Make zeds spawn in water and walk on top of water surface

Robeloto

I am trying to make a zombie that can spawn in water.

I tried with this code to make this zed spawn in the water biome.

entitygroups.xml

<configs>
<append xpath="/entitygroups">  
<entitygroup name="ZombiesWater">
<entity name="zombieWaterZed" prob="1"/>
</entitygroup>	 
</append>
</configs>

spawning.xml

<configs>	
<append xpath="/spawning"> 
<biome name="water">
<spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="1" time="Any"	entitygroup="ZombiesWater" />	
</biome>	
</append>	
</configs>

So after many tries the zombie does not seem to spawn near or in the water.

What I really want is to make a zombie that can walk on top of water surface, but I am already having problems with getting it to spawn in the water biome. Maybe it cannot be done with just xml?

Anyone know anything about how to do this?

I believe there is currently no way for entities to walk on water with xml.

I have had a play with the Raft in the creative menu and that can not even be made to float as needs the code tfp have not done yet which may be associated with requiring a new waterblock methods.

It may be possible in the future but I think it will need the big guns to look at this one to do a workaround at present.

Try this property, using a large enough value: <property name="SwimOffset" value="2"/> I used this on my custom entities in A16 that used a swimming animation (used -2 value for a laying down swim animation) and they swam on the surface well enough.

Try this property, using a large enough value: <property name="SwimOffset" value="2"/> I used this on my custom entities that used a swimming animation (used -2 value for a laying down swim animation) and they swam on the surface well enough.

Now thats interesting ...

I believe there is currently no way for entities to walk on water with xml.

I have had a play with the Raft in the creative menu and that can not even be made to float as needs the code tfp have not done yet which may be associated with requiring a new waterblock methods.

It may be possible in the future but I think it will need the big guns to look at this one to do a workaround at present.

I see. That is a shame. =/ I even tried putting weight and mass to 0 and even that did not make them float.

Try this property, using a large enough value: <property name="SwimOffset" value="2"/> I used this on my custom entities in A16 that used a swimming animation (used -2 value for a laying down swim animation) and they swam on the surface well enough.

Cool! I will test this out!

Edit: This does not seem to work. I even tried setting AI task 1 to swim also, but they just walk on the bottom of the water. :(

Archived