In-Game "To Do List"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request In-Game "To Do List"

Is it possible to create something, similar to the wooden signs, that accept and store text input?
    Or, if that's something that's not doable without core-file editing, can someone point me in the right direction regarding editing the text-box size/line-amount for the signs?

Many thanks!

The wood signs can hold about 11 lines in the editor before it scales the text too small to be useful.
    I tried making a modlet that increases the window size for windowSignEdit, but I was not able to increase the size of sign_text_area which seems to control the actual text box.

Comment

After looking closer, the sign_text_area is in controls.xml
      I was able to increase the window size using the following:
      windows.xml
      Code:
      <configs>

<!-- increase window height by 200px from 166 -->
      <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/@height">366</set>

<!-- increase content window height by 200px from 117 -->
      <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/rect[@name='content']/@height">317</set>

<!-- increase content window background height by 200px from 117 -->
      <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/rect[@name='content']/sprite[@name='backgroundMain']/@height">317</set>

<!-- increase sign_text_area height by 200px from unknown -->
      <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/rect[@name='content']/sign_text_area/@height">317</set>

<!-- lower close button panel by 200px from 161 -->
      <set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowSignEdit']/rect[@name='btnClose']/@pos">0, -361</set>

</configs>
      controls.xml
      Code:
      <configs>
      <!-- increase content window height by 200px from 120 -->
      <set xpath="/controls/sign_text_area/rect[@controller='TextInput']/@height">320</set>
      </configs>
      It also looks like there might be a 100 character limit. I haven't found out what happens if you change that yet.

Comment

Thanks for that, lavinog. Will check it out

Comment

Working...
        X