Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you installed it on both the client and the server? It's gotta be on both. The server will not push icons to the client.

Comment

Originally posted by revolvolution View Post
      Ok, so i found out problem exist only in my dedication server. I uploaded mod to single-player game, and icon is working. Any ideas what is the problem? I add that if change icon value to any of stock 7 days to die icons, its working on my server. Only my own, custom icons not working.
      If it works in SP then copy the modlet from your PC mod folder over to your server and it should work as long as you are running the same version of 7 Days on both machines. If you've done that then I would make sure that you aren't accidentally putting a space in one area and not the other. Go to the .png and go to rename it and copy the name and then go to the .xml and paste it in the "CustomIcon" property. You've probably tried all that but just in case I figured I'd mention it.

Comment

Hi everyone, help me deal with item icons. I am making a mod on 18.2, I am adding an arrow object, in the ItemIcons folder there is an image 160 * 160 in .png format
        The game has an item, there is a recipe, but there is no icon that I made for this item. What's wrong, with the code I wrote, here it is.

<item name = "ammoArrowStonePaper">
        <property name = "CustomIcon" value = "/ Mods / Reallife / UIAtlases / ItemIconAtlas / ammoArrowStonePaper.png" />
        <! - <property name = "CustomIcon" value = "# @ modfolder: UIAtlases / ItemIconAtlas / ammoArrowStonePaper.png" /> ->

I tried to put it in another folder, but the game still does not have an icon, tell me what is wrong or what needs to be done, I already tried different options!

Comment

Originally posted by PashaP79 View Post
          Hi everyone, help me deal with item icons. I am making a mod on 18.2, I am adding an arrow object, in the ItemIcons folder there is an image 160 * 160 in .png format
          The game has an item, there is a recipe, but there is no icon that I made for this item. What's wrong, with the code I wrote, here it is.

<item name = "ammoArrowStonePaper">
          <property name = "CustomIcon" value = "/ Mods / Reallife / UIAtlases / ItemIconAtlas / ammoArrowStonePaper.png" />
          <! - <property name = "CustomIcon" value = "# @ modfolder: UIAtlases / ItemIconAtlas / ammoArrowStonePaper.png" /> ->

I tried to put it in another folder, but the game still does not have an icon, tell me what is wrong or what needs to be done, I already tried different options!
          You only need to reference the icon name that is in the [UIAtlases\ItemIconAtlas] folder.
          Example:
          <property name="CustomIcon" value="meleeToolKnifeMachete"/>

And if you want the icon to have a tint to it:
          <property name="CustomIconTint" value="X,X,X"/> [where X is a set of numbers that make the color of tint]

Comment

Thank you very much, it really works

Comment

Just so you know I have used .jpg lol and they work in game to.

Comment

Also if there is no customicon line it looks for an icon with the same name, as long as the parent item it extends from does not have a customicon entry.
                For example if you have an item or block named "MyAwesomeItem" and you put an icon named "MyAwesomeItem.png" in your itemiconatlas folder it will work fine.
                It is a lot less code when you have hundreds of custom items and blocks.

Comment

Hi, just getting back into modding after a long hiatus and I'm curious if the format for custom icons has changed in A18.3?

I have my items, icons and folders as they are supposed to be. I have also used the proper format for the folders names for the icons. UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas.

My custom Icons are 160x160 png with transparent background with the exact same name as the item (copied and pasted to be sure). Still no luck, even with copying an existing icon and renamed to the custom item name.

I've tried with adding <property name="CustomIcon" value="customItemNameHere" /> and not using it (which is still supposed to work if the Icon name is the same, which it is).

Also, I have my ModInfo.xml correct as all my items are in game and loading from the Mods folder as intended, just the Icons are not showing up unless I use an existing items icon with the CustomIcon property.

For example, a crossbow. If I use <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunCrossbowCompound" /> it shows the Compound Crossbow icon no problem. But if I specify my custom icon, <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunAdvancedCrossbow" /> it shows nothing.

This is all on a dedicated server, and a "rental" live server, not a single player game.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Comment

Do you have the mod installed on both server and client sides? From what I have read, it should work if it's installed on both. I have this for a custom item and it shows up fine for me using the code...

<property name="CustomIcon" value="Tool-SledgeHammer"/>

Comment

Originally posted by Outsida92 View Post
                      Do you have the mod installed on both server and client sides? From what I have read, it should work if it's installed on both. I have this for a custom item and it shows up fine for me using the code...

<property name="CustomIcon" value="Tool-SledgeHammer"/>
                      Thanks for the reply. I'd rather have no downloads needed. Items are working server side already so I'll have to workaround using existing icons with customTint.

Comment

Working...
                      X