wasteland

belfegor

Actually, taking it out completely will cause problem. Remember that the entire map is surrounded by a radiation zone but the ground and decorations of that zone are taken from wasteland settings of the biomes.xml and rwgmixer.xml.

What you should do is lower the probability that it will be generated into the map.

open your biomes.xml file and go to the very bottom of the file / find this ;

(my values are changed from the default so this is just an example)

<module name="biomeOutput" type="BiomeIDMapper"> <--- find this... its listed below as well (I've removed some code to save space)

<property name="sourceModule" value="clampOutput"/>

<property name="biomemap0.Name" value="pine_forest"/>

<property name="biomemap0.Range" value="0.2,0.5"/><!-- 3 --><--- look at these

<property name="biomemap1.Name" value="snow"/>

<property name="biomemap1.Range" value="0,0.2"/><!-- 2 --> <--- look at these "biomemap1.Range" value="0,0.2"

<property name="biomemap2.Name" value="wasteland"/>

<property name="biomemap2.Range" value="0.5,0.7"/><!-- 2 --><--- look at these

<property name="biomemap3.Name" value="burnt_forest"/>

<property name="biomemap3.Range" value="0.7,0.9"/><!-- 2 --><--- look at these

<property name="biomemap4.Name" value="desert"/>

<property name="biomemap4.Range" value="0.9,1"/><!--1 --><--- look at these

</module>

<module name="biomeOutput" type="BiomeIDMapper">

<property name="sourceModule" value="clampOutput"/>

<property name="biomemap0.Name" value="pine_forest"/><property name="biomemap0.Range" value="0.2,0.5"/><!-- 3 -->

<property name="biomemap1.Name" value="snow"/><property name="biomemap1.Range" value="0,0.2"/><!-- 2 -->

<property name="biomemap2.Name" value="wasteland"/><property name="biomemap2.Range" value="0.5,0.7"/><!-- 2 -->

<property name="biomemap3.Name" value="burnt_forest"/><property name="biomemap3.Range" value="0.7,0.9"/><!-- 2 -->

<property name="biomemap4.Name" value="desert"/><property name="biomemap4.Range" value="0.9,1"/><!-- 1 -->

</module>

the probability works like a percentage. from 0 up to 1 (like this 0.1= 10%... or 0.45= 45%)

you can only go up to 1 cause 1=100%

if you want finer control, add the extra number, like the 45% example, but its not necessary

be careful with these ratios because you can make world way to easy or way to hard very easily

you can see that I have very little snow and almost no desert but lots of forest and an even distribution of waste and burnt

you must change the settings for both sections because they relate to the different map sizes when you fire up a new game

keep checking back as lots of people here are really good at explaining random world variables

Me, I'm a try it till it breaks kindda guy so I'm always messing with the RWGmixer files (remember to backup obviously)

check out NitroGen as well. Its a world generator that you have a lot of control over... defiantly check it out

Huh? I'm sure NitroGen has a no wasteland setting, somewhere.

open biomes.xml and find --> <biome name="wasteland_hub" biomemapcolor="#a0a0a0">

then past all the ground layer moduals and sub biome info, at the bottom, is this;

<decorations> <!-- Decorations Main: Wasteland Hub -->

<decoration type="block" blockname="cntWastelandRandomLootHelper" prob=".001"/>

(etc, etc...)

</decorations>

<terrain class="Wasteland"/>

</biome>

so, lower the probability and/or remove <!-- comment --> things from this list (sub biomes have decorations as well)

you could try just replacing the wasteland probability with a change to the biomes.xml but I'm sure that the wasteland biome needs to be there. maybe I'll try it later and see what happens. ive been generating a lot of worlds is NitroGen that have little to no wasteland (because i've modified heightmaps and masks the wrong way... hey trial and error)

now that i think about it alpha 16 had a mod I played (Gnamod Necropolis) that changed lots of biomes and removed some, but thats A16 and A17 is way different in the way it spawns biomes and populates them with height differences

Archived