrade is missing the resource, it still plays the rejected ding sound.

Changes in red

Windows.xml

<rect name="hud" pos="-90,31" side="right" controller="CollectedItemList" pivot="BottomLeft">
		<panel width="168" height="43" name="item" visible="false" pivot="right" disableautobackground="true" pos="70, 0" >
			<sprite depth="3" pos="0,0"  name="Background" sprite="ui_game_popup" [color="#FF0000"]color="[transparent]"[/color] height="43" width="162" pivot="center" />
			<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" [color="#FF0000"]size="0,0"[/color] pos="50,0" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			<label depth="6" name="TextContent" font_size="28" [color="#FF0000"]color="[transparent]"[/color] justify="center" height="30" pivot="center"/> 

<sprite depth="6" pos="0,16" width="32" height="32" name="Negative" sprite="ui_game_symbol_x" [color="#FF0000"]color="[transparent]"[/color] />
		</panel>

Here is a quick modlet to do this, sure it can be streamlined a bit more when have time or if someone wants to do it themselves.

Remove_RH_Stats_Bar

<append xpath="/windows/window[@name='HUDRightStatBars']">

<sprite depth="3" pos="0,0"  name="Background" sprite="ui_game_popup" color="[transparent]" height="43" width="162" pivot="center" />
		<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" size="0,0" pos="50,0" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true"/>
	<label depth="6" name="TextContent" font_size="28" color="[transparent]" justify="center" height="30" pivot="center"/> 
	<sprite depth="6" pos="0,16" width="32" height="32" name="Negative" sprite="ui_game_symbol_x" color="[transparent]" />
		</panel>
</append>

Changes in red

Windows.xml

</panel>

Thank you! It works, and I love it!

Here is a quick modlet to do this, sure it can be streamlined a bit more when have time or if someone wants to do it themselves.

Remove_RH_Stats_Bar

<append xpath="/windows/window[@name='HUDRightStatBars']">

<sprite depth="3" pos="0,0"  name="Background" sprite="ui_game_popup" color="[transparent]" height="43" width="162" pivot="center" />
		<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" size="0,0" pos="50,0" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true"/>
	<label depth="6" name="TextContent" font_size="28" color="[transparent]" justify="center" height="30" pivot="center"/> 
	<sprite depth="6" pos="0,16" width="32" height="32" name="Negative" sprite="ui_game_symbol_x" color="[transparent]" />
		</panel>
</append>

Thanks for the modlet. I have noticed that if a zombie you have damaged gets killed by a friend/teammate the xp announcement pops up for you and if I make the finishing strike, it pops up for the friend/teammate.

It may be because the announcement moved to the center of the hud maybe. xD I have not checked so not 100% sure, but it must be something like this.

• 2 weeks later...

The center message above toolbar covers a lot of useful messages and includes shared xp message, I have looked at hiding the messages but I think the best way maybe to move the messages somewhere, by that I mean that it may be possible to move the message into the backpack window .

This is not my idea but in the mod forums UI collections I saw a minimal hud mod that had messages from the hud showing within the backpack UI, It did not cover the center messages above the toolbelt mind you and there may be a major reason for it.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103225-DadMods

• 2 weeks later...

I patched out the XP popup in the client Assembly-CSharp.dll. It will leave all other popups alone and only prevents the lower right corner XP gain popup. Make a backup of your original Assembly-CSharp.dll and rename the one in the zip to Assembly-CSharp.dll and replace the one in your /Managed folder.

DLL is vanilla clientside 17.2 b27 and you will have to play with EAC off to be able to use.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvzZsIAN_6-wgpwFDFw_8dfroXKTkw

Cheers

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived