In-Game "To Do List"

FreakUK

Is it possible to create something, similar to the wooden signs, that accept and store text input?

Or, if that's something that's not doable without core-file editing, can someone point me in the right direction regarding editing the text-box size/line-amount for the signs?

Many thanks!

The wood signs can hold about 11 lines in the editor before it scales the text too small to be useful.

I tried making a modlet that increases the window size for windowSignEdit, but I was not able to increase the size of sign_text_area which seems to control the actual text box.

After looking closer, the sign_text_area is in controls.xml

I was able to increase the window size using the following:

windows.xml

<configs>

<!-- increase window height by 200px from 166 -->
<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/@height">366</set>

<!-- increase content window height by 200px from 117 -->
<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/rect[@name='content']/@height">317</set>

<!-- increase content window background height by 200px from 117 -->
<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/rect[@name='content']/sprite[@name='backgroundMain']/@height">317</set>

<!-- increase sign_text_area height by 200px from unknown -->
<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/rect[@name='content']/sign_text_area/@height">317</set>

<!-- lower close button panel by 200px from 161 -->
<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/rect[@name='btnClose']/@pos">0, -361</set>

</configs>

controls.xml

<configs>
<!-- increase content window height by 200px from 120 -->
<set xpath="/controls/sign_text_area/rect[@controller='TextInput']/@height">320</set>
</configs>

It also looks like there might be a 100 character limit. I haven't found out what happens if you change that yet.

Archived