Prevent Seeds from being hit, QOL request

Tristam

I'm using the great Grasscutter mod by RussianDood (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?96809-RussianDoods-Sweet-and-Juicy-Modlets) to mow down plants in a jiffy. But now, I want to use it to replant my farm.

As is, trying to use it will rip up my entire farm-- seeds and all. I would appreciate it if someone would make it so that the Grasscutter, and other weapons in general, wouldn't damage plants when they're in their basic, "seed" state. Please and thank you.

I have a modlet that allows replanting as you go , not tried it with the crasscutter though but works on melee

Replant all crops and wild plants

Not sure if you would get 'Living off the Land' perk with a grasscutter though ... never tried

Ok I tried the grasscutter with my modlet and the worst that can happen is that if the grasscutter double hits a plant or crop that simply picks up seed and they go into your backpack so at least you still have the seeds if this helps at all.

Trying to aim at plants or crops that are taller like corn is easier but I found if I did not move in the planted field that helps and only move when plants/crops are out of range

I appreciate the offer, but that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid-- the hitting the plants and the seeds coming into your pocket. I want the grasscutter to miss the entirely and only replant/harvest the plants. Thank you for taking your time to comment.

I may be able to do something with my modlet to adapt it so that when you get a planted seed that it keeps re seeding.

Not 100% sure on how yet but if I can make for example : plantedhop1 not return a seed and keep downgrading the block it should keep replanting even on double hits.

Edit : During my testing it appears there is a limit to the downgrades of blocks so for now that route is probably tricky.... it seems being low HP for plants it's doing multiple downgrades.

I appreciate the effort, Ragsy. Please, keep trying your best. I'm rooting for you!

I have fixed the getting a seed pickup from the indestructable planted seeds with some help from Haidr'Gna so the only way you can destroy the seed is to hit the ground block it's planted in. With the grasscutter range it means standing back a fair way to do harvesting of the plants and crops.

The modlet works but it gives warnings on start up that the plant and crop blocks have gone over the downgrade limit ... although it does not affect the game.

Still not perfect but the grass cutter is a fast tool so prone to more random hits on the ground it might be better also to slow down the grasscutter a bit.

With a bit more time maybe can improve this modlet ...I will make it available later if you want to have a play

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it.

You're welcome

I think you would be better off using the Hoe that stasis has done as the grasscutter needs adapting a bit to stop it easily destroying the farmland dirt.

I ended up slowing the grasscutter down a fair bit , there are other things that can be tweaked to stop it destroying the ground block... this has got me thinking some more about materials and their properties.

Ragsy

Well, it doesn't swing THROUGH the seeds like I had intended to convey in my words, so that I could stand at one end of a column and mow down the whole lot of them, but it's SO much better than the vanilla I don't have complaints, just praise. But this way, I'll have a reason to use high level hoes so it's tit for tat. Everyone has been extremely accommodating, and I appreciate you all.

Yeah the game isn’t really setup for mass farming. Having a small garden is one thing, when you have have a massive plantation it’s tedious at best to tend to your crops.

Once there is a ligit way to add scripts, I’ll be making a garden bot that you can place and have harevest things for you. That’s a year away probably though.

Archived