Question about crafted quality of mod items

Orphen

I've been trying to add a few items to the game which hasn't been an issue. those worked and I have them appearing in different qualities the way I want but I cannot figure out how to tie them to a perk. They each require ranks in a perk to unlock but can only ever be crafted in quality 1. I'm not sure what the entry to an item or blocks xml should be to make it governed by a specific perk. Or is it something in the progress xml that says what it specifically effects? thank you in advance for any help.

I'm trying to make it scale with Yeah Science!. I already have the items properties including

<property name="Tags" value="perkYeahScience"/>

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkYeahScience"/>

but they still always craft as quality 1. Is that what you are referring to for tags? Does recipe crafting location matter? It is crafted with a workbench now instead of the chemistry station.

I'm not sure Yeah Science has a crafting tier attached to it. Look at some other perk that increases quality of something, like Turret Syndrome for the junk turrets. You should see a line for crafting tier.

I'm not at my pc right now so I can't give you the exact bits you need. I'll look it up when I get home if you're still looking.

It has one for the car battery. I can't for the life of me figure out any real difference on the car battery. It has

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3,4,5" value="1,2,3,4,4" tags="perkYeahScience"/><!--carBattery-->

and the car battery entry has

<property name="Tags" value="junk"/>

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkYeahScience"/>

I tried changing my items tag to junk and that didn't do anything either. the only other thing it has that I tried seeing if it made a difference was

<property name="Group" value="Resources,Chemicals"/>

I added the Chemicals group to mine and nothing. As far as I understand it, everything should be set to make it craft tiers based on yeah science

No easy way, no. You could maybe make some custom item that gives you a temporary buff that changes your perk level. Maybe have a -1, -2, -3, and a -4 version you could craft depending on what level you wanna craft at versus your current perk level.

Not a lot of experience there, but I feel like it would be doable.

Archived