Removing Radiated Zombie Hit Point Regen

junrall

Perhaps someone with the high powers of xpath modding (which is probably everyone!) can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I'm trying to remove the hit point regeneration of the radiated zombies. I've tried a couple of ways but no joy.

Tried setting the regeneration value to zero:

<config>

<set xpath="/entityclasses/entity_class[@name='zombieDarleneRadiated']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']/triggered_effect[@trigger='onOtherDamagedSelf']/@value">0</set>	

</config>

And tried removing the regeneration altogether:

<config>

<remove xpath="/entityclasses/entity_class[@name='zombieDarleneRadiated']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']/triggered_effect">

</config>

Any help would be much appreciated!

What Gup said, also you might try to fix the regen by changing the buff, that would affect all zombies, not just Darlene unless that is what you wanted.

Vanilla Defaults
<duration value="2000000000"/>
<update_rate value="2.5"/>

What I would try instead and adjust to suit your taste is this.

<set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffRadiatedRegen']/duration/@value">30</set>
<set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffRadiatedRegen']/update_rate/@value">.125</set>

I do find sometimes you can't use 0 effectively on some things, might just be me :)

Thank you DukeW74! Just what I wanted... disable all radiated zombie regen.

After some playing around this is all I needed (you're right... using 0 does not work):

<config>
<set xpath="/buffs/buff[@name='buffRadiatedRegen']/duration/@value">0.01</set>
</config>

Out of curiosity, what if I had wanted to disable only zombieDarleneRadiated... what did I do wrong in my two above examples?

entityclasses should be entity_classes and again 0 may or may not work .01 should lower the effect enough to not matter. Key word "SHOULD"

Omg :doh: Totally missed that underscore!

In this case... 0 seems to work fine.

Thanks for the help and info!

Archived