Distant POI Mesh Popping In/Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distant POI Mesh Popping In/Out

Anyone notice their POI Mesh pop in and out occasionally when walking through their POI? I'm curious if it's a bug as the distant POI mesh should only display when far away from the POI. Will post photo/video later.
    Last edited by Laz Man; 11-04-2019, 06:16 AM.

This might be related to the size of your prefab. How big is it?

Comment

200 x 200 ish I believe. Is the mesh effected by view distance? I think my settings are at medium.

Comment

Yeh you simply could be within that magic space where part of it pops in and out.

Comment

I observed this bug when flying around the map quickly in God mode. Seems the imposter models did not switch off then.

Comment

There is a fix about distant pois in 18.1 b6 exp maybe related to that bugsa lugs

Comment

Yeah, I've seen the "black" visual issue before so in glad they fixed it. I believe Sam has loaded my prison in his world and I dont think he has the same issue which leads me to think it's something specific with my video settings.

Comment

Logged into same save game tonight under 18.1 b6 and issue was now completely gone. The only change I made was view distance from medium to high. Hopefully gone for good moving forward. 😎👍

Comment

Makes sense; view distance is basically a slider that determines how far out you see the normal blocks to when it switches to imposter blocks; their version of LoD's.

Comment

Working...
                  X