Adding "Create_item" property to existing item

RivVerta

My first mod attempt is to police one's brass after firing a weapon. I'm starting with only the pistol and so far I've tried the modlet approach with:

<append xpath="/items/item[@name=gunPistol]/property[@class=Action0]">

<property name="Create_item" value="resourceBulletCasing"/>

</append>

As well as brute force just seeing if I can get things to work by adding to the game's items.xml the following line in the "gunPistol" item, "Action0" property.

When in game, neither of these approaches seems to do anything. Eventually, once this is working, I'd like to find a way to only collect X% of the spent casings. Maybe with "Create_item_count" (not sure). If anyone could point me in the direction of what I might be missing, or could just break the news to me that this isn't possible I would be grateful!!

Thanks for the time and help!!

My first mod attempt is to police one's brass after firing a weapon. I'm starting with only the pistol and so far I've tried the modlet approach with:

<append xpath="/items/item[@name=gunPistol]/property[@class=Action0]">

</append>

As well as brute force just seeing if I can get things to work by adding to the game's items.xml the following line in the "gunPistol" item, "Action0" property.

When in game, neither of these approaches seems to do anything. Eventually, once this is working, I'd like to find a way to only collect X% of the spent casings. Maybe with "Create_item_count" (not sure). If anyone could point me in the direction of what I might be missing, or could just break the news to me that this isn't possible I would be grateful!!

Thanks for the time and help!!

Look up an existing item that has create_item on it already and cross reference it

@stallionsden, thanks for the quick response. I forgot to say that I used a couple of items as reference, primarily the various items that give you a glass jar after use (E.g. drinkJarRiverWater) -- although I did go back and look for anything I could have missed originally [i could still be missing something]. It might be worth noting that everything else that uses "Create_item" is either an action of "Eat" or "OpenBundle". Is it possible that unless the action is either "Eat" or "OpenBundle" that "Create_item" is not used?

@RivVerta

It may not be best tip but look at darkness fall mod weapons mods. KhaineDB have implemented brass catcher as a weapon modification, works exactly as you would like. 50% basic version, 100% advanced. IF he used vanilla code it just may work :)

Enjoy!

@Lako,

Thanks!! That was a great tip. I looked at the brass catcher and although it worked really well unfortunately it isn't vanilla code. Although it did open my eyes to maybe trying to create a [in-game] weapon mod similar to the brass catcher in darkness falls. I doubt I'll have any luck but that's the next place I'm going to try.

Archived