Need help with icons

nioton6

hello i am an experienced modder with 7 and im having issues loading my icons into the game.

i followed the path instructions

E:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\MYmod\UIAtlases\ItemIcons

The Game starts up and says

Wrn: creating new atlas for MYmods(1)

but when i start the game all i get is a blank space

i have tryed the old resolution, (116x80) and the new one (160x160)

The proper path is actually
Mods/YourModName/UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas

The information in the release notes is inaccurate and should be corrected.

Thanks to Khaine for the proper info!

E:\Steam Library\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\ButcherMod\UIAtlases\ItemIconsAtlas

Still wont work what are the required dimensions

am i doing something wrong

from patch-notes for a18:

XUi: Reworked adding/overriding UI sprites. ItemIcons now go to “<mod>/UIAtlases/ItemIcons”. The new system can also be used for the regular UIAtlas that is used with generic XUi sprites (“<mod>/UIAtlases/UIAtlas”) or completely new custom sprite atlases (any other folder name in UIAtlases). Added sprites can be any size (a sensible limit would be 1024×1024 though) and aspect ratio. Created atlases are dumped to disk for inspection when the game is ran with the argument “-exportcustomatlases”

I really don`t know what im doing bad. I tried everything, every example of name folder. Still ive got empty window for addon item. Im making simple Auger. Maybe there is something wrong in items file, code is that:

<property name="CustomIcon" value="DiamondAuger"/>

so should be okay. Obviously .png file is same like value for CustomIcon.

I really don`t know what im doing bad. I tried everything, every example of name folder. Still ive got empty window for addon item. Im making simple Auger. Maybe there is something wrong in items file, code is that:

<property name="CustomIcon" value="DiamondAuger"/>

so should be okay. Obviously .png file is same like value for CustomIcon.

Icon should be:

• A .png

• 160px x 160px

• Located in Mods/YourModName/UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas

The icon name spelling and capitalization must match the name in the xml property exactly.

Icon should be:

• A .png

• 160px x 160px

• Located in Mods/YourModName/UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas

The icon name spelling and capitalization must match the name in the xml property exactly.

Its exectly same in xml file like a name of .png file. Im out of ideas. Every three points that you reminded match. Its A.png, 160x160, location is /Mods/DiamondAuger/UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas

Ok, so i found out problem exist only in my dedication server. I uploaded mod to single-player game, and icon is working. Any ideas what is the problem? I add that if change icon value to any of stock 7 days to die icons, its working on my server. Only my own, custom icons not working.

Ok, so i found out problem exist only in my dedication server. I uploaded mod to single-player game, and icon is working. Any ideas what is the problem? I add that if change icon value to any of stock 7 days to die icons, its working on my server. Only my own, custom icons not working.

If it works in SP then copy the modlet from your PC mod folder over to your server and it should work as long as you are running the same version of 7 Days on both machines. If you've done that then I would make sure that you aren't accidentally putting a space in one area and not the other. Go to the .png and go to rename it and copy the name and then go to the .xml and paste it in the "CustomIcon" property. You've probably tried all that but just in case I figured I'd mention it.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, help me deal with item icons. I am making a mod on 18.2, I am adding an arrow object, in the ItemIcons folder there is an image 160 * 160 in .png format

The game has an item, there is a recipe, but there is no icon that I made for this item. What's wrong, with the code I wrote, here it is.

<item name = "ammoArrowStonePaper">

<property name = "CustomIcon" value = "/ Mods / Reallife / UIAtlases / ItemIconAtlas / ammoArrowStonePaper.png" />

<! - <property name = "CustomIcon" value = "# @ modfolder: UIAtlases / ItemIconAtlas / ammoArrowStonePaper.png" /> ->

I tried to put it in another folder, but the game still does not have an icon, tell me what is wrong or what needs to be done, I already tried different options!

Hi everyone, help me deal with item icons. I am making a mod on 18.2, I am adding an arrow object, in the ItemIcons folder there is an image 160 * 160 in .png format

The game has an item, there is a recipe, but there is no icon that I made for this item. What's wrong, with the code I wrote, here it is.

<item name = "ammoArrowStonePaper">

<property name = "CustomIcon" value = "/ Mods / Reallife / UIAtlases / ItemIconAtlas / ammoArrowStonePaper.png" />

<! - <property name = "CustomIcon" value = "# @ modfolder: UIAtlases / ItemIconAtlas / ammoArrowStonePaper.png" /> ->

I tried to put it in another folder, but the game still does not have an icon, tell me what is wrong or what needs to be done, I already tried different options!

You only need to reference the icon name that is in the [uIAtlases\ItemIconAtlas] folder.

Example:

<property name="CustomIcon" value="meleeToolKnifeMachete"/>

And if you want the icon to have a tint to it:

<property name="CustomIconTint" value="X,X,X"/> [where X is a set of numbers that make the color of tint]

• 4 weeks later...

Also if there is no customicon line it looks for an icon with the same name, as long as the parent item it extends from does not have a customicon entry.

For example if you have an item or block named "MyAwesomeItem" and you put an icon named "MyAwesomeItem.png" in your itemiconatlas folder it will work fine.

It is a lot less code when you have hundreds of custom items and blocks.

• 1 month later...

Hi, just getting back into modding after a long hiatus and I'm curious if the format for custom icons has changed in A18.3?

I have my items, icons and folders as they are supposed to be. I have also used the proper format for the folders names for the icons. UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas.

My custom Icons are 160x160 png with transparent background with the exact same name as the item (copied and pasted to be sure). Still no luck, even with copying an existing icon and renamed to the custom item name.

I've tried with adding <property name="CustomIcon" value="customItemNameHere" /> and not using it (which is still supposed to work if the Icon name is the same, which it is).

Also, I have my ModInfo.xml correct as all my items are in game and loading from the Mods folder as intended, just the Icons are not showing up unless I use an existing items icon with the CustomIcon property.

For example, a crossbow. If I use <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunCrossbowCompound" /> it shows the Compound Crossbow icon no problem. But if I specify my custom icon, <property name="CustomIcon" value="gunAdvancedCrossbow" /> it shows nothing.

This is all on a dedicated server, and a "rental" live server, not a single player game.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Do you have the mod installed on both server and client sides? From what I have read, it should work if it's installed on both. I have this for a custom item and it shows up fine for me using the code...

<property name="CustomIcon" value="Tool-SledgeHammer"/>

Thanks for the reply. I'd rather have no downloads needed. Items are working server side already so I'll have to workaround using existing icons with customTint.

• xyth unpinned this topic

Archived