Where is the durability in the XML files?

SickWolf

In steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/Data/Config/items.xml I can see the wooden bow ranged damage and Projectile Velocity (looking at the stone arrow), but I cannot find the Durability of the item.

I also looked in item_modifiers.xml and didn't find it either. Where is the "500" value coming from?

I want to put every object in a database and monitor the changes made to all items from version to version.

Side question: Is there a way to extract the items' images? :D

This is just for fun and no intention to resell/put ads or anything, it's just for me and my friends, don't worry Fun Pimps!

It's called degradation in the items.xml. I think each shot takes away 1 durability by default, unless it also has "Degradationperuse" included. Some have it, some don't.

And there is a console command to export item icons from in the game. Can't remember it off the top of my head. If no one else posts it, I'm sure you can google it.

• 6 months later...
No problem, let me know if you run into any more problems and I'll be happy to help.

I'm not sure if this counts as a necro, but I would like to reduce the Durability of an item that I can reuse (let's say a bandage with a durability of 2, each time you use it, it degrades by 1) I created a couple of triggers but the dDegradationPerUse/DegradationPerUse only seems to work when the item is "hit" or something (armor).

<effect_group name="myTestItem">
               <passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="2,10" tier="1,6"/>
               <passive_effect name="DegradationPerUse" operation="base_set" value="1"/>
               <display_value name="dDegradationPerUse" value="1"/>

<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="0,0,1,1,2,2" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>
           </effect_group>

If this post is too old, let me know I'll create a new one, but since it's on the same topic and I was the OP I've decided to reply to this one instead.

Archived