7 Days to Die Mods Website

Sinagrit Baba

Hello everyone. Actually, we should have start this topic before. But we were planning to promote our site if it get attention. So we started quietly.

Now we are proud to introduce you to a new mod website that we think you will like very much.

7 Days to Die Mods - https://7daystodiemods.com/

Submit Mod: https://7daystodiemods.com/submit-mod/

We share all mods using the original download links. This is actually advertising your mods. So more people use mods through us.

We don't want you to know us wrong. We don't get any revenue from the download links of the mods. Already we share original creator's download links.(also share creator's donate links)

We only change the download links of people who upload their mods directly to the this forum.(zip files that cannot be downloaded without logging in.) So we have no any bad intentions.

We only have one goal: provide people to download mods quickly and easily. (without to register anywhere). And most importantly, to give 7 Days to Die game a detailed, simple and easy to use mod website. Because all global games have similar community sites.

I think you'll like the website. People interest is increasing day by day. People loved it. They even started sharing it with friends. We are ready to listen to your suggestions.

Best Regards.

Hello everyone. Actually, we should have start this topic before. But we were planning to promote our site if it get attention. So we started quietly.

Now we are proud to introduce you to a new mod website that we think you will like very much.

7 Days to Die Mods - https://7daystodiemods.com/

We share all mods using the original download links. This is actually advertising your mods. So more people use mods through us.

We don't want you to know us wrong. We don't get any revenue from the download links of the mods. Already we share original creator's download links.(also share creator's donate links)

We only change the download links of people who upload their mods directly to the this forum.(zip files that cannot be downloaded without logging in.) So we have no any bad intentions.

We only have one goal: provide people to download mods quickly and easily. (without to register anywhere). And most importantly, to give 7 Days to Die game a detailed, simple and easy to use mod website. Because all global games have similar mod sites.

I think you'll like the website. People interest is increasing day by day. People loved it. They even started sharing it with friends. We are ready to listen to your suggestions.

Regards.

Hi Sinagrit Baba

A few friends and i checked the site. Seen a few mods I created. Firstly thank you for crediting where credit is due to the modders whom created the mods.

An idea from another modder was maybe a link also to the original thread as well included in each modders mod. That way would allow some to check on up to date affairs in the mod they are interested in.

Stallionsden

I second the post from Stallionsden. A link to the thread is highly welcomed, because not that often, but often enough, we have to update our mods. Bugfixes, additions, fixings for a new 7 Days version, etc. So this makes direct links sometimes not available. Like I had to update two of my mods, and the links to the old (buggy/outdated) versions are now down.

Besides the missing link to our threads: A good site to see, what mods are available :).

Nice site, as i'm currently setting up a new server with mods, this gives me a great overview of what mods are out there. Far better like here in the forum where the mods are burried under dozens of other threads.

Nevertheless i have to agree to stallionsden and claymore. A link to the forum thread would be really usuefull, especially if your mod descriptions are not that detailed. I e.g. found the pickup mod, and there is no further information. How many players can drive in it? How much storage does it have? What's needed to build it? I guess the thread for the mod would answer these questions in its opening post.

I'm so glad you like it. When mods are updated, we update posts by adding "changelogs". We get mod descriptions from the original mod topics. Sensible suggestion. In this way, people can access to the direct mod creator and more details. And It will fix broken link problems. We will add forum topics links to posts.

I'm so glad you like it. When mods are updated, we update posts by adding "changelogs". We get mod descriptions from the original mod topics. Sensible suggestion. In this way, people can access to the direct mod creator and more details. We will add forum topics links to posts.

By linking the mods in your site to the forums threads of the same mod name etc it also gives them the opportunity to read pages in that mod thread. Not just a brief description.

It also gives them a chance to post any issues they have with the mod.... errors etc.

Also they can ask for a varied version of the mod or even ask if a mod is possible and that modder could make it etc for them.

When I myself dl a mod I like details I like to see what errors and what fixes etc accompany that mod also.

It's a great site and as you stated gets our mods out there more which we appreciate.

Hi Sinagrit Baba,

I like the website as it is simple to navigate and its good for showcasing our work. Nice work !

I have noticed your website admins are answering some of the comments that your registered users make when they are having issues or questions regarding using some of our mods.

Like most modders on this forum we all pride ourselves on the level of support we can give on the current platforms we use .

I personally have other support platforms to attend such as Github /Gitlab ... some also have Nexus support platforms, so there can be lots of time involved for modders when we are supporting our mod users even on our current platforms.

Putting the Forum link for mods into the description is a good thing and thank you for that .... but if you could make it clear that the mods you are advertising are fully supported by the mod authors here at the 7 days to Die forum it would help you and us.

Some modders posting their work in these forums may not even be aware of this site yet, so whilst having this site showcasing their work they are probably blissfully unaware that there may be users elsewhere having an issue.

Regards

Ragsy !!

I'm glad you like it. You are absolutely right. Comments are under our control. We help by answering simple questions. If people have big problems (modding, bug etc.), we direct them to the mod forum topic.* You don't have to worry about that. You just focus on your works.

*We no longer direct them to the forum topic via comments. It is enough to add forum or support links to the mod pages. Those who have problems already use forum or support links.(usually) Users do not want to constantly see "go to forum" comments.

Also, an info box has been added to the comment form.

I like this. I CAN see some tricky situations where a mod may be updated or no longer work for a certain version, but that is slightly out of your control but honestly, most of the people who come to my Discord and see my modlets are not forum members so its great to see a place where people can find new mods to enjoy the game. It is why we do what we do so people can enjoy it, and as far as Im concerned anything that credits and helps people gain access to my mods is welcome with me.

Look at Minecraft etc. Websites with actual photos and easy to navigate pages full of mods. I think it is one of the bigger hurdles of 7 days but being early access its understandable I guess.

Thank you for including my mods in this and I wish you lots of luck with this project.

Hi,

And welcome to the forums, I am glad to see you took the time to come and get to know us :)

I would like to propose a change to the site if I may. I would like to see the mod author credit added to the line under the picture that lists the time added and number of comments when in the list view. Adding an extra icon and the author(s) name(s) there would greatly help people that maybe just know mods from the author name and not the mod name it self. And it would really ease with checking out mods from specific mod creators not having to go into each mod site to find out who made it.

I hope you will consider my proposed change :)

Looks like it will be a useful site. My concerns are that you redirect support to these forums main mod entry (or Nexus if that's the authors preference) and that you make sure you update your descriptions to match the current version of the mod. In the case of the one I checked, my CCTV mod, your stating that direct lighting is needed but that was fixed some time ago.

Creating a new source of information places the burden on you to keep that information current and accurate.

It is not possible to add mod authors directly to the post summary. To do this you need to be a writer and share it on site. However, a new tag with the author's name can be added to the mods. We can make it in the future.

Over time, if we upgrade our host and install a system that you can upload your files directly to our site, win-win system can be established. But we can't do that right now.

The first and most exhausting stage now. It takes some time to make seo-compatible posts and prepare cover photos. The site is still very new. There are many more mods to add. Over time, all existing mods will be added. When this happens, updating the mod pages will become even faster.

Thank you all again for the nice welcoming.

It is not possible to add mod authors directly to the post summary. To do this you need to be a writer and share it on site. However, a new tag with the author's name can be added to the mods. We can make it in the future.

Over time, if we upgrade our host and install a system that you can upload your files directly to our site, win-win system can be established. But we can't do that right now.

The first and most exhausting stage now. It takes some time to make seo-compatible posts and prepare cover photos. The site is still very new. There are many more mods to add. Over time, all existing mods will be added. When this happens, updating the mod pages will become even faster.

Thank you all again for the nice welcoming.

I am not sure it will be needed to have to upload to the site directly, speaking for myself here but I rather not have multiple places to upload files to but concentrate it on one place. Currently that is a drive folder I can easily drop files in whenever I need.

Maybe it could be handy for certain newer modders that have no place they upload their stuff to yet. But whatever works and does not confuse the user.

I am not sure it will be needed to have to upload to the site directly, speaking for myself here but I rather not have multiple places to upload files to but concentrate it on one place. Currently that is a drive folder I can easily drop files in whenever I need.

Maybe it could be handy for certain newer modders that have no place they upload their stuff to yet. But whatever works and does not confuse the user.

This.

If you do include mine, you will have to be the one who maintains it.

lab/nexus will be where I upload to.

Most of the moders will want to host their mods in on github/gitlab, or in some file storage location that they are familiar with. You might offer storage for newer modders but it is annoying to maintain multiple storage locations. That my biggest complaint about nexus and why it often has an older version of my mods.

...it is annoying to maintain multiple storage locations.

Gotta agree with Xyth on this, if not the site. As a USER who maintains 49+ individual modlets in a highly customized ModPak, it is annoying as FK to have to check Nexus, then a few different Discord servers, github, gitlabs, then take a pass through the forums to make sure I didn't miss anything...

But hey, it's a labor of love, right? At the moment, the single easiest place to check for version updates to several modlets at once is this, which is why it gets checked the most frequently:

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie?tab=updated

Suppose the REAL question is - what does this new mod site do/provide, that all the others do not?

Nicely done!

I have a couple of small mods I've posted here (and more to come). One of them is already on the site and its easy to find and looks nice. I really like the tagging/search capability and the links back to this forum/download/etc.

I do see similar issues above about "handling maintenance" of the text/description syncing with wherever the modder is maintaining their code. Maybe he modders could give you some help inside their mod if they wanted to? If, on your site, you could clearly define some additional things that modders can voluntarily put into their mods to make them more presentable on a website. The basic "mod structure" is loosely defined so doing certain things, while not explicitly required to exist for a mod, might make mods more standardized and "website presentable"

Some ideas:

- To keep things "cleaner" have those willing to participate just create a folder inside the mod named "7daystodiemods.com_files" and put anything you need for the inside it.

- Define a special "readme" or other file that your site could use to handle all the text? Probably the easiest to to.

- Have a special parse-able file of whatever attributes are needed. This is the trikiest part because you woudl *really* want to lock down the keys/values to whats allowed, otherwise people are going to make things up and things could get ugly (like the game version, is it 'a18', 'alpha 18','A18', 'vA18.b5')? If these values were parsed (or just manually copied by hand) you're gonna want them exactly as you want them.

ModInfo.json <- Chosen because TFP could change how ModInfo.xml is formatted at any time, or remove/rename it

Here you could define whatever key/values you need, like:

"Classifications": "Food,Fishing"

"GameVersions": "Alpha 18"

"7daystodieDotComSourceUrl": "https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?....."

"DownloadSourceUrl": "https://github...."

- Same with the graphic. Indicate what a good "screenshot" size of the mod should be and dictate the filename that should be used. Example: screenshot.jpg

It could look like this:

(Modname)

/ModInfo.xml <- TFP's requirement

/Config <- Whatever folders/file need to be in the mod

/7daystodiemods.com_files <- Explicit location of files for the site that needs them

ModInfo.json

screenshot.jpg

README.md <- Stealing githubs's readme naming/format as example

Nicely done!

I have a couple of small mods I've posted here (and more to come). One of them is already on the site and its easy to find and looks nice. I really like the tagging/search capability and the links back to this forum/download/etc.

I do see similar issues above about "handling maintenance" of the text/description syncing with wherever the modder is maintaining their code. Maybe he modders could give you some help inside their mod if they wanted to? If, on your site, you could clearly define some additional things that modders can voluntarily put into their mods to make them more presentable on a website. The basic "mod structure" is loosely defined so doing certain things, while not explicitly required to exist for a mod, might make mods more standardized and "website presentable"

Some ideas:

- To keep things "cleaner" have those willing to participate just create a folder inside the mod named "7daystodiemods.com_files" and put anything you need for the inside it.

- Define a special "readme" or other file that your site could use to handle all the text? Probably the easiest to to.

- Have a special parse-able file of whatever attributes are needed. This is the trikiest part because you woudl *really* want to lock down the keys/values to whats allowed, otherwise people are going to make things up and things could get ugly (like the game version, is it 'a18', 'alpha 18','A18', 'vA18.b5')? If these values were parsed (or just manually copied by hand) you're gonna want them exactly as you want them.

ModInfo.json <- Chosen because TFP could change how ModInfo.xml is formatted at any time, or remove/rename it

Here you could define whatever key/values you need, like:

"Classifications": "Food,Fishing"

"GameVersions": "Alpha 18"

"7daystodieDotComSourceUrl": "https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?....."

"DownloadSourceUrl": "https://github...."

- Same with the graphic. Indicate what a good "screenshot" size of the mod should be and dictate the filename that should be used. Example: screenshot.jpg

It could look like this:

(Modname)

/ModInfo.xml <- TFP's requirement

/Config <- Whatever folders/file need to be in the mod

/7daystodiemods.com_files <- Explicit location of files for the site that needs them

ModInfo.json

screenshot.jpg

README.md <- Stealing githubs's readme naming/format as example

If they could just parse the README.md if one exists and support markdown they would have not much work as long as modders include this file also in their manual download (or if they link their git).

Archived